Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 838

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bears 09/15/19

  1. #721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    What happens if nobody touched Allen at the end there? Would the time have just expired?
    Then the refs would have probably been forced to throw a penalty flag and then think quickly to figure a good excuse for it.

    That game was literally stolen from the Broncos by the shitty NFL.

  2. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:


  3. #722

    Default

    How the **** was that roughing on Chubb? He hit him as he released it. If that roughing you might as well give the QB a flag and not let anybody touch him. Same with the roughing in the first half against Flacco actually. That wasn't roughing either.

  4. #723
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    88,876

    Default

    We got the same roughing the passer call earlier. Just that Flacco threw a pick on that drive and they didn’t cash in.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love the Shitgun.

  5. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  6. #724
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We got the same roughing the passer call earlier. Just that Flacco threw a pick on that drive and they didn’t cash in.
    They called that one for "driving him to the ground," which is a garbage rule, but the Chubb hit doesn't even fit that by any stretch of the definition.

  7. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:


  8. #725
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Woodinville, Wash.
    Adopted Bronco:
    King87
    Posts
    43,858

    Default

    This meme is a no go.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 4.42.41 PM.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	14942
    why you so serious!

  9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:


  10. #726
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    70,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    What happens if nobody touched Allen at the end there? Would the time have just expired?
    No, they had a TO left and were going to call it right away anyway.

  11. #727

    Default

    Okay but if they don't touch him the play isn't over, you can't call TO mid play.

  12. #728
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Centennial (which is in Colorado)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Meck
    Posts
    23,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No, they had a TO left and were going to call it right away anyway.
    You can't call a timeout with 00:00 on the clock. If the play isn't whistled dead, and the clock expires, that's game as soon as the play ends.

    In fact, there's probably a decent argument to be made that this is precisely what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Keep in mind I'm defending an idea here that I argued against above.

  13. #729
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sturgis, SD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris Jr.
    Posts
    3,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No, they had a TO left and were going to call it right away anyway.
    But touching him ends the play. It may have taken just one extra second for him to be called down if he gave himself up.

    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

  14. #730
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    You can't call a timeout with 00:00 on the clock. If the play isn't whistled dead, and the clock expires, that's game as soon as the play ends.
    It's also not physically possible for the refs to blow the play down by contact and then grant the bears a timeout all in less than 1 second, but they just make up exceptions to rules in these sort of situations.

    Like if that's a play at any other point in the game at least 3 more seconds come off before a timeout is given.

  15. #731
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    35,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    This meme is a no go.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 4.42.41 PM.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	14942
    It is OFFICIALLY dead.

  16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  17. #732
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Centennial (which is in Colorado)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Meck
    Posts
    23,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    It's also not physically possible for the refs to blow the play down by contact and then grant the bears a timeout all in less than 1 second, but they just make up exceptions to rules in these sort of situations.

    Like if that's a play at any other point in the game at least 3 more seconds come off before a timeout is given.
    Well, it's certainly POSSIBLE, as the act of granting a timeout is theoretically instantaneous... but I hear you, this was dubious at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Keep in mind I'm defending an idea here that I argued against above.

  18. #733
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Woodinville, Wash.
    Adopted Bronco:
    King87
    Posts
    43,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    It is OFFICIALLY dead.
    And they were cute kids. I was really hoping it worked out.
    why you so serious!

  19. #734
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Well, it's certainly POSSIBLE, as the act of granting a timeout is theoretically instantaneous... but I hear you, this was dubious at best.
    Yeah, it's just that the play needs to actually end before they can take the timeout.

    Either way I'm not even mad about that, it's the roughing the passer that was completely inexcusable.

  20. #735
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    La Puente , CA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris Jr.
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Fangio just said “Bolles is our LT and will be our left tackle” sounds like VJ with Isaiah Mckenzie
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers

  21. The Following User High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bears 08/18/18
    By sneakers in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 501
    Last Post: 08-24-2018, 08:29 PM
  2. Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bears 08/10/17
    By sneakers in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 714
    Last Post: 08-12-2017, 09:29 PM
  3. Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bears 11/22/15
    By sneakers in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 1232
    Last Post: 12-01-2015, 05:59 PM
  4. Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bears 08/09/2012
    By sneakers in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 313
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 04:10 AM
  5. Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs. Bears 12/11/2011
    By sneakers in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 1338
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group