Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: How terrible is Garret Bolles?

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    When Bolles is out here saying that the refs are targeting him the very next day after 4 and what should have been 5 penalties, it shows he STILL doesn't think he did anything wrong. He deserves to be called out for being the dumb **** that he is being.Take responsibility and try to be better. Shut up, put your head in some film and figure it the **** out.

He's been calling it out more than 2 seasons. He's getting louder because it's getting worse. Even with better players around him and a HOF lineman coaching him, he's getting worse. If he isn't listening the peanut gallery will get louder.
    It's certainly not public criticism that is Bolles' problem right now. It's that he has maybe 1 more game to prove that he gets it, and then they can consider whether it would be better to move Roders into his LT starting spot. Rogers might not be remotely as athletic as Bolles, but he probably isn't resisting listening and learning from his coaches!

So, if he has adequate athletic talent to play the position, and he listens from and learns from his coaches not to make the same mistakes over and over again, then he's going to be better than Bolles eventually, and the coaches will be justified in putting him in at LT and putting up with the learning curve rather than keep Bolles out there when he's learning nothing and not getting any better.

Meanwhile they are just going to have to grit their teeth and deal with the fact that Elway has made yet ANOTHER busted first round pick to go with all the others (Paxton, Sylvester Williams, Shane Ray, etc.)

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

This ******* guy.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

To put it in perspective, he's ALWAYS talked shit about Bolles. Last week he went from calling him Bollesy to the player who shall not be named. His disgust with him is long running, not a recent thing. He's not wrong.

Also, since Big Al went to KOA, the Fan is now on this kick that they aren't affiliated with the Broncos and will be critical when necessary. Seems they are ramping that up, maybe a bit worried Big Al will be stealing some listeners.
    Anyone listen to the new Al show? I might prefer Nalen to Al TBH - though I do like Al a lot.

I thought he was moving to MA, maybe he might still be - but have continued to tune in for Nalen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I like reality too much to tune into KOA.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Anyone listen to the new Al show? I might prefer Nalen to Al TBH - though I do like Al a lot.

I thought he was moving to MA, maybe he might still be - but have continued to tune in for Nalen.
    Nalen leaves in October. I love love LOVE listening to Nalen. Not happy he's leaving.

I don't like that JoJo dude who is with Al.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post

Nalen leaves in October. I love love LOVE listening to Nalen. Not happy he's leaving.

I don't like that JoJo dude who is with Al.
    Is he getting his own show or something
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, via James Merilatt of 104.3 The Fan: “He needs to understand that he is doing something wrong They keep throwing flags on him and he keeps holding.”

Head coach Vic Fangio: “I think he suffers from thinking he’s in good position sometimes and dumps the guy at the end where he thinks it’s a legal block. We have to do a better job of explaining that to him. He’s got to do a better job of listening to the explaining, but I think he can.”

General Manager John Elway: “Well, he’s got to understand why. I think that’s the most important thing. That’s the thing that we discussed is for him to understand exactly why. You’ve got to get yourself in better position and play better technique so you don’t hold.”
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...le-up/#respond
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Honestly, maybe a 4 hold game was the best thing that could ever happen to him. He seems to have always thought he wasn't the problem. Now everyone is telling him all week he's definitely the problem. If he has any pride whatsoever maybe he'll fix it.

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Honestly, maybe a 4 hold game was the best thing that could ever happen to him. He seems to have always thought he wasn't the problem. Now everyone is telling him all week he's definitely the problem. If he has any pride whatsoever maybe he'll fix it.
    I remember last year he had a 2 hold game and excuses were made even by the coaching staff and some players for him kind of letting him off the hook. I think your right maybe this is what he needed. I'm glad everyone is in his shit. Pissed me off guys like him got left of the hook, by VJ then VJ calls out von publically for 2 offside calls....smh....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

He's been with the best offensive line coach in the world for months now. Not only is he still making the same mistakes over and over, he's now blaming his failures on the refs. It seems like after the Paxton and Bolles drafts, Elway has begun to place a priority on football IQ. Thank goodness. Give Washington Bolles and a 2nd for Trent Williams and be done with this draft failure.

16. The Following 10 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He's been with the best offensive line coach in the world for months now. Not only is he still making the same mistakes over and over, he's now blaming his failures on the refs. It seems like after the Paxton and Bolles drafts, Elway has begun to place a priority on football IQ. Thank goodness. Give Washington Bolles and a 2nd for Trent Williams and be done with this draft failure.
    If we can make that trade I wont consider Bolles a draft failure....not if he can get us Trent Williams
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Manchester is on 104.3 now?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

ive never been out on Bolles, to me he always showed the toughness and physicality of a O linemen, his problem was always technique and accepting the coaching on that technique. Here is to hoping he finally is getting the technique and coaching down.

Blocker, Pos. ………….. Grade

Garett Bolles, LT ………… 68.2

Connor McGovern, C …... 66.4

Dalton Risner, LG ……….. 66.0

Elijah Wilkinson, RT …….. 62.4

Ron Leary, RG …….…….. 58.5
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 12-08-2019 at 08:56 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Hope that means they can get something for Bolles after they draft Andrew Thomas.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Too little. Too late

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information