2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lmao, you are living in a pipe dream Jaded.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Jaded is awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lmao, you are living in a pipe dream Jaded.
    I live in a world where talent matters and teams are comprised of all types and backgrounds.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

So, Antonio Brown gets 100% exactly what he wants. Do none of you see what this means for the NFL? It's not good folks.

See Antonio Brown didn't want to play for the Steelers anymore. He'd grown tired of Ben Roethlisberger and he didn't see eye to eye with Mike Tomlin. Plus, he's a King Hell narcissist and he wasn't getting enough attention.

So, he forced his way out of Pittsburgh. Never mind that he had signed a four-year, $68 million in February 2017! Just tear it up! I want out!

"A heated dispute with a Roethlisberger during a Wednesday walkthrough escalated to the point where Brown threw a football at the QB, and the wideout opted to then skip the remaining practices leading up to the team's Week 17 battle with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Brown was benched for that game, and while the official team stance was injury-related, the reality could neither have been further from the truth nor hidden anymore from the public eye. The reign of Brown in Pittsburgh was at an end, and the final chapter with the organization was messy. The world would never see Brown in a Steelers' jersey again, and teammates would later reveal the end had been years in the making."
    March 2019 - Trader Joe

As bold and braggadocios as ever, Brown made it clear he was fine never suiting up again for the Steelers. It was essentially, as he went on to describe it, his way or the highway.

"I don't even have to play football if I don't want," he told Jeff Darlington of ESPN. "I don't even need the game. I don't need to prove nothing to anyone. If they wanna play, they going to play by my rules. If not, I don't need to play. Obviously, I want the game, but I don't need the game. It's a difference."

That's not exactly the level of commitment to the sport potential trade suitors want to hear, but the ability of Brown was just too good to ignore for some clubs. With the Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders all entertaining a possible trade for the mercurial wideout,
    He decided he didn't want to play for Pittsburgh because they fined him for misconduct, then proceeded to be a giant Dick-Head until they were forced to deal him to Oakland for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

Basically the Raiders were gambling that Jay Gruden could reach Brown and motivate him to play for the Raiders by showing him all the love. He continued to eat that turd sandwich even after Brown threatened to punch GM Mike Mayock in the face.

Now, I know what you are thinking! Punching Mike Mayock in the face isn't all bad! But, you don't work for the man and Brown does.

Now, Brown clearly didn't want to play for the lowly Raiders. They aren't going anywhere this year whether Brown plays for them or not. They are the Raiders after all.

He wants to play for a team that will automatically win a SB if they land him.

Like the New England Patriots. Possibly he might consider playing for the Eagles or perhaps the Rams.

But, you can bet he has already figured out where he wants to go. He'll probably get some ridiculous minimum offer from Bill Belichick, go to the Patriots and suddenly he's a model citizen. As long as he gets his way.

Remember Randy Moss? He'd worn out his welcome in the NFL, so he went to New England to win a Championship with Tom Brady (20-0 but lost the SB to the Giants). He was suddenly a model citizen and you didn't hear a peep out of him.

Antonio Brown is doing the same thing.

We should be familiar with this from the NBA. Players all want to play in LA or New York (Kyrie and Kevin Durant to the Nets, Kawhi Leonard and Paul George to the Clippers, notice a pattern?)

So, they can force teams to trade them -- but only to the team they want to play for.

The NBA is essentially becoming completely unrestricted FA for every star player in the League. If they decide they don't want to play for their team they just force a trade. Team has no choice but to get rid of them or they'll be totally disruptive. Fining them won't help, it will only escalate the distraction they can cause by media saturation.

Now Brown is pulling the same crap in the NFL and getting away with it? That's bad. That's real Bad!
    Last edited by Cugel; 09-07-2019 at 03:09 PM.

9. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thank god Cugel is here to explain everything.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 9 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I didn’t read all that but I assume it was poignant and thought provoking

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I didn’t read all that but I assume it was poignant and thought provoking
    tl;dr version:

Antonio brown is unstable, petulant, egotistical. Perfect for the Patriots.

Also, the NBA still apparently exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Gruden on AB's exit: We 'exhausted everything'

article and video - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ted-everything

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Jay Gruden was going to motivate him...???
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

18. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    So, Antonio Brown gets 100% exactly what he wants. Do none of you see what this means for the NFL? It's not good folks.
    Seriously though, you make that sound like some unprecedented novelty, but it's been that way longer than Brown's been ALIVE. Remember when Csonka left the NFL entirely because the short-lived WFL threw a truckload of money at him? Or when Steve Young blew off the NFL entirely because the equally brief USFL did the same thing? And all that was before the CBA that came out of the '87 strike, let alone the cap. One time some punk college phenom demanded a trade before he'd even played a pro DOWN, just because he knew he'd get his way solely because he was the #1 overall pick. And he was right.

That was spring of '83; Antonio Brown was born in the summer of '88.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Joel....I haven't seen you around for some time. How are the kids? You still in Norway?

He is a Patriot now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

And there it is

23. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information