Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Raiders 09/09/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    One more positive....Lindsay on that blitz pickup was magical. He did good.
    It was the one highlight he had last night.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

That hit Sutton took looked PAINFUL!
    Yeah the play before the TD he was f’d up. I think it was one of the reasons we tried the quick snap QB sneak. He never came back toward the huddle and stood out wide obviously in pain. He took some big shots.

BTW, Any word on James?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    several of which took us out of field goal range.
    I admit turned the tv off with 5 mins remaining but, well forget my point but something about field goals being insufficient to win games most of the time

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    might as well play Lock at this point
    brilliant plan. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    that's really not fair to vance. . . at least he was able to get some production out of von and chubb. . . we have very little chance to match last year's five wins if we can't generate any pass rush. . . is it too late to get wade back??
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Oh one more positive: we never have to play on that shitty baseball diamond field again! I don’t know how many guys couldn’t keep their feet last night. It definitely affected the game.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Flacco made some very stupid mistakes. However, I don't feel like he was in the top half of our problems. He is supposed to be an average/solid STARTING QB. It never felt like he shouldn't have been on the field, which is more than I could say for the past few QB's we've had. Some of those sacks and key throws left something to be desired. That being said, my eyes/my gut/they're basically linked to one another/lawlz tell me he's okay.

For reference, we attacked the middle of the field with him yesterday. We literally haven't done that in three years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Flacco made some very stupid mistakes. However, I don't feel like he was in the top half of our problems. He is supposed to be an average/solid STARTING QB. It never felt like he shouldn't have been on the field, which is more than I could say for the past few QB's we've had. Some of those sacks and key throws left something to be desired. That being said, my eyes/my gut/they're basically linked to one another/lawlz tell me he's okay.

For reference, we attacked the middle of the field with him yesterday. We literally haven't done that in three years.
    I saw that too. I didn’t, however, see him ever complete a pass outside numbers.

11. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

King, sorry I couldn't answer last night, my dad wouldn't stop yelling at the tv. Didn't figure you wanted to hear that!

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

King, sorry I couldn't answer last night, my dad wouldn't stop yelling at the tv. Didn't figure you wanted to hear that!
    I just wanted to know if what I was seeing was real.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I just wanted to know if what I was seeing was real.
    Yea, that shit was real....friggen twats!

16. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I saw that too. I didn’t, however, see him ever complete a pass outside numbers.
    I'm trying to remain optimistic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Flacco is an improvement in arm strength and a small one in accuracy from what we’ve had but he needed to throw the ball away instead of taking sacks and losing field position. He needs to drive the offense on the field and audible out of bad plays. Several times we ran right into the teeth of a run heavy defense or passed when it was an obvious blitz. I’m sure Scangs gives him audible ability. He needs to be that coach on the field. Outside of ES, everyone else is rookies or second year guys who need leadership out there. Still didn’t see any real screens other than that f’d up trick play attempt in the rz.

Yiadom was garbage and once they realized this, they gave him neither help nor did they replace him with one of the other CBs. Bausby and the new guy from NE never saw the field except for STs. Jackson was brought in, IMO, especially to help cover TEs but they waited until the 4th qtr to match him up with Waller and when they did, 2 straight incompletions.

Leary looks like he’s playing hurt. He had what, like 3 penalties last night? That’s poor technique due to either playing hurt or rust. I suspect both but the former is more a concern.

I know Fangio is a zone guy who relies on pass rush to get home, but when they opposing team is playing a dink and dunk offense it is essential to press receivers at the LOS to disrupt all these short, quick hitting routes and allow the pass rush at least a chance. Gruden did his thing, WCO, dink and dunk, run between the tackles and we just let them do it. Our inside LB position is a real problem. Jewel and Nelson/whoever were terrible last night. It’s our worst position on defense. Todd Davis returning won’t make it much better. Combine that with the fact that Harris is a natural 3 technique playing NT in a 3-4 (good for pass rush, bad for run stuffing) and you have an extremely soft defensive “triangle”. It wasn’t quite as bad as it looked as it looked because we held Jacobs to like 3 yds/carry but we couldn’t stop them on short yardage.

I have no opinion on STs other than the one return against us was shitty I don’t understand why they ever tell McManus to do that loft kickoff shit when he can easily kick it out of the end zone. The one non touchback was the big return.

There were a few positives, Sutton looked okay (I think he got banged up though), Freeman ran hard, Bolles, even though he held, wasn’t called for it, and ES looks like he’s back near 100%. It was Fant’s first game so I won’t be too hard on him. He caught the catchable balls that came his way and was used to block during passing downs too much. If your TEs are man to man with a DE blocking on a passing down while your OT just stands there (as happened on the holding call) then your scheme is kinda shitty.
    Don’t forget Hamilton’s drop in end zone. That would have changed the game, already had a momentum swing

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

The man to man screwed our young guys who could not get open either. Sutton was able to get some space in the middle when ball was thrown before his breaks. I was shocked at lack of ES involvement in 1st half and deep shots in 1st half. So many safeties and LB were on LOS or in box against the run.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

He had at least one to Sanders.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    They didnt lose and play that bad because of anything Flacco did or didnt do last night.
    They didn't play better because of Flacco's play either. He's a cog in the machine, he does not own the blame but he is also not blameless.

Would you agree?

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information