Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How terrible is Garret Bolles?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Really bro he was like a HoF G his time here and a large part of TDs success
    You liking Schlereth is very on brand.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You liking Schlereth is very on brand.
    Schlereth is great. I guess I can kind of see how he's like the dad who coaches his son and overcompensates by being too hard on him with the Broncos -- but at the same time, do we feel like his criticisms have been unfair?

He's a little showy - but that's how you have a long time career as an analyst.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Schlereth is great. I guess I can kind of see how he's like the dad who coaches his son and overcompensates by being too hard on him with the Broncos -- but at the same time, do we feel like his criticisms have been unfair?

He's a little showy - but that's how you have a long time career as an analyst.
    I have no issue with his views on the Broncos. I just hate him because he's your stereotypical "Back in MY day" type of douchebag old guy. He's just a condescending ahole who thinks his opinion is the gold standard because "I played and you didn't".

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

How dare a Champion caliber OLineman criticize another OLineman!
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    How dare a Champion caliber OLineman criticize another OLineman!
    Can you read? Literally no one has an issue with his comments on Bolles.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I bet Bolles is a good family man.
    I know he always has a great day of practice on Wednesdays. Vance told us this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I have no issue with his views on the Broncos. I just hate him because he's your stereotypical "Back in MY day" type of douchebag old guy. He's just a condescending ahole who thinks his opinion is the gold standard because "I played and you didn't".
    Back in MY day Sir we would horse-whip vulgarians like you! And then we'd sentence you to a term of hard labour working on the railroads and telegraph lines! Or hard labour in the Zeppelin works!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abe.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	14947

Stink is annoying. He usually has a decent point, but he is grating. Chaz is right in that he almost seems stoked when Denver sucks. He also seems to enjoy being a dick. While every thing he said yesterday was true, I doubt that he'd have gone as hard on another tackle having that shitty of a game. I sincerely doubt that Stink would have the gumption to talk that much shit in front of Bolles It reminded me of Shaq shitting on JaVale McGee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

To put it in perspective, he's ALWAYS talked shit about Bolles. Last week he went from calling him Bollesy to the player who shall not be named. His disgust with him is long running, not a recent thing. He's not wrong.

Also, since Big Al went to KOA, the Fan is now on this kick that they aren't affiliated with the Broncos and will be critical when necessary. Seems they are ramping that up, maybe a bit worried Big Al will be stealing some listeners.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    To put it in perspective, he's ALWAYS talked shit about Bolles. Last week he went from calling him Bollesy to the player who shall not be named. His disgust with him is long running, not a recent thing. He's not wrong.

Also, since Big Al went to KOA, the Fan is now on this kick that they aren't affiliated with the Broncos and will be critical when necessary. Seems they are ramping that up, maybe a bit worried Big Al will be stealing some listeners.
    I know GEM, and that's sort of what irks me. He's supposed to be non-biased and what not. The LT on his old team blows ass and he seems relentlessly happy to go beyond normal harsh criticism.

I don't disagree with what he said so much as disagree with how he said it.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Stink is annoying. He usually has a decent point, but he is grating. Chaz is right in that he almost seems stoked when Denver sucks. He also seems to enjoy being a dick. While every thing he said yesterday was true, I doubt that he'd have gone as hard on another tackle having that shitty of a game. I sincerely doubt that Stink would have the gumption to talk that much shit in front of Bolles It reminded me of Shaq shitting on JaVale McGee.
    Mark Schlereth let me wear his Super Bowl ring and I will never have a bad word to say about the guy as long as I live...

I also enjoy his commentary. I like an analyst who doesn't pull any punches and will say what he means.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Mark Schlereth let me wear his Super Bowl ring and I will never have a bad word to say about the guy as long as I live...

I also enjoy his commentary. I like an analyst who doesn't pull any punches and will say what he means.
    I get it. He's a Denver God.

You can make the same points without the delight in destruction.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I think his intent is to avoid being a "homer".

He just goes too far sometimes in the other direction.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I know GEM, and that's sort of what irks me. He's supposed to be non-biased and what not. The LT on his old team blows ass and he seems relentlessly happy to go beyond normal harsh criticism.

I don't disagree with what he said so much as disagree with how he said it.
    I don't have a single issue with him calling it out. The only think that bugs me about him is his constant need to talk about himself. But when he talks Broncos, he is usually right.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If I was Ronald Leary I'd be roasting this MF'r on twitter right now...

It's kind of fitting that the year the Chiefs drafted Mahomes, we drafted this guy - and the rest is history...
    I could have done without this realization. I hate you.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information