Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 2 (Bears week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 2 (Bears week)

Pretty sure we’ll start getting some quotes later but for now, TV maps are up:

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=2

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Just started

LIVE: Wednesday press conferences

Sep 11, 2019
    Coach Fangio and quarterback Joe Flacco address the media

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...a-availability

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I thin doubleheader on FOX on EC
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 1h
    Vic Fangio: Ja’Wuan James will “miss a couple of weeks … and then from there we’ll see.” Knee sprain “which can mean a lot of things,” Fangio said

Fangio says he has “good confidence” in Elijah Wilkinson at RT.

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 1h
    Fangio said ILB Todd Davis (calf) will practice on a limited basis. CB Bryce Callahan (foot) will not practice.

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey 1h
    "He's a very good athlete, he has a good feel of when to pull it down and run." Vic Fangio on Mitchell Trubisky #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey 1h
    "I really enjoyed coaching Danny (Trevathan). Fiery guy, plays hard, plays tough. Versatile." Vic Fangio #Broncos @1043TheFan

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 1h
    #Broncos Fangio said need develop Duke Dawson, D. Harris to get them involved with Callahan still sidelined. #Denver7

Fangio: “It really is just another game, especially coming off of our last game.”

Vic Fangio said he didn’t know much about Khalil Mack before the Bears traded for him, “and then when we got him, and it was after a few days, and it was like, ‘Holy shit.’"

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey 55m
    Joe Flacco "you have to rely on everyone on your team to do their job." #Broncos
    @1043TheFan

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 54m
    #Broncos Flacco said there were plays for Sanders in first half. Didn't work out. But getting him the ball is an important part of game plan. #Denver7

Kyle Fredrickson @kylefredrickson 54m
    Joe Flacco on Vic Fangio's knowledge of the Bears' defense: "I'm sure he's talked to our coordinators and offensive staff about it and I'll pick his brain for sure."

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey 54m
    Joe Flacco on Courtland Sutton "It was good to see him play the way he did. I think he's going to be big for us as the season goes on." #Broncos @1043TheFan

Kyle Fredrickson @kylefredrickson 53m
    Flacco on his growing relationship with C Connor McGovern: "He does a great job of getting to the line of scrimmage and making calls quickly ... we'll do more and more things with our cadence as the season goes on."

Zac Stevens @ZacStevensBSN 52m
    Flacco: “There’s always the most improvement from Week 1 to Week 2”

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Vic Fangio said he didn’t know much about Khalil Mack before the Bears traded for him, “and then when we got him, and it was after a few days, and it was like, ‘Holy shit.’"

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Fangio says he has “good confidence” in Elijah Wilkinson at RT.
    The Joe Flacco fumble in the red zone was because Wilkinson came in, and whiffed on his man who strip sacked Flacco. Wilkinson recovered the fumble but the drive stalled.

They just made James the highest paid RT in football and he lasted 1 quarter of the first game. Now they have zero backups on their OL in case they need to substitute for anybody else, but Ron Leary is also injured (still). He hasn't been healthy in years.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Wilkinson had a horrible start to that game, but he came in cold and is the back-up for multiple spots...He actually had better pass protection as the game went on, but his first 15-20 minutes was horrendous. I saw enough last year though to think we will be fine with him. He will get all the reps at RT this week so I expect a better performance next week. Leary hasn't actually played since last year and it showed, but I think that's all that was. The OL wasn't actually that horrible overall. Wilkinson got owned in pass protection, Leary got owned in both and Bolles struggled a bit in the run game. However there were plenty of times when Flacco had time and no one could get open.

This happened last year when sanders went down. Sutton couldn't beat double teams, and the other Wr's couldn't get open. Sanders is going to be double teamed a lot, so Sutton having a good game should start to open things up for both. If Hamilton catches the ball were going to make some noise on offense if Flacco doesn't turn it over and give up dumb sacks in field goal range to lose points.

We also need Lindsay to shake and bake like he did last year, It seemed like he wanted to take everyone on against Oakland instead of using his absolute elite vision....he played very poorly Monday but it was also his first game back from injury....lets hope he goes back to using that elite vision and following his lanes, instead of trying to blow up 250 lb LB's and safties lol.

