Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Suspended for Week 1

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    If anyone needed this email/texts whatever to know that he isn't a great dude... And just for the record, I don't think these have been confirmed as genuine. Since he's now on team Brady, I'm sure his phone is in 3.4 million pieces and somewhere on the bottom of Boston Harbor.

But it's the pats... hiring "not great dudes" is sorta their thing.
    Just doesn't even seem worth it for them. Brady and Belichick both already seem annoyed by all this at their media availability today. Why even let this distraction linger?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Just doesn't even seem worth it for them. Brady and Belichick both already seem annoyed by all this at their media availability today. Why even let this distraction linger?
    I wouldn't want any part of the dude either, but like I said, doing this shit is their jam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

3. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Why would you even want the Pats to keep this guy at this point?
    Why?

Because I would rather NE beat the Chiefs in the AFCCG 45-40 than lose to them 40-36.

So, just so I'm clear, the logic is that you should never hire a guy that could potentially be suspended in the future.

Weird how anyone is playing.
    Way to leap to ridiculous conclusions!

No, this is no remote contingency.

This is the league potentially suspending a player who has been accused of rape. There's an existing lawsuit about a very serious allegation. I have no more real idea than you whether the allegations are true, but the league is potentially going to investigate, and the commissioner has the power to put Brown on the exempt list while they do that, which would mean he sits.

And from Belichick's presser this AM he doesn't sound happy about the distraction. Since the Patriots just crushed the Steelers without Brown, how much does Belichick think he even needs AB?

He probably wishes AB were in Jericho at this point. The media firestorm threatens to consume the singular focus the Patriots always maintain about preparing for games. The press was intent on asking the same questions about AB over and over, and he kept trying to ignore them but they kept asking.

This is not going to go away soon, and the Pats are going to have to address it one way or another. They are either going to have to get rid of AB or else come out and say "we believe him" or take some kind of position, which will then be subjected to intense media scrutiny and criticism.

Right in the middle of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Why?

Because I would rather NE beat the Chiefs in the AFCCG 45-40 than lose to them 40-36.
    Way to sell your soul to Satan dude!

Actually, while Brown might help them, they will probably have home field advantage over the Chefs anyway now that Tyrek Hill will probably be out for a month. How many teams have beaten the Patriots at Gillette Stadium in January?
    Last edited by Cugel; 09-11-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Way to leap to ridiculous conclusions!

No, this is no remote contingency.

This is the league potentially suspending a player who has been accused of rape. There's an existing lawsuit about a very serious allegation. I have no more real idea than you whether the allegations are true, but the league is potentially going to investigate, and the commissioner has the power to put Brown on the exempt list while they do that, which would mean he sits.

And from Belichick's presser this AM he doesn't sound happy about the distraction. Since the Patriots just crushed the Steelers without Brown, how much does Belichick think he even needs AB?

He probably wishes AB were in Jericho at this point. The media firestorm threatens to consume the singular focus the Patriots always maintain about preparing for games. The press was intent on asking the same questions about AB over and over, and he kept trying to ignore them but they kept asking.

This is not going to go away soon, and the Pats are going to have to address it one way or another. They are either going to have to get rid of AB or else come out and say "we believe him" or take some kind of position, which will then be subjected to intense media scrutiny and criticism.

Right in the middle of the season!
    Again, to be clear, the league can potentially suspend any player. You keep dancing around this. Accusations aren't grounds for suspension. The lawsuit is civil. There was no police report filed.

I'm not saying this isn't potentially serious, just that at the present time, it's not, for all practical purposes, actually serious. It's an allegation and a civil lawsuit. That may warrant an investigation, but if the pats are convinced that AB is innocent, or more practically for their purposes, there is no evidence, then I don't see how this is more than a small speedbump, and maybe not even that.

You seem to be making lots of leaps as to what you think will happen while throwing out the word potentially. It makes me think that you don't know what that word means.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

8. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

As much as I dislike the guy, if you dig into the public details of the accusations and suit, it doesn’t pass the smell test. False rape accusations of the rich and/or famous are so hot right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Former NFL Agent Expects Antonio Brown To Be Placed On NFL Commissioner’s Exempt List

video and article - https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...antonio-brown/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I think the Pat's could void all guarantees, recoup the signing bonus, and cut him right now based on this language in his contract:

“[If Brown] takes any action that materially undermines the public’s respect for, or is materially critical of, the club, the player’s teammates or the club’s ownership, coaches, etc..guarantees will be ‘null and void.'”

12. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Former NFL Agent Expects Antonio Brown To Be Placed On NFL Commissioner’s Exempt List

video and article - https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...antonio-brown/
    We'll see. I think it's unprecedented for the league to put a player on that list for a civil lawsuit.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

We'll see. I think it's unprecedented for the league to put a player on that list for a civil lawsuit.
    I think so too. I don't think it's unprecedented ahead of formal charges though, I believe there have been players placed on it when the league expects charges to be filed.

Important to note: if on the exempt list the Pat's have to pay him. He can't play and they can't cut him.

15. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think so too. I don't think it's unprecedented ahead of formal charges though, I believe there have been players placed on it when the league expects charges to be filed.

Important to note: if on the exempt list the Pat's have to pay him. He can't play and they can't cut him.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I'm not sure that's really likely in this case though (or even possible?). Why would you LEAD with a civil lawsuit if you could bring criminal charges?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm not sure that's really likely in this case though (or even possible?). Why would you LEAD with a civil lawsuit if you could bring criminal charges?
    No idea. I don't want to get into debating the merits of her case, not the place. Only thought I have is to force action by authorities. Bill Cosby started out as a civil case as well.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No idea. I don't want to get into debating the merits of her case, not the place. Only thought I have is to force action by authorities. Bill Cosby started out as a civil case as well.
    Yeah, sorry, not trying to debate the merits, as I have no idea what the merits are at all. I think the Cosby case may have been a bit different though, as there were like, 50 accusers.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Yeah, sorry, not trying to debate the merits, as I have no idea what the merits are at all. I think the Cosby case may have been a bit different though, as there were like, 50 accusers.
    Eventually. At first there was one.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information