Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ezekiel Elliott just signed a massive contract

Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That's an awful lot of money though...

Guess Jerry blinked first.
    For sure, but they have a really good young nucleus right now, and it's hard to keep teams like that around for a long time. If I have a team that I think can win a title in the next couple of years, I pay what it takes to keep them together and I'll worry about the fallout cap-wise down the road. Zeke isn't just any average RB. He's one of the best if not the best in the league. If they are going to win a title in the next couple of years, they need him to do it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Is an RB in the NFL really worth that much?
    You bet - just ask him

Zeke on $90M extension: 'I believe I'm the best'

FRISCO, Texas -- Ezekiel Elliott admits it was important to him to be the highest-paid running back in the NFL.

"Because I believe I'm the best," the Dallas Cowboys star said Wednesday, not long after his first practice since signing a six-year, $90 million extension that includes $50 million guaranteed, according to sources.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...n-believe-best

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm all about athletes getting all the money they can, but yeah, comments like that are just so cringeworthy and out of touch. Like dude, be happy you're set for life now and shut the hell up.
    I remember the last time there was a lock out, Denver’s punter at the time (whose bother was the punter for KC)was being interview about the hardship that he & his fiancé was dealing with because they were only able to afford to invite 200 people to their wedding. This interview took place their home that had a kitchen that was literally almost as big as my apartment, and sat on a plot of land that was probably larger then that of my apartment complex. That property had to be valued at several million dollars.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

For sure, but they have a really good young nucleus right now, and it's hard to keep teams like that around for a long time. If I have a team that I think can win a title in the next couple of years, I pay what it takes to keep them together and I'll worry about the fallout cap-wise down the road. Zeke isn't just any average RB. He's one of the best if not the best in the league. If they are going to win a title in the next couple of years, they need him to do it.
    I'd also worry about the precedent set by renegotiating the contract of a player holding out with a contract with multiple years still left on it and all the associated future complications due to the precedent created. Luckily its Jerry and the Cowboys who set that precedent and have to deal with it moving forward!!
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    I'd also worry about the precedent set by renegotiating the contract of a player holding out with a contract with multiple years still left on it and all the associated future complications due to the precedent created. Luckily its Jerry and the Cowboys who set that precedent and have to deal with it moving forward!!
    I think it's a bit naive to think that only the cowboys will have to deal with that precedent. This is already becoming pretty prevalent in the NBA, and I think it will start happening more and more in the NFL. Especially at the RB position where their careers are so short and they want to get paid as soon as possible. We're entering a new age in sports where players are beginning to realize the leverage they have and they are using it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Heard on the radio this morning the deal isn't quite as lucrative as originally thought. Only the first two years are "guaranteed", with the balance coming in the form of guarantees, if he's still on the team.

I don't remember the exact breakdown, but it is favorable to the Cowboys.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Heard on the radio this morning the deal isn't quite as lucrative as originally thought. Only the first two years are "guaranteed", with the balance coming in the form of guarantees, if he's still on the team.

I don't remember the exact breakdown, but it is favorable to the Cowboys.
    Stephen Jones, the guy who actually runs the cowboys now, isn't a dummy. I know everyone acts like the running back position is meaningless and you shouldn't pay them anymore, but if you have an elite one it's still worth it. And like you said, they should be able to get out of the deal pretty easily once he starts to decline.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I thought the OL was all that mattered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I thought the OL was all that mattered?
    Whether or not that’s true, they won’t be able to afford to keep that Oline together after this and Cooper and Dak all get theirs. The sad part is, Zeke is a top 5 RB, Cooper and Dak? No f’n way they’re top of anything but they’re gonna get paid like they are...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

I think it's a bit naive to think that only the cowboys will have to deal with that precedent. This is already becoming pretty prevalent in the NBA, and I think it will start happening more and more in the NFL. Especially at the RB position where their careers are so short and they want to get paid as soon as possible. We're entering a new age in sports where players are beginning to realize the leverage they have and they are using it.
    Not naive at all. ONLY the teams like the Cowboys that renegotiate the contracts of holdout players with multiple years left on their contracts will have to deal with that precedent. A number of teams refuse to renegotiate the contracts of holdout players with multiple years left on their contract (e.g. Steelers, Patriots, etc.). I'm not talking about renegotiating contracts of players with multiple years left on their contracts who aren't holding out, only the ones who holdout trying to force the team to renegotiate their contracts.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information