View Poll Results: What Will Be the Broncos Regular Season Record in 2019?

Voters
40. This poll is closed
  • 12-4 or Better! Broncos are serious SB contenders!

0 0%
  • 11-5 Probable playoff berth. Might make some noise in playoffs

2 5.00%
  • 10-6 Possible wild-card playoff berth

10 25.00%
  • 9-7 Winning record, but probably no playoffs.

9 22.50%
  • 8-8 Stuck in mediocrity. Some improvement over last year.

6 15.00%
  • 7-9 Losing three seasons in a row for the first time since the 1970s, but slight improvement.

6 15.00%
  • 6-10 New Year, same old lousy Broncos!

2 5.00%
  • 5-11 or worse. Wheels fall off bus and it crashes setting John Elway on fire.

5 12.50%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Season Predictions!

Default Broncos Season Predictions!

Since I haven't seen a polling question on how you expect the Broncos season to go, I posted a poll here. Not how you HOPE the season will go, or how good you feel about the coaching changes, but the "gun to your head" prediction. What is the regular season Broncos record in 2019?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I think 8-8 is a reasonable expectation. The defense will carry this team and keep the team in most games, but I don't expect the offense to perform adequately enough to supplement the defense and win games on it's own. The offense has enough weapons to be dangerous. Flacco will be fine. The WR corps is good enough especially if Sutton comes on. Tim Patrick is going to have a good year. Lindsay and Royce will be as good as the offensive line allows. Fant will be a stud. But the success of the offense will ride on the offensive line's ability to protect Flacco and open running lanes and I think we can all agree that the outlook on that is not bright.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Right this moment? I'd say a 5-6 win club. This is gun to the head vegas money prediction.

Why?

Flacco, Bolles, and new OC. New HC doesn't help, but the new OC is my main concern. This could change dramatically after week 1, but right now I have no evidence this team will be able to generate early leads...and definitely not late leads.

ILB and up the middle seem soft on the personnel side. Getting behind on the scoreboard takes away the stellar pass defense and puts the screws to Davis (if healthy) and Jewell. Puts pressure on Bolles.

If the offense out the gate in game 1 is clicking, I take it all back. Then I see a 10 win team barring injuries.

I have a good feeling about the team and hope that Scangk and Flacco make me look dumb.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Right this moment? I'd say a 5-6 win club. This is gun to the head vegas money prediction.

Why?

Flacco, Bolles, and new OC. New HC doesn't help, but the new OC is my main concern. This could change dramatically after week 1, but right now I have no evidence this team will be able to generate early leads...and definitely not late leads.

ILB and up the middle seem soft on the personnel side. Getting behind on the scoreboard takes away the stellar pass defense and puts the screws to Davis (if healthy) and Jewell. Puts pressure on Bolles.

If the offense out the gate in game 1 is clicking, I take it all back. Then I see a 10 win team barring injuries.

I have a good feeling about the team and hope that Scangk and Flacco make me look dumb.

6. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Ask me again on Monday!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Ask me again on Monday!!
    You mean Tuesday?

Anyway, it's kind of silly to have a poll like this before our first game. The 1st teamers haven't played much at all in the preseason, so I'm anxious to see what they've been working on.

I believe we'll be better than 8-8. Not 12-4 either. Somewhere inbetween.

Gun to my head, 9wins.

I think we are 10 wins though.

I do not trust Scangs. That is my problem with this team I do not trust him. I think flacco is average and the run game has me concerned. If they get the run game going 10+ wins. If we do not or if Scangs isn't up to task (I have a feeling he is not) then 9 wins. I think our defense alone wins us 6 and Vic Fangio effect is good for 2. That just leaves us 1 win that we pulled off we shouldn't have. We had a bunch of those go the other way the last few years. I think our luck changes this year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

My bold prediction: Scangerello is the going to be the new wunderkind OC. We'll be lucky to hold onto him for a few years. Hopefully, Fangio/Elway et al are grooming someone behind him in the same system.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

9-7. Maybe 10-6 if we catch a few breaks along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

I think this defense has the chance to be special. I doubt they will be one of the best in history, like in '15, but they should be top 10 for sure, possibly top five, and I would be surprised if top 3 in the league. On paper, and I know that's dangerous, they have a lot of talent, and the front five looks likely to be able to develop enough pressure that the ILBs can focus on middle mop up and allow safeties to play deep, which I understand is what Fangio likes. Again, will it translate on paper? Who knows, but outside of ILBs, the defensive starters are range from good to elite.

On offense, it will come down to injuries and O-line. If the oline can be reasonably good, and on paper they are improved (but I've fallen for this paper before), when you combine Flaccos experience, with a lot of good skilled players around him, there is no reason to believe this can't be a top 15-18 type offense (with high upside -- there is a lot of play making talent at RB, WR and TE) that likely won't need to score a lot with a good, possibly dominant, defense.

I think people are underestimating the Broncos and while I wasn't initially impressed with the Flacco signing, in hindsight, I think that's exactly what they needed and he should be a good fit for the new (old) run first, play action offense.

I chose 11 wins, but I could easily see it being 12 or 13. I think the playoffs are likely, and I'm feeling fairly good about the $100 I laid at 80:1.

Ten wins. I would have picked more had if I believed in our depth. The biggest questions are on offense, but what else is new? It is what it is. I think Flacco will be average - he will throw some picks that will just make you mad, but some of the throws he can hit will make up for it. I believe in our RB's. I believe the scheme will help the running game and blocking. I think TE's will continue to haunt us as we continue to have a void there, at least for the moment.

However, we have the best and most talented pass rusher duo in the league. I actually like our DL depth, and our secondary should be improved. If you have a great pass rush, and good coverage guys, you can get by with weakness at ILB.

Let's see how it plays out, but I like the team's chances to hit double digit wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

It depends on what week Fucco goes on the DL since Lock won't be ready and there are no other viable QBs on the roster. I voted 6-10 because I'm guessing Fucco goes down somewhere around Halloween. But, then, I'm an optimist.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I said 10-6. I have a lot of faith in Fangio and La Famiglia. I think they can will this team to 10-6 and if not, they can bring a lot of pain and scare this team to 10-6.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Gun to my head...7-9.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

20. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It depends on what week Fucco goes on the DL since Lock won't be ready and there are no other viable QBs on the roster. I voted 6-10 because I'm guessing Fucco goes down somewhere around Halloween. But, then, I'm an optimist.
    Flacco won't play Defensive Line. He's a QB.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information