Thread: HDTV Antenna

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default HDTV Antenna

The kind that brings up local tv stations free in the area? Anyone use this?

I ordered a Moho (sp) leaf for local channels

They work? Real 1080p?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

They work? Real 1080p?

I used one several years ago when we moved into a new home, and the cable company was going to take days to install.

It worked great. As long as you're in range of the signal, it's great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

They work? Real 1080p?

I used one several years ago when we moved into a new home, and the cable company was going to take days to install.

It worked great. As long as you're in range of the signal, it's great.
    I have almost everything else except local channels

4. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

I canceled DTV 2 years ago because I wanted more flexibility with our TVs without paying for boxes for each one.

There was a YouTube vid that showed how to take the dish down and wire the HD antenna using the existing wires. It worked, every jack in the house worked and worked well.

To watch Broncos games I have made arrangements. If the NFL ever allows the Ticket to actually be bought separately, I’ll pay the $250-$300. But I tired of them quickly after the AT&T acquisition.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I canceled DTV 2 years ago because I wanted more flexibility with our TVs without paying for boxes for each one.

There was a YouTube vid that showed how to take the dish down and wire the HD antenna using the existing wires. It worked, every jack in the house worked and worked well.

To watch Broncos games I have made arrangements. If the NFL ever allows the Ticket to actually be bought separately, I’ll pay the $250-$300. But I tired of them quickly after the AT&T acquisition.
    Yeah i cut the cable months ago i shoulda didnit years ago.

That Receiver got great reviews.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I have a digital antenna that I've used for the last 5 years instead of cable. Sometimes it doesn't pick up CBS/Fox/NBC depending on where it's placed in the house, what interference there may be, and how windy it is. But if you find a good spot then it's a great alternative to spending too much money on cable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post

You can buy Sunday Ticket separately through Roku and other services, but you have to live somewhere that you cannot get DirecTV (like an apartment). It sucks.

My dad in AZ has DirecTV and yesterday I called them to haggle. Ended up getting Sunday Ticket for free on his account and I'll just stream it through Roku. It works.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    You can buy Sunday Ticket separately through Roku and other services, but you have to live somewhere that you cannot get DirecTV (like an apartment). It sucks.

My dad in AZ has DirecTV and yesterday I called them to haggle. Ended up getting Sunday Ticket for free on his account and I'll just stream it through Roku. It works.
    You can stream it through DirecTV.com as well I'd you're signed up

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post

I'd be very wary of doing that. I signed up for the separate Sunday ticket thing living in an apartment a few years ago, and I cancelled it after the season, and they charged me for it for the next two years before I finally cancelled the credit card I had given them. Whenever I called to ask for those charges to be refunded, they claimed they had no record of me being charged. Thankfully my bank reversed all the charges, but I'll never give DirecTV another dime. Such a scummy company. After that I have no issue illegally streaming games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The HD Antennae are great. The smaller in-home ones that are flat will get most of the local stations like FOX, NBC, CBS, etc. and if you get stronger ones that mount outside you can get close to a hundred channels in some areas with nice little niche programs. Check it out here to see what your local area can get by changing the address: https://nocable.org/tv-listings/zip/80205-denver-co.

Lots of good channels for classic movies or blocks of vintage sitcoms. The main reason I invested in a good HD antennae though is I am lucky enough to watch Denver Broncos games live. Those look great! Its funny because one of my friends has a delay with his cable and I will see a play a good 3-5 seconds before him and act like I predicted it when I text him before it happens on his end. He will find out someday, but not today!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'd be very wary of doing that. I signed up for the separate Sunday ticket thing living in an apartment a few years ago, and I cancelled it after the season, and they charged me for it for the next two years before I finally cancelled the credit card I had given them. Whenever I called to ask for those charges to be refunded, they claimed they had no record of me being charged. Thankfully my bank reversed all the charges, but I'll never give DirecTV another dime. Such a scummy company. After that I have no issue illegally streaming games.
    I rely heavily on the Yahoo sports app. Pretty incredible how many games they offer for free and in HD quality.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information