Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Minkah!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I feel like Fangio is missing this key ingredient in his recipe.
    We're missing a lot in the recipe.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We're missing a lot in the recipe.
    ILB is the missing yeast in our bread recipe. Yeah, we don't have rosemary at TE, and maybe the flour can't play LT despite how much management wants to pretend the flour can play LT, but it's still flour. Personnel wise, you get ILB fixed, it comes down to offensive coaching in 2019.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

ILB is the missing yeast in our bread recipe. Yeah, we don't have rosemary at TE, and maybe the flour can't play LT despite how much management wants to pretend the flour can play LT, but it's still flour. Personnel wise, you get ILB fixed, it comes down to offensive coaching in 2019.
    i love yer optimism. . . QB may still be a little thin, also. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Fitzpatrick is 22 years old and fits what Fangio is looking for in every single possible way ... the “Save the draft picks” argument doesn’t work here. This is a no-brainer.
    fangio teams have never drafted DBs high. . . don't need to when you play that much zone. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ironically to my argument, Elway missed those MLBs in the draft...

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

A 1st no. A 2nd? I'd pull the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i love yer optimism. . . QB may still be a little thin, also. . .

Goes without saying homie.

Here's the thing that's wrong with mo's stance......hes not going to cost a 1st.

Hes going to be a 3rd and a 6th or something like that. Hes not going to be a first or 2nd. This trade needs to happen for us in the worst way.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

If you look at the original post, I said the Dolphins are asking for a first but I think a second and a player will get it done. I'm not on board with trading a first round pick for him. A second +, all day long. He's a first round prospect that has been shifted around in their D. I trust Fangio to put him in the right spot and use him correctly.

12. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He would be a fantastic player to have, but I don't think Denver should be forfeiting draft picks for players from other teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Here's the thing that's wrong with mo's stance......hes not going to cost a 1st.

Hes going to be a 3rd and a 6th or something like that. Hes not going to be a first or 2nd. This trade needs to happen for us in the worst way.
    “Dolphins steadfast price of a 1st round pick and more.” -Mort

Doesn’t sound like they’re ready to part with him for cheap.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 09-15-2019 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Mort said it, not Schefter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Dolphins aren’t interested in your third and sixth round picks. They want your first. They traded Tunsil and Stills for two. They’re not parting with a better player for less. Or at least, I’ll be absolutely shocked if they do.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 09-15-2019 at 09:50 AM.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Agreed, but you can trade picks for proven players, especially starters.
    Problem: You couldn't pay him. There's problem #1. One problem. His dead cap hit in 2019 is $13,457,268. The Broncos would have to pay that because Miami certainly won't do that if they trade him. Any team that wants him will have to pay all that money.

Next year they could afford to pay him, since Chris Harris' salary will come off the books, but Minkah's going to move this year, not next and they don't have the money right now.

Problem #2: They will need every single pick they can get their hands on if they have to move up in the first round to get a QB next season. That is a very realistic scenario since

a. The team with Flacco might have a bad 6-10 season or something. The Broncos would be eliminated from the playoffs around week 11 and we'd have 5 weeks of Drew Lock starting - because why not? Why not see what you've got?

b. Flacco could have his arm torn off by a rampaging defensive lineman because Garrett Bolles missed another block and you'd have to start Drew Lock. That too is a fair bet to happen at some point, unfortunately.

In either case what does Drew Lock look like? Does he look like a star or another Paxton? If it's the latter, and perhaps even if it's not, Denver might want to move up and grab Tua or Fromm. And they could easily have a top 5 or certainly top 10 pick.

If the team continues to play like they did in game 1 that's virtually certain. The Rockies last year were 91-72 and just barely lost the division to the Dodgers. This year? They are 31 games back.

Sometimes teams actually regress because players you were counting on didn't come through (Juwan James come on down!)

We could be seeing that this season with the Broncos. In that case Denver will need every pick they can get next year because it's going to be a rebuilding year for sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You can’t trade dead cap, for the most part, unless it’s guaranteed salary or roster bonuses, which are exceedingly rare in rookie contracts.

But whatever.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    fangio teams have never drafted DBs high. . . don't need to when you play that much zone. . .

No, they just pay out the ass for them in free agency.

Btw, you’re thinking of Tampa/Cover 2.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information