Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bears 09/15/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

You know what it was? It was the Bears superbowl, and we simply didn't have anything to play for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Besides all this, How does the Broncos defense leave a WO wide open in the middle of the field?
    I think we can still win this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There’s no need to panic this year. This is a bad football team. Make yourself a nice spread, buy yourself some good beer, gather your family around and just enjoy the fact it’s Sunday and life is good, every Sunday. Sundays are way worse without football even bad football.

Deep thoughts, by MO.
    I'm going to count this as "delusion." Not entirely what I meant, but feels like it still fits.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

5. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

On the bright side, at least it wasn't Cutler who beat the Broncos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I'm going to count this as "delusion." Not entirely what I meant, but feels like it still fits.
    Who am I kidding?

Blow it the **** up!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t subscribe to “deserved”. 2 extremely suspect calls on the last drive salted the game away. Okay, you gave the Bears a freebie roughing the passer so it was payback, but there was absolutely no way that Timeout with no time on the clock was legit. His feet hit the ground after the catch with 1 second and he had to fall down and give himself up all while calling timeout in 1 second? It was horseshit.
    My point was that Denver was bad for 3.5 quarters. They didn’t play well enough to win today.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    My point was that Denver was bad for 3.5 quarters. They didn’t play well enough to win today.
    If that’s the case, neither did Chicago. Both teams were sluggish and unimaginative. Had it not been for 5 holding calls by our Oline, we might have scored more points. Several drives we were moving on their vaulted defense at will until we held our way out of it. It was a low scoring affair. The bottom line is, the Bears needed help from the refs to win. The holding on CHJ in the red zone that gave the Bears a 1st and goal was bullshit. The roughing calls were bullshit. And giving the Bears an extra second was bullshit. It was a poorly officiated game.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Bullshit or not, even if we win that game it's not like the win gives me the warm and fuzzies about the team. I'd still chalk it up to a terrible performance with a fluky outcome.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Bullshit or not, even if we win that game it's not like the win gives me the warm and fuzzies about the team. I'd still chalk it up to a terrible performance with a fluky outcome.
    I saw some stuff that was nice. Freeman ran with authority. Lindsay was shifty in space. Sanders is 100% - that TD catch was beautiful! Flacco ain’t great, but he doesn’t panic under pressure and found some open guys while under pressure (which he was often). Simmons balled out today, CHJ had a good game, and Jackson made some good plays. Wolfe played well against the run. That’s about all I got.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Another week, I still hate Joe flacco.

Right, we win that game we go from 3 wins to 4 for the year... Yay!

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I saw some stuff that was nice. Freeman ran with authority. Lindsay was shifty in space. Sanders is 100% - that TD catch was beautiful! Flacco ain’t great, but he doesn’t panic under pressure and found some open guys while under pressure (which he was often). Simmons balled out today, CHJ had a good game, and Jackson made some good plays. Wolfe played well against the run. That’s about all I got.
    The sanders catch, I'll give you that. Beyond that I felt like Lindsay was a bit disappointing... but I do have high expectations for him. Flacco is... fine... but I doubt I ever become a fan. Simmons was good, sure.

You are right, there were some bright spots, but as a whole, the team sucked. Not sure how else to sugar coat it.

20. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Are there any good OTs in this upcoming draft class? While everyone else is battling over Fromm, Herbert, and Tua we should swoop in and draft a left tackle.

22. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I saw some stuff that was nice. Freeman ran with authority. Lindsay was shifty in space..
    Yea, that has been a drastic change this year between the both of them. Freeman needs to be the primary back no matter what Lindsey did last year.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The sanders catch, I'll give you that. Beyond that I felt like Lindsay was a bit disappointing... but I do have high expectations for him. Flacco is... fine... but I doubt I ever become a fan. Simmons was good, sure.

You are right, there were some bright spots, but as a whole, the team sucked. Not sure how else to sugar coat it.
    Lindsay is only disappointing because every time he busts a big play it gets called back on a hold by Bolles or Leary...

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information