Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Why do you think we suck?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

One thing that infuriates me watching this team is corners playing 7-10 yards off the ball then not learning their lesson when Carr and frigin Trubisky throw quick slants, quick outs and other 1 to 2 second throws over and over and over and over again. And then we wonder why we have zero sacks in 2 games. Did we not learn this lesson from the Joe Woods defense? Are they that terrified of rub routes and picks?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    If they can get one of these Top QBs next year, stick with Lock if its not considered an upgrade?
    Take the best QB we're in reach of. If we have two that look to be panning out trade off the worse one.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think the players are ok, got to address the penalties though. All the holding calls are just unacceptable. And you just can't let subpar players continue to kill drives and not have the stones to address it. That kills spirit in the lockerroom and breeds complacency.

Something about the playcalling feels off (both sides of the ball).
    I'm confident they'll get it figured out. We have a lot of guys in roles they've never filled and doing things they've never done. There will be a learning curve.

We looked improved against the Bears. Hopefully we continue to look better week to week. Hell, it'd be a welcome change to starting good and the wheels falling off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If the goal is to sit back and watch other teams get better the Broncos are in pretty good shape.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    One thing that infuriates me watching this team is corners playing 7-10 yards off the ball then not learning their lesson when Carr and frigin Trubisky throw quick slants, quick outs and other 1 to 2 second throws over and over and over and over again. And then we wonder why we have zero sacks in 2 games. Did we not learn this lesson from the Joe Woods defense? Are they that terrified of rub routes and picks?
    They do that so they won’t need talent.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The QB situation post Manning. Siemian wasn't good, but at least he was cheap. We went out and got Keenum who was basically a more expensive Siemian, but he was a "veteran" who had one good year under his belt. Not surprisingly, he wasn't good. So we then trade a pick and eat dead money for Keenum to bring in Flacco, who at best is a moderate upgrade. This leads to the larger question of what we're doing with our roster in general - Elway's "win from now on" sounds good when we're winning, but it should have been obvious a couple of years ago that this roster wasn't good enough and putting a band aid on QB was just trying to mask the issue. We needed to dump some veterans, collect draft picks and try to hit on something, particularly a young QB. Is Lock it? I sure hope so.
    Trevor Siemian looked like hot garbage in his start, then got hurt. TV commenters were saying that he could get benched anyway, and then he's injured. Well, where have we seen THAT before?

That is the essence of what's wrong with Elway. He actually was willing to go 2 seasons with Trevor Siemian versus Paxton Lynch as his QBs. That's flat crazy!

Then it was Case Keenum because it's a "reboot not a rebuild" and now Flacco who "gives us the best chance to win now."

Only there is no win now with this team, as Elway should have known simply by looking at the roster depth. Did he really think that Ron Leary who has been injured since he arrived would suddenly stay healthy for 16 games? Or that nobody else on the OL would get hurt?

Wilkinson was their only backup? And somehow Muchak was supposed to fix Garrett Bolles in his 3rd season when he never listened to his coaches before?

The reason he never improved is that he refused to listen and take to heart the coaching he already got. So, how is Munchak supposed to help? Doesn't matter how good Munchak is as a coach if Bolles just has a personality defect where he can't take criticism and somehow it's all "unfair" and he has no idea why they keep calling the most obvious penalties in the world on him.

The thing that worries me is that Elway will conclude that Flacco is playing well enough to win now, if only the rest of the roster were upgraded, so the answer is obviously to strengthen the roster around Flacco and continue to try and "win now!"

So, no top rated QB next season, then Flacco maybe gets them to 8-8 and we either don't get to see Drew Lock at all, or else he looks like . . . Trevor Siemian.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Elway in his prime couldnt function behind that OLine
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The thing that worries me is that Elway will conclude that Flacco is playing well enough to win now, if only the rest of the roster were upgraded, so the answer is obviously to strengthen the roster around Flacco and continue to try and "win now!"

So, no top rated QB next season, then Flacco maybe gets them to 8-8 and we either don't get to see Drew Lock at all, or else he looks like . . . Trevor Siemian.
    Are you concerned the ENTIRE team lacks talent or that Joe Flacco sucks?

If Flacco then I can see you not wanting John to upgrade the rest of the team. If you have ANY doubts beyond Flacco... we have to start somewhere... why not Lock?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Yes he could.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

That awkward moment when your hyperbole doesn't work and you didn't even mean to be hyperbolic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

so in what realm do people expect 5-11 team to rebound instantly?

our defense isn't where it should be yes, but when we are missing our best run stuffing ILB, the starting RCB and teams are getting chunks running the ball and playing a quick hit passing game it will be a struggle

compound that with a offense with a new OC whos never called a offense before, installing his new offense, on a team with a new qb, new center, new RT who got hurt in ten plays, RG coming off IR, rookie LG and Bolles...and then figure in that this offense played a whopping 20 snaps in the entire 5 game preseason

is it any wonder it isn't flowing yet?

Anthony Lynn of the chargers went 0-4 to 3-6 to 7-7 and finally finished at 9-7 in his first year as a HC...can we give Fangio a few games also

16. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    so in what realm do people expect 5-11 team to rebound instantly?

our defense isn't where it should be yes, but when we are missing our best run stuffing ILB, the starting RCB and teams are getting chunks running the ball and playing a quick hit passing game it will be a struggle

compound that with a offense with a new OC whos never called a offense before, installing his new offense, on a team with a new qb, new center, new RT who got hurt in ten plays, RG coming off IR, rookie LG and Bolles...and then figure in that this offense played a whopping 20 snaps in the entire 5 game preseason

is it any wonder it isn't flowing yet?

Anthony Lynn of the chargers went 0-4 to 3-6 to 7-7 and finally finished at 9-7 in his first year as a HC...can we give Fangio a few games also
    I believe we should have hired Anthony Lynn

18. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I believe we should have hired Anthony Lynn
    hindsight is 20/20

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information