Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Raiders 09/09/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

What a sad wet fart of a football game - and Joe Flacco is the least of our problems. Yiadom sucks profoundly, the defense was unimaginative and ineffective, Chubb and Von invisible. Now I am at work and sleep deprived after that bullshit. And it was the Raiders. Noah Fant really looked pretty bad, though first game and all, so who knows going forward

Beating the Raiders is always my top priority. Playoffs and all are nice, but any year we sweep the Raiders is a good year regardless of everything else. And that is out the window; being swept by those A-holes? Worse still.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Game started at 11:20 Atlantic time out here on the ol' EC.
    I recorded it, fully intending to watch it after supper tonight.
    I may take a pass on that now...

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

How i feel today and how the team played last night.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Game started at 11:20 Atlantic time out here on the ol' EC.
    I recorded it, fully intending to watch it after supper tonight.
    I may take a pass on that now...
    The only redeeming thing about last night is when Flacco did decide to throw the ball he was on the money. His passes to Sutton and Sanders were quite spectacular. Dont know why we waited until the 4th to try and stretch the field but outside of those few passes it was a shit show and the defense was nowhere to be found.

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Flacco played well considering how the F could they Win when the D played like that and the Offense as a whole was so terrible.

Yiadom? Leary? Fant? Coaching Staff?

Carr looked unstoppable like Manning in his prime.

Gruden totally outcoached Fangio.

It was SO BAD across the Board QB is the least of the problem.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

Yes, people have been saying that.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No one said it was all on him, they said he shared some of the blame which is true. Many times last night he held onto the ball longer than he should have and took some unnecessary coverage sacks.
    several of which took us out of field goal range.

14. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Flacco played well considering how the F could they Win when the D played like that and the Offense as a whole was so terrible.

Yiadom? Leary? Fant? Coaching Staff?

Carr looked unstoppable like Manning in his prime.

Gruden totally outcoached Fangio.

dude...read for once. No one is saying that the whole team wasn't bad. Yiadom blows chunks... There were a ton of problems, all we're saying is despite your protestations, flacco was one of those problems, one of many. He doesn't get a pass just because every other area of the team had issues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I heard a stat today that kinda puts in perspective why we are stuck in mediocrity. In our drafts from 2013-2017, only 5 players are still on the team. All those years of poor drafting have really taken their toll. We just don't have a deep roster, and we only have marginal starters as it is. Coaching has definitely been a problem, but the talent just hasn't been there either.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I heard a stat today that kinda puts in perspective why we are stuck in mediocrity. In our drafts from 2013-2017, only 5 players are still on the team. All those years of poor drafting have really taken their toll. We just don't have a deep roster, and we only have marginal starters as it is. Coaching has definitely been a problem, but the talent just hasn't been there either.
    Its what happens when you constantly take projects instead of the best players available. I love Elway but as a GM he is actually starting to irk me in that dept. Yes, i know we won a SB in 2015 but that was an anomaly and not built for a legacy which is what we need to be doing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Broncos seem to give Carr career completion percentage games. CB playing off the line 10 yards and zone screws our pass rush every time. Carr feeds off the quick passes. This is the same defensive scheme that killed us last year. Commentators hit it in the head that Chucky was in Vic’s head and could call anything and Vic didn’t know what to defend.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Flacco is an improvement in arm strength and a small one in accuracy from what we’ve had but he needed to throw the ball away instead of taking sacks and losing field position. He needs to drive the offense on the field and audible out of bad plays. Several times we ran right into the teeth of a run heavy defense or passed when it was an obvious blitz. I’m sure Scangs gives him audible ability. He needs to be that coach on the field. Outside of ES, everyone else is rookies or second year guys who need leadership out there. Still didn’t see any real screens other than that f’d up trick play attempt in the rz.

Yiadom was garbage and once they realized this, they gave him neither help nor did they replace him with one of the other CBs. Bausby and the new guy from NE never saw the field except for STs. Jackson was brought in, IMO, especially to help cover TEs but they waited until the 4th qtr to match him up with Waller and when they did, 2 straight incompletions.

