Thread: LIVE: Monday press conference Sep 16, 2019 Coach Fangio meets the media to discuss Sunday's loss to the Bears and preview next week's game vs the Packers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default LIVE: Monday press conference Sep 16, 2019 Coach Fangio meets the media to discuss Sunday's loss to the Bears and preview next week's game vs the Packers.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    5m5 minutes ago

Fangio said there should NOT have been 1 second left on clock. Gotta have lag time at point he was down. There was no lag time. #9sports

Mike Klis
    11m11 minutes ago

Fangio said plan is Todd Davis, Bryce Callahan to be ready this week. #9sports

Mike Klis
    17m17 minutes ago

Fangio day-after-game presser: In regards to officiating, I'm going to quote Sean Payton -- 'You can't control poor calls or awful officiating."'

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Nicki Jhabvala
    ‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
    1h1 hour ago

Vic Fangio said he didn't believe there was a second left on the clock on the Bears' 25-yard completion. "Nothing in life, in the world, happens simultaneously. They deemed there was no lag time there."

Nicki Jhabvala
    1h1 hour ago

Vic Fangio said "it's possible" they add depth to the offensive line. "But it all depends on what's available."

Nicki Jhabvala
    1h1 hour ago

Vic Fangio said one of the reasons they brought up Jake Rodgers from the practice squad was to avoid having to move Dalton Risner to tackle.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Implicit in there is what sounds like an excuse by Fangio.

But I'm grumpy today so take it with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

That was stupid. Just stupid. Like the saints call. Like the avs call. There was no time left. I would have challenged or something from when the TO was called to when the clock was. Freaking Trubisky was like 5 feet from the WR calling TO. That was a 20 yard pass. No way Buscuits just went 15 ft in less than 1 second.

That said, Fangio needs to get his head out his ass and get our Dline in gear. In preseason they looked awesome. Right now they suck. SUCK BAD!!!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Mike Klis
    17m17 minutes ago

Fangio day-after-game presser: In regards to officiating, I'm going to quote Sean Payton -- 'You can't control poor calls or awful officiating."'

Then make sure your team plays well enough to keep the zebras from deciding the game by their poor calls or awful officiating.

10. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Then make sure your team plays well enough to keep the zebras from deciding the game by their poor calls or awful officiating.
    Not to much you can do when you tackle the QB legally and then get called for a PF.

The league has explained it as this: as soon as he threw the pass, Mitch Trubisky was running down the field screaming to the refs to call time out. So, as soon as the receiver was down they called time out.

The receiver "gave himself up" by going to the ground so they immediately blow the whistle. Sounds like B.S. to me, but it's probably just one of the NFL's increasingly B.S. rules that they add every year.

Their rules get more and more idiotic every year and instead of just repealing the stupid and making simple common sense rules ("If it looks like a catch, it's a catch"), so that nobody can tell from just watching whether it's a catch or a TD or whether a player is down or not. If a player falls as a result of contact and any portion of his body other than his hand touches the turf then he's down, but if nobody touches him he can get up and start running again, except if he "gives himself up" etc.

So, under their idiot rules they could possibly be right. IDK, but it's still stupid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Actually, that rule has been in effect for a while it just doesnt happen all that often in that manner. But the way its explained is totally correct. The person running the clock doesnt have a connection to the officials so when the timeout was called the clock kept running but was always going to be up to the officials of whether or not the TO was called in time. They said it was so it is what it is at this point. To bad our defense sucks and allowed the pass in the first place though.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

It’s the same as delay of game getting called anywhere from 1 to 3 seconds after the play clock shows 00. It sucks, but it is what it is. Stadium was really rocking there at the end and it was fun from a non-emotional standpoint. Plus it was a great trip with my kids and my son’s first game at Mile High. And, got a chance to meet up with Spikerman and his buddy Bob for a bit before the game which was cool. I’m just happy I’m not a 14-yr-old girl who met some dude that has been internet grooming her for the past 10 years.

On to week three...

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    It’s the same as delay of game getting called anywhere from 1 to 3 seconds after the play clock shows 00. It sucks, but it is what it is. Stadium was really rocking there at the end and it was fun from a non-emotional standpoint. Plus it was a great trip with my kids and my son’s first game at Mile High. And, got a chance to meet up with Spikerman and his buddy Bob for a bit before the game which was cool. I’m just happy I’m not a 14-yr-old girl who met some dude that has been internet grooming her for the past 10 years.

On to week three...
    "Internet grooming her for the past 10 years"??? We have children who have been on the internet since they were 4 now????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abe.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	14951

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post

On to week three...
    It was great to meet you and your family, buddy!
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information