Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you think we suck?

Default Why do you think we suck?

Why do we suck as a team?

Or is this just a slow start?

I’m pooping as I started this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Mostly because of BTB
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Mostly because of BTB
    Facts, bro.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

My opinion?

A combination of a lot of things.

1. Denver keeps trying to rehash and re-try swapping out rookie HC's who come into games looking lost and out of their league.

2. Rehashing QB's who dont actually teach anything nor have real leadership skills for the offense and other young players.

3. Cutting loose of defensive leaders despite age or flaws in other areas of their game.

4. Below average drafting.

A lot of this falls on Elway sadly, i initially thought he should get 3 more years but what we are seeing is what we have seen since the SB win. Its not a true rebuild and the players we go after are not difference makers. The chemistry is bad and the lack of discipline and focus of the players has gone down drastically. It could be another 4-5 years before we get any real change which might include John being removed at that point.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

1. Bolles. Can’t be any more honest or plain about it. He sucks and he’s our most important Olineman.

2. The defense. It’s unimaginative and it actually hinders our strengths. We’re mis-using our best players having Von and Chubb drop into coverage or just play contain instead of straight up pass rushing.
    Additionally, the inside of our defense is soft as baby shit. 290lb Shelby Harris is not a NT and Josey Jewel and ??? aren’t great run stuffers. The “triangle” is weak. Combine that with the fact that we leave guys like Wolfe and Gotsis on the field in pass rush scenarios instead of guys like Walker and Dremont Jones (both of whom are interior penetrators) while dropping Von into coverage and you have a no pass rush defense.

3. Our offensive scheme is kinda stale. We force the run on pretty much every 1st down so we can play action and then we never play action. We lined up on second and short several times where play action would’ve been effective and we just ran the ball. Flacco is an improvement over Keesum and Siemian but we aren’t exactly an innovative or up tempo offense. Why not use home field advantage to run up tempo? Nah, give the opposing defense time to regroup and rest a little between snaps...

4. Yiadom sucks. He can’t play man or zone.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Its simple. The NFL is simple. We dont have a franchise QB.

12. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It is SO much more than QB.

Flacco has played well enough to win these games. He cant so it all himself.

Defensive play calling doesnt help this teams strengths

Bolles is handicapping the offense. Other teams arent scared of the Broncos offense its 10vs11 football, hes so bad

Other teams know Sanders is the only reliable target.

TE not a threat.

This is looking like a top 5 pick next year. I am beyond disappointed in this team, Fangio, Munchak, the coordinators, Von, everything.

We may never see Drew Lock at all if Denver has a legit shot at one of these big QBs coming out next year?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Also just FTR Elway wanted Mike to come back so Fang wasn't obviously his first choice anyway.

I also think had it been done better in the beginning he may not have even wanted Fang if it meant hed lose Kubiak too.

No death by inches or death by 1,000 paper cuts, sure seems like its the lil things killing them.

Im so disappointed, waiting a whole year for this and its all over in September. Welcome to feeling like a NYJ fan.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

16. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

The common denominator in the vast majority of the worst teams in the league is a crappy qb. And a good or great qb consistently will make an average or even bad team playoff worthy.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

While Lamar Jackson has improved im not ready to say he is a franchise QB. He does have a solid HC, good defense, and a good run game though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    While Lamar Jackson has improved im not ready to say he is a franchise QB. He does have a solid HC, good defense, and a good run game though.
    There are a few exceptions. The rule is very sound though. Our defense that won Super Bowl 50 had an unbelievable defense. That got gutted over the next couple of years in free agency. Just because we have Chris Harris and Von doesnt mean we are still a defensive juggernaut. But if we had a good qb those 2 could shine again. until we can play with a good lead or inspire any kind of fear in opposing defenses, our elite edge pass rushers and nickel back are being supremely wasted. And i think we have excellent talent at running back and WR. Just no signal caller to utilize them correctly.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m still withholding judgement on LJ. He’s played Miami and Arizona neither team is expected to be more than 4-12. I’m not crowning him yet. He’s still young and can take a beating so he runs. Give it a season or 2 and he’ll be a broken shell of himself like Cam Newton and every other read option QB in NFL history.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

My opinion?

A combination of a lot of things.

1. Denver keeps trying to rehash and re-try swapping out rookie HC's who come into games looking lost and out of their league.

2. Rehashing QB's who dont actually teach anything nor have real leadership skills for the offense and other young players.

3. Cutting loose of defensive leaders despite age or flaws in other areas of their game.

4. Below average drafting.

A lot of this falls on Elway sadly, i initially thought he should get 3 more years but what we are seeing is what we have seen since the SB win. Its not a true rebuild and the players we go after are not difference makers. The chemistry is bad and the lack of discipline and focus of the players has gone down drastically. It could be another 4-5 years before we get any real change which might include John being removed at that point.
    i wanna blame elway for it all, especially when it comes to the QB room.

But i would have wanted to see Mike Shannahan here. And what he would have done. He can actually develop qbs.

Joe Ellis did not allow this.

And the more i look at it, the more Shanny would have stabilized a good part of the franchise going forward.

he wouldnt have been a rookie coach learning on the go. He would have a plan going forward and that is badly what this organization needs. A long term plan. And Joe Ellis prevented that.

23. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Why do people assume Shanny would have been the cure all? He hasn’t been relevant in almost 20 years.

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I thought Drew Lock was our QBOTF.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information