Leary looks like he’s playing hurt. He had what, like 3 penalties last night? That’s poor technique due to either playing hurt or rust. I suspect both but the former is more a concern.

I know Fangio is a zone guy who relies on pass rush to get home, but when they opposing team is playing a dink and dunk offense it is essential to press receivers at the LOS to disrupt all these short, quick hitting routes and allow the pass rush at least a chance. Gruden did his thing, WCO, dink and dunk, run between the tackles and we just let them do it. Our inside LB position is a real problem. Jewel and Nelson/whoever were terrible last night. It’s our worst position on defense. Todd Davis returning won’t make it much better. Combine that with the fact that Harris is a natural 3 technique playing NT in a 3-4 (good for pass rush, bad for run stuffing) and you have an extremely soft defensive “triangle”. It wasn’t quite as bad as it looked as it looked because we held Jacobs to like 3 yds/carry but we couldn’t stop them on short yardage.

I have no opinion on STs other than the one return against us was shitty I don’t understand why they ever tell McManus to do that loft kickoff shit when he can easily kick it out of the end zone. The one non touchback was the big return.

There were a few positives, Sutton looked okay (I think he got banged up though), Freeman ran hard, Bolles, even though he held, wasn’t called for it, and ES looks like he’s back near 100%. It was Fant’s first game so I won’t be too hard on him. He caught the catchable balls that came his way and was used to block during passing downs too much. If your TEs are man to man with a DE blocking on a passing down while your OT just stands there (as happened on the holding call) then your scheme is kinda shitty.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Flacco is an improvement in arm strength and a small one in accuracy from what we’ve had but he needed to throw the ball away instead of taking sacks and losing field position. He needs to drive the offense on the field and audible out of bad plays. Several times we ran right into the teeth of a run heavy defense or passed when it was an obvious blitz. I’m sure Scangs gives him audible ability. He needs to be that coach on the field. Outside of ES, everyone else is rookies or second year guys who need leadership out there. Still didn’t see any real screens other than that f’d up trick play attempt in the rz.

Yiadom was garbage and once they realized this, they gave him neither help nor did they replace him with one of the other CBs. Bausby and the new guy from NE never saw the field except for STs. Jackson was brought in, IMO, especially to help cover TEs but they waited until the 4th qtr to match him up with Waller and when they did, 2 straight incompletions.

Leary looks like he’s playing hurt. He had what, like 3 penalties last night? That’s poor technique due to either playing hurt or rust. I suspect both but the former is more a concern.

I know Fangio is a zone guy who relies on pass rush to get home, but when they opposing team is playing a dink and dunk offense it is essential to press receivers at the LOS to disrupt all these short, quick hitting routes and allow the pass rush at least a chance. Gruden did his thing, WCO, dink and dunk, run between the tackles and we just let them do it. Our inside LB position is a real problem. Jewel and Nelson/whoever were terrible last night. It’s our worst position on defense. Todd Davis returning won’t make it much better. Combine that with the fact that Harris is a natural 3 technique playing NT in a 3-4 (good for pass rush, bad for run stuffing) and you have an extremely soft defensive “triangle”. It wasn’t quite as bad as it looked as it looked because we held Jacobs to like 3 yds/carry but we couldn’t stop them on short yardage.

I have no opinion on STs other than the one return against us was shitty I don’t understand why they ever tell McManus to do that loft kickoff shit when he can easily kick it out of the end zone. The one non touchback was the big return.

There were a few positives, Sutton looked okay (I think he got banged up though), Freeman ran hard, Bolles, even though he held, wasn’t called for it, and ES looks like he’s back near 100%. It was Fant’s first game so I won’t be too hard on him. He caught the catchable balls that came his way and was used to block during passing downs too much. If your TEs are man to man with a DE blocking on a passing down while your OT just stands there (as happened on the holding call) then your scheme is kinda shitty.
    That hit Sutton took looked PAINFUL!

One more positive....Lindsay on that blitz pickup was magical. He did good.

26. The Following 8 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information