I also for the love of god want us to stop throwing plays short of the sticks on 3rd down....I would rather have a incomplete attempt on 3rd and 7 that was to get us 10 or 11 yds then a 3yd pass short of the sticks where we still have to punt....WTF seriously this has been a thing for like 3 years......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Well, Trevor Siemian is now sporting a full Mullet. And he's now the starter for the Jets against Baker Mayfield and the Browns since Sam Darnold has Mono.

We know what Peyton thought of his Mullet, but Peyton is retired now so Trevor is apparently unleashed like Samson. It will be interesting to compare our new QB versus our Old busted QB.

I'm actually betting on Trevor to have a better day, but I still don't want him back.

Peyton Manning not a fan of rookie Trevor Siemian's 'borderline mullet' haircut

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-www.thescore.com-2019.09.12-09_17_26.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	14915

"I told Trevor, 'Just because I spared you from getting your head shaved doesn’t mean … you still need a haircut.' He's got a bad haircut. It's borderline mullet at this point.

"So I said, 'Don't take advantage of my generosity … get a haircut. Represent the QBs. Look sharp.' He hasn't done it yet."

12. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 42m
    Vic Fangio said ILB Todd Davis (calf) looked “much improved” and he is “encouraged” he might be able to go Sunday. CB Bryce Callahan (foot) will be limited in practice.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 40m
    #Broncos Fangio said @VonMiller played better people think bc of how well did in run game. #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 36m
    #Broncos Fangio said Yaidom must improve and win some 1 on 1s. And that Jackson will be more comfortable in Week 2 playing more CB after playing so much safety in camp #Denver7

Ryan Koenigsberg @RyanKoenigsberg 44m
    Vic Fangio on Garett Bolles: “I didn’t like that he kind of looked like he lost his composure after a play or two. He overcame that, though, and didn’t get any unnecessary penalties.”

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 33m
    #Broncos Scangarello said turf/dirt was issue for @ESanders_10, echoing what Sanders said. Said had TD in red zone but Sanders slipped and fell. He’s a priority. He also discussed Wilkinson filling in for James #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 29m
    #Broncos Scangarello said “When you go against Bears defense you know where you stand.” Said key for Flacco is to take care of ball while taking a few chances #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 20m
    #Broncos @VonMiller said wasn’t enough to play better in run game. Said he is a tougher player, playing more snaps, has better understanding of D and leadership. He looks forward to Week 2. #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 19m
    #Broncos @VonMiller said every defense needs a thug. Said that’s why defense will benefit from Todd Davis’ return. “He’s our thug. Our big hit guy.” #Denver7

Ryan Koenigsberg @RyanKoenigsberg 23m
    Von Miller asked if he’s able to appreciate other things he did well in the game despite not getting to the QB: “If I don’t get a sack, imma be upset. Y’all been knowing me for nine years. If I don’t get a sack and we lose, that’s a double loss.”

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 18m
    #Broncos @ChrisHarrisJr believes Yaidom will bounce back. “He’s angry. He wants to go back out there and prove it.” #Denver7

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 18m
    #Broncos @ChrisHarrisJr believes Yaidom will bounce back. “He’s angry. He wants to go back out there and prove it.” #Denver7
    Is he planning to prove he's angry, or just terrible?

15. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Both?

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Hes going to pull a Cam Newton and fall down on the field and roll around
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    1m1 minute ago

Broncos will have moment of silence for Pat Bowlen, the team’s HOF owner who passed away in June, prior to game vs Bears. Should be a moving gesture at newly named Empower Field at Mile High. #9sports

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis Retweeted
    Bill Cowher
    ‏Verified account @CowherCBS
    8h8 hours ago

No time to panic if your team lost week 1. Last year 7 of the 12 PO teams lost week 1. 5 of those 7 won in week 2. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes 4 weeks to truly assess your STRENGTHS and more importantly...your LIMITATIONS. Enjoy the process everyone.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information