Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bill Bowlen Lawsuit Dismissed

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I've never gotten the general ill will towards Ellis, other than we all need someone to blame when things go wrong. It seems to me to be pretty clear that Ellis and the other trustees are carrying out Pat's wishes, which seem to pretty clearly be getting Brittany ready to be the controlling owner, and only if that failed, move on to plan B.

Also, I think people should step back and look at Ellis a little more objectively. For instance, look at the pretty much total autonomy Ellis has given Elway on football operations. You don't see Ellis interjecting himself left and right, but instead, he's giving the GM and head of football operations control to run the football side of things, while Ellis focuses on the business side and works with the other trustees on fulfilling Pat's wishes.

If this was all power and ego for Ellis, we would be seeing his face and comments as much or more than Elway's.

Also, for those fans that had respect for Pat, you should think about the fact that Ellis was both a good friend and his right hand man for many years. After he started with the Broncos, Pat got him setup in the NFL league office to get experience, and then brought him back to the broncos to be his right hand man, and then entrusted the future of his club and his children's financial security, with Ellis and two other trustees.

The Broncos went to two SBs and won one under Joe Ellis.

I appreciate what Ellis has done for the Broncos and how he's working to fulfill Pat's hope of having Brittany take over the club.

Yeah i don think he is the evil guy I originally thought lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

The Trustees decided that Brittany rather than Beth Bowlen should be the owner, but that is really about the power and glory of being the owner and calling the shots. They all share ownership which means they each own a big share of a $3 billion company. None of them will ever have to work for a living. So, unless Brittany starts saying insane things like Marge Schott ("Hitler was good in the beginning, but he went too far"), or wants to move the team to Europe or something, then it should be OK.

All she has to do is pick the best available GM and let that person run the team. Then hold that GM accountable for failure and replace them periodically with someone newer and better - and sign the checks. That and stay out of the way and let professionals run the team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The Trustees decided that Brittany rather than Beth Bowlen should be the owner, but that is really about the power and glory of being the owner and calling the shots. They all share ownership which means they each own a big share of a $3 billion company. None of them will ever have to work for a living. So, unless Brittany starts saying insane things like Marge Schott ("Hitler was good in the beginning, but he went too far"), or wants to move the team to Europe or something, then it should be OK.

All she has to do is pick the best available GM and let that person run the team. Then hold that GM accountable for failure and replace them periodically with someone newer and better - and sign the checks. That and stay out of the way and let professionals run the team.
    How the F do you know this?

Just stupid speculation. It's clear to me that Brittany is the one Pat wanted, and the trust is following his wishes. They have nothing to gain otherwise.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

When did you become good friends with Bowlen family?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    How the F do you know this?

Just stupid speculation. It's clear to me that Brittany is the one Pat wanted, and the trust is following his wishes. They have nothing to gain otherwise.
    It’s clear to me that Beth is being blackballed, and that the trust is incompetent and/or biased. It’s speculation that Mr B preferred any of them
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It’s clear to me that Beth is being blackballed, and that the trust is incompetent and/or biased. It’s speculation that Mr B preferred any of them
    Can you elaborate on that clarity?

Can you layout why you think Beth is more qualified than Brittany?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It’s speculation for you to assume any motivation on the part of the trust. It’s not like Bowlen dropped off a memo creating the trust and then dipped out. I’m quite sure that he discussed, at length, his priorities and plans for how the trust was to handle succession, and it is quite reasonable to assume that their actions are fully in line with both those conversations and the plain language of the trust documents that were approved by the league. Furthermore, the actions of the trust have been repeatedly reviewed by the league and found to be in compliance with the trust documents.

To state, with faux certainty, that Beth is being blackballed or that Brittany is the preordained choice is folly. Let the thing play out. Unless and until a decision is made or the trust determined to have violated its mandate it is a waste of time to comment on motive or outcome or anything else, really.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    It’s speculation for you to assume any motivation on the part of the trust. It’s not like Bowlen dropped off a memo creating the trust and then dipped out. I’m quite sure that he discussed, at length, his priorities and plans for how the trust was to handle succession, and it is quite reasonable to assume that their actions are fully in line with both those conversations and the plain language of the trust documents that were approved by the league. Furthermore, the actions of the trust have been repeatedly reviewed by the league and found to be in compliance with the trust documents.

To state, with faux certainty, that Beth is being blackballed or that Brittany is the preordained choice is folly. Let the thing play out. Unless and until a decision is made or the trust determined to have violated its mandate it is a waste of time to comment on motive or outcome or anything else, really.
    Ok

So who isn’t speculating?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Can you elaborate on that clarity?

Can you layout why you think Beth is more qualified than Brittany?

I didn’t say anything about being more qualified, I said Beth is being blackballed ... on the count of her being qualified.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information