Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Suspended for Week 1

Having just finished my keeper auction, I feel a little better at not taking an end of auction $1 flyer on Phillip Dorsett and also buying Brady (only 6 top half QBs were left that weren't keepers, and I bought Brissett and Brady to go with Lamar Jackson a low-priced keeper).

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Somehow Denver is a victim in this?
    Aside from the fact that the Patriots are now guaranteed to win the SB you mean? Did you not figure that out yet?

Why do the Nuggets not sign players like Paul George or Kawhi Leonard or Kevin Durant? Because those players have zero interest in coming here. They all want to live the big life in LA or New York. Denver is a small market fly-over town of no interest to them.

The NFL on the other hand doesn't let the players dictate where they want to play. You play where you're drafted or nowhere because they own your rights and that's the way it is.

Until Antonio Brown just forced two teams to trade or release him so that he can go to the Patriots and form a super-team.

You know how that works out. Kevin Durant goes to the Golden State Warriors, then to the Nets, while Kawhi Leonard gives the big middle finger to small market Toronto and flies off to play for the Clippers.

Notice that in all this Denver was never a consideration at all. I do NOT want that happening to the NFL or else a bunch of top players will all decide they want to play together to form a super-team in New York or LA or Boston, or Miami, and Denver will never win another championship.

It would destroy the competitive balance of the NFL which is the biggest reason why it is so much better than baseball or basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Aside from the fact that the Patriots are now guaranteed to win the SB you mean? Did you not figure that out yet?

Why do the Nuggets not sign players like Paul George or Kawhi Leonard or Kevin Durant? Because those players have zero interest in coming here. They all want to live the big life in LA or New York. Denver is a small market fly-over town of no interest to them.

The NFL on the other hand doesn't let the players dictate where they want to play. You play where you're drafted or nowhere because they own your rights and that's the way it is.

Until Antonio Brown just forced two teams to trade or release him so that he can go to the Patriots and form a super-team.

You know how that works out. Kevin Durant goes to the Golden State Warriors, then to the Nets, while Kawhi Leonard gives the big middle finger to small market Toronto and flies off to play for the Clippers.

Notice that in all this Denver was never a consideration at all. I do NOT want that happening to the NFL or else a bunch of top players will all decide they want to play together to form a super-team in New York or LA or Boston, or Miami, and Denver will never win another championship.

It would destroy the competitive balance of the NFL which is the biggest reason why it is so much better than baseball or basketball.
    Baseball has more parity than the NFL. Also, please check your condescending tone. It's hard to take it seriously from a guy who will support moves and then bash them and the guy who made them a season or two later.

The NFL is not going the way of the NBA. One, there are far more star players in the NFL than the NBA, and far more positions. Two, it's much harder to force your way out in the NFL than the NBA. Why? Because guaranteed dollars is what counts -this is an outlier- in a sports with far more injuries. NFL players take the money as soon as they can - you almost never see a NFL player leave upwards of 50-60 million dollars on the table like Anthony Davis just did.

Moreover, the Knicks can't sign anyone. GS is a decent sized city/area and only recently have they been any good and able to sign anyone. How many huge top dollar free agents have the Mavs signed recently? The Bulls did they get someone recently? Even in the NBA it's not just about the big city unless we ignore that some big city teams are more than just a large market and are well ran - The Clippers for instance- so I'm not convinced, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    It’s almost too easy.
    Since Wednesday, how hard would it have been for the Patriots to send the word out to Rosenmouth "if AB's unhappy in Oakland, just get him out of his contract and we'll agree to sign him to a one-year deal."

Easy peazy. Like taking a baby from candy.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Somebody merge the two Antonio Brown threads JFC.

Him going to the Patriots was a foregone conclusion.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What are the odds that the pats tampered like shit with AB? 100%? NFL needs to investigate and drop the hammer on them.

8. The Following 9 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Like, the 15 million dollar deal that he signed immediately just makes it too obvious. If it were a small deal you could argue they were just taking a flyer but not expecting much. They knew this was coming.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

In retrospect, the Raiders should have suspended him for conduct detrimental rather than release him. They could have put him on the commisioner’s exempt list, I believe. Brown making no money and having to fight a legal battle just to get his release would have been the real punishment, not going to the team that wins every Super Bowl

12. The Following 8 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

This is just too obvious in regards to hoodie's role in this. Also, can't understand why NE did not wait a day or two, rather than 3 seconds after it was legal to do so. It would not have looked quite so obvious.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

14. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Last edited by wayninja; 09-07-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Well this is going to be a sucky season. I can't handle another pats title living here.
    I'm getting pretty good at not watching Super Bowls.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I have to admit that the patriots signing is taking a lot of the fun out of this for me. Like, a lot.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

22. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Nah, the best revenge is living well. And Tom Brady having a historically terrible year. I wanna see 20+ ints.

25. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information