View Poll Results: What Will Be the Broncos Regular Season Record in 2019?

Voters
40. This poll is closed
  • 12-4 or Better! Broncos are serious SB contenders!

0 0%
  • 11-5 Probable playoff berth. Might make some noise in playoffs

2 5.00%
  • 10-6 Possible wild-card playoff berth

10 25.00%
  • 9-7 Winning record, but probably no playoffs.

9 22.50%
  • 8-8 Stuck in mediocrity. Some improvement over last year.

6 15.00%
  • 7-9 Losing three seasons in a row for the first time since the 1970s, but slight improvement.

6 15.00%
  • 6-10 New Year, same old lousy Broncos!

2 5.00%
  • 5-11 or worse. Wheels fall off bus and it crashes setting John Elway on fire.

5 12.50%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Broncos Season Predictions!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    MO, which part of the body the ball hit him?
    Pass was behind him. Had to alter his running stride and turn his body. Still have to catch that and he knows that. I saw him answering questions last night. UR says it was a perfect pass.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Pass was behind him. Had to alter his running stride and turn his body. Still have to catch that and he knows that. I saw him answering questions last night. UR says it was a perfect pass.
    I can't find a video of it, but that ball went right through his hands and hit him in the chest.

It wasn't a badly thrown ball. At all.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Looking at our schedule and how those teams looked in week 1, I'm just not seeing that many wins. Our next 8 games are brutal. Week 2 is massive for us. This is probably one of our more winnable early season games. If we lose this one, we're in a ton of trouble.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Eh. It was one game. The past two seasons, we started out 2-0. Only to lose a shit-ton of games following that terrific start.

I'll wait and see a few more games before throwing in the towel. There were some good things, considering the 1st team offense hardly played in preseason, which I thought was a huge mistake with all the new players and coaches. Dumb move, IMO.
    Next week is a good reset. Completely different offense and quarterback style. I hope to see some adjustments defensively. Bears defense is better on paper than Oakland’s though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I can't find a video of it, but that ball went right through his hands and hit him in the chest.

It wasn't a badly thrown ball. At all.
    I didn’t say it was badly thrown. It was behind him. That’s it. It’s not the quarterback’s fault he dropped it. It also wasn’t the perfect pass UR is claiming it to be.

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

So which part of the body is that in your post?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    So which part of the body is that in your post?
    It hit him in the chest. He should have caught it. But let’s do this again, the ball was not thrown where it should be on a slant. If the ball hits the backside of the receiver’s body on a slant, it’s not where it should be. That doesn’t absolve Hamilton from not catching it, it just wasn’t a perfect pass as you asserted.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I didn’t say it was badly thrown. It was behind him. That’s it. It’s not the quarterback’s fault he dropped it. It also wasn’t the perfect pass UR is claiming it to be.

The ball hit the WR in the chest. IN THE CHEST. How can it not be a perfectly thrown pass if it hit the guy off the center mass?!?!?!

It was a 15 yard laser that 100% UNEQUIVOCALLY UNDENIABLY CLEAR AS DAY BOUNCED OFF OF NOTHING OTHER THAN THE PLAYERS RIGHT PECTORAL. Nothing else.

You could say the pass that Sutton dropped and Hamilton caught for a first down was not a perfect pass. It still ended up being a completion for a first but was not perfect. The pass Hamilton dropped hit him in the chest. The motherfreaking chest! And ONLY the chest. Desean is not a huge guy. His chest is not that big. For him to turn in any direction only makes his chest smaller.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1201A7AC-2EE7-49EC-BB4E-CAC02ADB506A.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	14903

Where it should be thrown in green. Where it was thrown in red. You can see Hamilton having to slow down to catch it. Not a perfect pass. Still should have been caught.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Jaded is just a little raw and.......jaded.....from last season. lol

I can understand the pundits lack of enthusiasm. Ever the optimist, I can definitely see why we could do well.

Notes:

1. Was it just me, or from day 1 did anyone else get the feeling (that never left) that Vance Joseph was in way over his head? I mean he's a great coach and a very nice man, and could be a head coach in the future perhaps but I just think it was too much for him. He often looked lost and overwhelmed on the sidelines....and if I see it.....the players see it. He's gone. Nothing against him....but thats a positive. Head coach sets the tone.
    2. Look at the teams we lost to last year. We had an inept offense and yet we lost most games by small margins against good teams.
    3. Would 21 pts per game be enough to win with this defense? Thats what we had last year.
    4. If health stays on our side, this defense will be better than last years. Chubb btw is going to go beast mode....sorry Marshawn.
    5. Is this offense better than last years? I think so. If so.....how many points will we average? 24? 27? I think that wins a ton of games with this d.
    6. I actually think our TEs are . going to be a factor this year. Its about time. It think that helps our offense a ton. Especially in redzone.
    7. Will Munchak make a difference with our Oline? I would hope so. Another positive.
    8. Vic Fangio is a first year head coach that sure looks like a veteran. From what we are hearing....the players have bought in. I like what I see but more than that I like what I feel: Confident that wont be the issue.
    9. This defense is going to be better than last years. Did I say that yet?
    10. Offense and defense play off one another. Lets hope Flacco can help us have some long drives.
    11. I believe Sutton and Hamilton will produce more this year. Not sure how much with Sutton but I think with Hamilton there will be a jump.
    12. One key area of improvement I think will be turnovers. I believe Fangios defense gets more.
    13. This team will be a mudder. We will have to win the endurance game. Ball control. Win the turnover margin. No penalties.

If Boles doesnt stop holding......

Anyway, Im thinking 19 wins. Wouldnt be surprised if we got more.

Errr...........never mind. -_-
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1201A7AC-2EE7-49EC-BB4E-CAC02ADB506A.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	14903

Where it should be thrown in green. Where it was thrown in red. You can see Hamilton having to slow down to catch it. Not a perfect pass. Still should have been caught.
    I have no issue with the pass placement. Burfict was in the middle of the field and the safety was moving toward Hamilton. Flacco did a good job of slowing Hamilton down and using his pass to put Hamilton in the best position to make the catch.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

It was a fine throw. Should have been caught.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It hit him in the chest. He should have caught it. But let’s do this again, the ball was not thrown where it should be on a slant. If the ball hits the backside of the receiver’s body on a slant, it’s not where it should be. That doesn’t absolve Hamilton from not catching it, it just wasn’t a perfect pass as you asserted.
    I cant really remember the route leading up to it. Was it actually supposed to be a slant or a button hook?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I cant really remember the route leading up to it. Was it actually supposed to be a slant or a button hook?
    It probably is called a post. Post, slant, cutting upfield after 5, 10, 15 whatever. It’s a crossing route.

23. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Man I'm worried about my prediction now. 7 wins is feeling generous.
    I'm thinking the same. Honestly, 6 wins might be generous. The Bears have a much better defense than the Raiders.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information