Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Cardinals 08/29/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    2. There are no "franchise" players. They go through the team in a few years and they are either gone, or in the big show. Hard to get vested.
    But let's be sure to watch the 5th preseason game full of guys who won't be on the team tomorrow!

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    But let's be sure to watch the 5th preseason game full of guys who won't be on the team tomorrow!
    Hell yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I will never understand how a pro football fan actively dislikes college football.
    1. No allegiance to any big college, so no fandom other than geography. Which I guess is sorta true of the Broncos too, but that but that brings me to
    2. There are no "franchise" players. They go through the team in a few years and they are either gone, or in the big show. Hard to get vested.
    3. The games are just different. Tebow would be a great example here that I think you'd find relatable. I never watched him in college, but I heard he did well.
    I don't 'actively dislike' NCAA, but I totally agree with this.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If CU is playing on TV, I'll watch. But the only allegiance to them is the fact I went there along with two of my daughters.

That said, I will watch the Broncos tonight. I am probably in the minority that I don't mind preseason. You never know when a star is born.

Terrell Davis says hello...

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    If CU is playing on TV, I'll watch. But the only allegiance to them is the fact I went there along with two of my daughters.

That said, I will watch the Broncos tonight. I am probably in the minority that I don't mind preseason. You never know when a star is born.

If a star is born I'll watch him in the games that count!

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

This game counts for them.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I'll watch it until I fall asleep. It's on at 9PM here.

If these backups can't manage to score TDs against Vance Joseph I don't know what to tell them other than pack your bags and go home.

Wonder if the boo birds will come out when VJ steps out.

12. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

This one is going to be a barnburner!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

I'm of the same mind Joe. You never know which one of these guys is the next Rod Smith, Chris Harris. They made their bones in practice and preseason games. Looks like Malik Reed is the next UDFA to make this team. I'm not sure if he's playing tonight or not, but he may not be the only UDFA rookie making this team in the preseason.

I agree with Brian Griese. I don't think the opening day punt returner is on the roster yet-unless Cracraft shows something special tonight. If Rypien can tear it up tonight, he might just make the opening day roster. I don't think Hogan stays either way. Sua Cravens can solidify his spot on the roster with a big game tonight. If he has a bad game, he's probably gone. Can that no-neck rookie FB or Orson Charles win a spot on the roster or will the Broncos just carry an extra TE until Jano gets back? Will Juwaan Winfree have a big night and win a roster spot as the #5 or 6 WR?

There are a ton of story lines and players to watch tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I'm of the same mind Joe. You never know which one of these guys is the next Rod Smith, Chris Harris. They made their bones in practice and preseason games. Looks like Malik Reed is the next UDFA to make this team. I'm not sure if he's playing tonight or not, but he may not be the only UDFA rookie making this team in the preseason.

I agree with Brian Griese. I don't think the opening day punt returner is on the roster yet-unless Cracraft shows something special tonight. If Rypien can tear it up tonight, he might just make the opening day roster. I don't think Hogan stays either way. Sua Cravens can solidify his spot on the roster with a big game tonight. If he has a bad game, he's probably gone. Can that no-neck rookie FB or Orson Charles win a spot on the roster or will the Broncos just carry an extra TE until Jano gets back? Will Juwaan Winfree have a big night and win a roster spot as the #5 or 6 WR?

Winfree makes the roster hands down!
    I like him better than Hamilton.
    He is imo our 3rd best WR!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

TWO fullbacks?

Lord. We fixin’ to set football back 50 years?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    TWO fullbacks?

Lord. We fixin’ to set football back 50 years?
    Where are you getting 2 fullbacks from? I said can that no-neck rookie FB or Orson Charles win a roster spot or will they just carry an extra TE until Jano gets back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm good with 2 fullbacks. TE's are clearly prohibited in Denver by the Football Gods, so... smoke em if you got em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Pretty much. When Davis first took the field in the regular season it was easy to tell he was different than any back we had prior.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Where are you getting 2 fullbacks from? I said can that no-neck rookie FB or Orson Charles win a roster spot or will they just carry an extra TE until Jano gets back.
    Lol, I forgot he got hurt.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information