Thread: Get Minkah!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Anyway, what would you value him as?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

MO > the rest of y'all mu'kvckas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    i don’t think this team should be losing draft picks.
    no. . . they really shouldn't. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    True enough, we could always use another Garrett B.
    or another dalton risner. . .

i've been as critical of john's drafting as anyone. . . but he's on an upswing now. . .

the last two drafts have been strong. . . look at sutton balling out. . . royce is gonna be good, too. . . and i can't wait for them to get dre'mont rolling. . .

picks are always hit or miss propositions, but that doesn't mean we should give them away. . .

PROs; he's young, reasonably cost-controlled for the next three years (plus a pricey option), and he's a former high 1st with plenty of talent and lots of upside. . . and we have a striking need for promising young DBs. . .

CONs; he was good last year-- certainly not great. . . and he got his ass kicked-- then benched-- last week. . . flores learned under bill belly, and he can't wait to get rid of minkah. . . has to be considered as a red flag. . . hybrid without a true position. . .

analysis; he's absolutely worth acquiring at the right price, but don't overpay for this guy. . . we have a crying need for talented young DBs, but we have a much bigger need at QB. . . gimpy lock notwithstanding. . . gotta hoard our most valuable draft capital against the possibility of moving up for a potential franchise QB in next year's rich class. . . IF the price happens to drop into the 3rd round pick range, then there's no question you get involved. . . i wouldn't go higher than that ATM, myself. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    MO > the rest of y'all mu'kvckas

no. . . they really shouldn't. . .

or another dalton risner. . .

i've been as critical of john's drafting as anyone. . . but he's on an upswing now. . .

the last two drafts have been strong. . . look at sutton balling out. . . royce is gonna be good, too. . . and i can't wait for them to get dre'mont rolling. . .

picks are always hit or miss propositions, but that doesn't mean we should give them away. . .

PROs; he's young, reasonably cost-controlled for the next three years (plus a pricey option), and he's a former high 1st with plenty of talent and lots of upside. . . and we have a striking need for promising young DBs. . .

CONs; he was good last year-- certainly not great. . . and he got his ass kicked-- then benched-- last week. . . flores learned under bill belly, and he can't wait to get rid of minkah. . . has to be considered as a red flag. . . hybrid without a true position. . .

analysis; he's absolutely worth acquiring at the right price, but don't overpay for this guy. . . we have a crying need for talented young DBs, but we have a much bigger need at QB. . . gimpy lock notwithstanding. . . gotta hoard our most valuable draft capital against the possibility of moving up for a potential franchise QB in next year's rich class. . . IF the price happens to drop into the 3rd round pick range, then there's no question you get involved. . . i wouldn't go higher than that ATM, myself. . .
    I'd be ok with what amounts to a pick in the mid 40's.

Why does Mo get love when I said I don't think I want to give up a first?

This aggression hurts my soul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Anyway, what would you value him as?
    A 2 1/2 year rental.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Oh I forgot the Broncos are great at drafting now that they draft nothing but team captains and Boy Scouts.

Sooner or later the Broncos are going to need to draft starting DB’s and Elway has flat out proved that he is not the one any team wants to do that. He sucks at it.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 09-15-2019 at 02:11 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Agreed, but you can trade picks for proven players, especially starters.
    Don't kick the can down the road. It's not worth it.

Yes, Chris Harris is looking at a pay day next year. Yes, for a first round pick you can get a player people like for 2 1/2 years, who's going to be demanding a massive contract before that happens. But this stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum. NFL players are used cars. They depreciate the minute they came off the lot, a few keep their Blue Book value, but they rapidly decline in value.

So, what value does Minkah Fitzpatrick add to an 8-8 team? What does he add to a 6-10 team? What value does he add to a 10-6 team? If you genuinely think you're going 10-6 and you're two players short of 12-4, you add Minkah Fitzpatrick and give up a mid-20s, and hopefully 30s, draft pick. If you think you're finishing 6-10, or 8-8, and you're trading an appreciable asset (a top 5 to top 15 pick) for a depreciable asset with an expiration date, you absolutely do not do the trade.

Think of Minkah Fitpatrick as the Aqib Talib deal. Elway makes that move because he's one or two pieces short of a title. This team isn't one or two pieces short of a title. It needs too many pieces. It needs a long-term quarterback, a long-term left tackle, a long-term receiving threat. It needs help up the middle on defense. Frankly, the only major piece of a championship team Denver has is a long-term pass rusher. It's not one piece away from making a run.

You want to walk into next year's draft with chips, whether it's to move up or down or just simply make a pick, you can't afford to walk in to it multiple pieces short of making a run and zero picks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

A 2 1/2 year rental.
    I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. If he was ILB different story.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Fitzpatrick is 22 years old and fits what Fangio is looking for in every single possible way ... the “Save the draft picks” argument doesn’t work here. This is a no-brainer.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

12. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. If he was ILB different story.
    Not even if he's a stud ILB do I make this deal.

The team isn't in position to be trading first round picks for players, at any position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Fitzpatrick is 22 years old and fits what Fangio is looking for in every single possible way ... the “Save the draft picks” argument doesn’t work here. This is a no-brainer.
    But what does he add to a 6-10 team? Nothing. If you end up 6-10 without a first round draft pick, it's just idiotic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

But what does he add to a 6-10 team? Nothing. If you end up 6-10 without a first round draft pick, it's just idiotic.
    He adds a Day-1 starter with All-Pro talent in the secondary, something this team wouldn’t know anything about.

Have them throw in Josh Rosen, it’s science MO.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Not even if he's a stud ILB do I make this deal.

The team isn't in position to be trading first round picks for players, at any position.
    I feel like Fangio is missing this key ingredient in his recipe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I feel like Fangio is missing this key ingredient in his recipe.
    Trade for Telvin Smith.

I’m so good at this shit.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Trent Williams
    Minkah Fitzpatrick
    Telvin Smith
    OJ Howard.

Who needs draft picks when you can go to the SB this year?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information