Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Suspended for Week 1

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It's time to win some games.
    AB would be as helpful towards that goal as you would be. Actually, less.

2. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

King, talk to me. Is everything okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    So, those of you who don't want the Broncos to sign him, don't worry. They have zero intention of doing so. If some team signed him this season he would only take that as total exoneration for every move he's made and it would make him more arrogant and out of control than ever.

He needs serious therapy because he's mentally unbalanced, not to play in the NFL.
    Thanks for putting our minds at ease!

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He's angry because of how poorly the team is doing. Winning will start the healing.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Thanks for putting our minds at ease!
    You have a mind?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-memes-com-16169791.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	15042

10. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Nah man. Real life struggles. I think you'd be ashamed of me, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

No, he wouldn't. Unless you're wearing pants.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No, he wouldn't. Unless you're wearing pants.
    I can't even face the man. And once I'm home I'm devoid of pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I'm usually only ashamed of myself, so this would be a welcome reprieve

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You have a mind?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-memes-com-16169791.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	15042
    No. I am an amoeba...like your posts.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Ah, Today is a good day to laugh at the Raiders and Patriots.

Patriots almost sure to end up having to pay Antonio Brown $9M, report says

Patriots owner Robert Kraft may not want to pay Antonio Brown any of his $9 million signing bonus, but he may have to grit his teeth and sign a check before too long.

In a piece from Yahoo, five unidentified league sources agreed that the Patriots will have to fork over some cash to Brown when he eventually files a grievance with the league.

“[New England] fighting to keep that signing bonus now is either a gross misunderstanding of [the Collective Bargaining Agreement’s] rules on voiding signing bonuses or it’s just out of spite,” one source told Yahoo. “I can’t believe they don’t understand the signing bonus voids in the CBA [i.e. what things the CBA allows them to void guarantees for and what conduct it will NOT allow them to void guarantees for].

"There’s just no way. This is just spitefulness. They’re fighting [Brown] completely out of the anger and embarrassment in ownership.”

Brown’s signing bonus was set to be paid in two installments, the first of which ($5 million) was due the Monday after his release from the Patriots last Friday.
    See, he actually played in a game for them AFTER they learned of the lawsuit. If they were going to void the guarantees, they would have had to have taken action at THAT POINT.

They are not going to be able to get away from paying him because they released him without the NFL taking any action against him (the NFL may NEVER take any punitive action against AB if he settles the lawsuit or wins) and after they learned of the supposed "conduct detrimental" they let him play in a game! They took advantage of his services knowing about everything.

Under the CBA they can't get away with that. When AB litigates this issue and the Players' Association files a protest under the CBA, the Pats will lose.

So sorry Raiders and Pats! You greedy ******** thought you could play with fire and not get burned! Well, really Sucks to see you wearing all those bandages dudes!

Antonio Brown may try to get his Raiders money back

By Field Level Media

September 27, 2019 | 11:39pm

The Raiders may be done with Antonio Brown, but it appears he is not yet done with them.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported Friday that Brown is working on a “potential grievance” against the Raiders, attempting to recoup some of the $30 million in guaranteed money that was voided when the team released him earlier this month.

According to the report, the NFL Players Association is also looking at ways Brown can get money back.

Citing a source, Fowler said among the money Brown wants back are three fines handed down by the Raiders, his Week 1 salary, his base salaries for this and next season totaling north of $29 million and a $1 million signing bonus.

Multiple reports in recent days also said Brown would file a grievance against the New England Patriots, who signed Brown after he was let go by the Raiders, then cut him after only one game.

Yahoo Sports reported Friday that five league sources agreed that Brown is likely to win a grievance over the $9 million signing bonus the Patriots are refusing to pay him. According to those sources, Brown was not released for any conduct outlined in the collective bargaining agreement that would allow a team to void bonuses.
    see also
    Bill Belichick's self-entitlement all over Antonio Brown mess

A week before Brown was cut by New England, his former trainer filed a civil suit accusing him of three incidents of sexual assault or rape over a two-year period from 2017-18. Then the day before Brown was cut, Sports Illustrated reported that a second woman who claimed Brown made unwanted sexual advances toward her told the NFL Brown had sent her “intimidating and threatening” texts.

