Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sportscasters Weigh In With Broncos Predictions!

Default Sportscasters Weigh In With Broncos Predictions!

Here are a bunch of sportscasters giving their predictions for the Broncos season record. I've already posted a thread for posters to make their own predictions. It's interesting to see the opinions of all these sports writers. Feel free to comment whether you agree with them or not. Balance of opinion on Broncos playoff chances seems to be "no."

SCHLERETH AND EVANS | M-F | 6A-9A

Mark Schlereth
    Broncos Record: 8-8
    The Broncos lack the requisite depth and playmakers on offense to truly take advantage of a really talented defense.

Mike Evans
    Broncos Record: 7-9
    The season proves once and for all that the problem in recent years has been John Elway’s draft failings and not just coaching.

ORLANDO AND SANDY | M-F | 9A-12P

Orlando Franklin
    Broncos Record: 9-7
    Joe Flacco provides better quarterback play than we’ve seen in the past few years. The offensive line should be better, as well. Vic Fangio provides an aggressive coaching style that drives the team.

Sandy Clough
    The Broncos offense isn’t good enough to consistently put points on the board. The defense is good, but they can only do so much.

STOKLEY AND ZACH | M-F | 12P-3P

Brandon Stokley
    Broncos Record: 6-10
    With so much change happening – head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator – it’s hard to win in the NFL. The bad drafts leading up to the last couple of years are still going to cost them. They’re heading in the right direction, especially with the last two drafts, but it’s not going to happen this year.

Zach Bye
    Not good enough to be good, but not bad enough to be really bad.

THE DRIVE | M-F | 3P-7P

DMac
    It’s a better team on offense and defense that will win some close games and likely lose a couple they shou’ve won. Most importantly, they will be in every game and keep things exciting to the end. They will build toward a better season next year.

Tom Nalen
    Broncos Record: 10-6
    Flacco is Flacco. He’s not a sexy fantasy player, but he wins with excellent defense and easy throws to Phillip Lindsay and Noah Fant.

THE CECIL LAMMEY SHOW | M-F | 7P-9P

Cecil Lammey
    This team is too average on offense to get more than eight wins. Their defense is elite and should be near the league leaders in turnovers and sacks, but they can’t do everything. The offensive line has to keep Joe Flacco from getting banged up like he has in each of the last two years. With the current state of the O-line, that might be difficult.

THE FAN LATE NIGHT | M-F | 9P-12A

Shawn Drotar
    A recharged defense under new head coach Vic Fangio will keep the Broncos in plenty of games. They will steal a couple of games that no one expects, but it won’t be enough to return them to the playoffs.

1043THEFAN.COM

Nick Ferguson
    Broncos Record: 12-4
    No matter how much we build up these so-called elite QBs, there’s only one card that trumps everything else – defensive edge pressure. That’s Cloak and Dagger (Von Miller and Bradley Chubb). Any questions?

Johnny Hart
    Vic Fangio and Ed Donatell will have Denver ranking among the top defenses in the NFL and Joe Flacco is certainly an upgrade over Case Keenum. But the Broncos need to prove they’re head and shoulders better than the 2018 and 2017 squads before I can feel comfortable putting them above .500.

James Merilatt
    Broncos Record: 10-6
    Vic Fangio is an upgrade over Vance Joseph and Joe Flacco is an improvement from Case Keenum. That alone turns four close losses in 2018 into wins this season. It won’t always be pretty, but the results will be better.

Kendall Valenzuela
    Broncos Record: 9-7
    A rejuvenated defense under Vic Fangio will propel the Broncos this season, even if the offense has some growing pains with a new veteran quarterback in Joe Flacco. The Broncos will win a few coin-flip games and finally give Broncos Country something to cheer for after a painful past couple seasons
    I more or less agree with Cecil Lammey, except that I have the record as 7-9 rather than 8-8, but it could easily go either way.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

8-8 is what i predicted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Heart says 9-7. Gun to my head 7-9.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Ten wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If this team goes 7-9 to 9-7 Fangio should be fired.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

At least 9 wins. This team showed last year that there is plenty of talent on the roster. If a team had Bradley Chubb as their top pass rusher, they would think they were doing well at the position. This team has Chubb AND Miller.

Before VJ, this franchise avoided back to back losing seasons and I don't see why this year would be any different.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

no

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    no
    I get his frustration. We wanna see an improvement from VJ's BS seasons fresh in our minds. 6x10 7x9 is just unacceptable with this talent level barring catastrophic injuries.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I get his frustration. We wanna see an improvement from VJ's BS seasons fresh in our minds. 6x10 7x9 is just unacceptable with this talent level barring catastrophic injuries.
    I agree, but if we go 7-9 you don't fire Fangio after one season. That's some ridiculous Browns/ Raiders bullshit.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

How many .500-ish seasons then? 7-9 to 9-7 is purgatory, the Broncos current regime would never escape it. They don’t draft well enough nor recruit well enough, they think like an ordinary, everyday Also-ran. If the coaching staff can’t win with the scrubs this organization prefers then they need to be replaced with coaches that can.

When did “almost” become good enough?
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 09-07-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

How many .500-ish seasons then? 7-9 to 9-7 is purgatory, the Broncos current regime would never escape it. They don’t draft well enough nor recruit well enough, they think like an ordinary, everyday Also-ran. If the coaching staff can’t win with the scrubs this organization prefers then they need to be replaced with coaches that can.

Lighten up Francis. You don't fire a coach after one year unless they show they're horrifically incompetent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

9x7 would show growth and improvement
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

19. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

I agree, but if we go 7-9 you don't fire Fangio after one season. That's some ridiculous Browns/ Raiders bullshit.
    Especially in a pretty brutal division. Coaches can improve, just like players. And, to be honest, it's nice to give a coach another offseason to find players to fit the schemes, as well as adjust the schemes around the players they do have.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    9x7 would show growth and improvement
    So ****** what?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Lighten up Francis. You don't fire a coach after one year unless they show they're horrifically incompetent.
    The talent level on this team isn’t getting significantly better than it is now, it’ll just get older and scouted better. They need a staff that can get 10+ wins out of average players.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information