Page 165 of 364 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 5448

Thread: 2019 Other Games Discussion

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I love DeShaun Watson. I'm so glad we passed up on him so we could develope Paxton Lynch.
    T4LL P1r4T3s 4 Lyf3!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I'll never truly fathom how we traded up to get a QB we believed to be lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I love DeShaun Watson. I'm so glad we passed up on him so we could develope Paxton Lynch.
    ???

We picked 20th that year and he went 12th.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    ???

We picked 20th that year and he went 12th.
    Chazoe is lamenting not trading up for him, when that spot was available.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Chazoe is lamenting not trading up for him, when that spot was available.
    That's fine, but we didn't "pass up on him". It's not always easy to just trade up. Gotta find a willing partner/fair deal. There was also no sure thing at the time Watson would be good or he wouldn't have fallen to 12. In fact, a lot of the commentary I saw was that he was a risky pick who did well on a loaded Clemson team.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

That's fine, but we didn't "pass up on him". It's not always easy to just trade up. Gotta find a willing partner/fair deal. There was also no sure thing at the time Watson would be good or he wouldn't have fallen to 12. In fact, a lot of the commentary I saw was that he was a risky pick who did well on a loaded Clemson team.
    Oh, I don't disagree that he wasn't a sure thing. But, in my mind if you have the capital to do something, and you do something else, you're passing on it. It's pretty broad, but in stills the massive accountability needed. And, the more we miss on QB's, the easier it is for a person to really knuckle down about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Oh, I don't disagree that he wasn't a sure thing. But, in my mind if you have the capital to do something, and you do something else, you're passing on it. It's pretty broad, but in stills the massive accountability needed. And, the more we miss on QB's, the easier it is for a person to really knuckle down about it.
    In that case, we've passed on every player not drafted by Denver. We have had enough capital to get the 1 pick every year. We could trade every pick and all our best players to jump up.

So... no. This is not an accurate statement. You can't fault a team for "passing someone up" when they weren't TRULY available. That's how overspending on a reach happens.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It was an off the cuff remark. All I know is I remember really wanting to draft him and in the end we drafted the worst LT in football. I'm certainly thankful for BW fact checking every little comment, no matter how inconsequential that comment may be, it makes him so likable.

15. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It was an off the cuff remark. All I know is I remember really wanting to draft him and in the end we drafted the worst LT in football. I'm certainly thankful for BW fact checking every little comment, no matter how inconsequential that comment may be, it makes him so likable.
    Sorry for contributing to a football discussion? Didn't realize that would get you so worked up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yes, I'm all twiterpated.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I got what Chazoe was saying with also understanding how the draft works. Not really trying to pile on Wave or anything but i dont think people need to fully dissect something somebody says. The general point Chaz was making is that we just arent very good at making selections in the draft especially on QB's. And lets face it, no matter how it was going to turn out for Watson he was always going to be a better prospect than Lynch, there just isnt any debate there honestly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I got what Chazoe was saying with also understanding how the draft works. Not really trying to pile on Wave or anything but i dont think people need to fully dissect something somebody says. The general point Chaz was making is that we just arent very good at making selections in the draft especially on QB's. And lets face it, no matter how it was going to turn out for Watson he was always going to be a better prospect than Lynch, there just isnt any debate there honestly.
    I dunno, I think it's a fair point to say he went before we picked? Wasn't trying to create a firestorm here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dunno, I think it's a fair point to say he went before we picked? Wasn't trying to create a firestorm here.
    I get that but im pretty sure that Chazoe knew that to. I think he is just frustrated watching other teams have more success in the QB dept than we are.

Other teams were in positions to draft their qbs. We werent.
    We missed on a late 1st rd qb.

The bears missed on trubisky who they traded a TON of picks for, top 2!
    How many have the browns and lions and Patriots, and packers, and titans and dolphins missed on? All equal or more than us! All with top 10 picks at qb.......we tried one in the latter part of the first.

We may not have our qb which sucks, but weve got to stop the notion we are worse than half the league at it, or were ever in position to obtain a solid prospect at it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I get that but im pretty sure that Chazoe knew that to. I think he is just frustrated watching other teams have more success in the QB dept than we are.
    Well in any case I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. I just have a different opinion on what passing on a player means I guess.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information