According to the Yahoo report Friday, by playing Brown in a game after learning of the civil suit, the Patriots will have a difficult time claiming the suit as a reason to void his bonuses.

The Patriots signed Brown earlier this month just hours after the Raiders released him. Brown spent training camp in and out of team facilities, rehabbing a frostbite-like condition on his feet after a cryotherapy mishap, filing grievances with the NFL over his helmet, arguing with team management (reportedly calling general manager Mike Mayock a racial epithet), and posting a recorded conversation with Raiders coach Jon Gruden to YouTube.

The Raiders may be done with Antonio Brown, but it appears he is not yet done with them.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported Friday that Brown is working on a “potential grievance” against the Raiders, attempting to recoup some of the $30 million in guaranteed money that was voided when the team released him earlier this month.

According to the report, the NFL Players Association is also looking at ways Brown can get money back.

Citing a source, Fowler said among the money Brown wants back are three fines handed down by the Raiders, his Week 1 salary, his base salaries for this and next season totaling north of $29 million and a $1 million signing bonus.

Multiple reports in recent days also said Brown would file a grievance against the New England Patriots, who signed Brown after he was let go by the Raiders, then cut him after only one game.

Yahoo Sports reported Friday that five league sources agreed that Brown is likely to win a grievance over the $9 million signing bonus the Patriots are refusing to pay him. According to those sources, Brown was not released for any conduct outlined in the collective bargaining agreement that would allow a team to void bonuses.
    I am just laughing my ass off! I hope AB gets every penny of it! Serve the Raiders and Patriots right!

Technically, the law is totally on AB's side. The Patriots took their chances and now they may have to eat it. Maybe the Raiders will too!
    Last edited by Cugel; 09-28-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I'm no raiders or pats lover........ But I am not rejoicing that such a scumbag got such a payday

23. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

See guys? If his conduct is "detrimental" to the team, they can cut him and void his guarantees. What they cannot do is play him in a game. Take the TD he scored, the catches he made, and all the yards he got, and then say "we're cutting you after the game because your conduct prior to signing with us was detrimental.

"Well, ya'all didn't cut me when you learned about my alleged conduct, did ya? Y'all let me play, didn't ya? Then you gotta pay me my money!" AB has a point!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I'm no raiders or pats lover........ But I am not rejoicing that such a scumbag got such a payday
    Oh, I'm not rejoicing because AB is a model human being. Scumbag doesn't even begin to cover it.

But, maybe teams will think twice about signing scummy players just because they might have skills and their team might win a couple games if both the Raiders and Pats get torched and have to pay AB over $30m.

Yes, I am laughing at that. Powerful, scumbag, criminal owner who cynically signs AB only months after his shamelessness over the Orchids of Asia arrest getting his comeuppance. Absolutely.

And as for the Raiders, the sickening way Gruden was fawning all over AB. "You're so great AB! We love you AB! We can't wait for you to become a Raider! You're totally misunderstood by the media! Blah, blah, blah!

Maybe next time you ******** won't fawn all over some criminal scum? Serves them totally right!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Oh, I'm not rejoicing because AB is a model human being. Scumbag doesn't even begin to cover it.

But, maybe teams will think twice about signing scummy players just because they might have skills and their team might win a couple games if both the Raiders and Pats get torched and have to pay AB over $30m.

Yes, I am laughing at that. Powerful, scumbag, criminal owner who cynically signs AB only months after his shamelessness over the Orchids of Asia arrest getting his comeuppance. Absolutely.

And as for the Raiders, the sickening way Gruden was fawning all over AB. "You're so great AB! We love you AB! We can't wait for you to become a Raider! You're totally misunderstood by the media! Blah, blah, blah!

Maybe next time you ******** won't fawn all over some criminal scum? Serves them totally right!
    In that case, I'm with you!!

27. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information