Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick to sign with the Colts?

Default Kaepernick to sign with the Colts?

If this is true makes for an interesting story at least!

Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'd be very surprised if that is true.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

That is a fake twitter account with 22 followers.

5. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritguy View Post
    If this is true makes for an interesting story at least!

The reason that he's not playing is he's insisted on being paid the salary the 49ers gave him right before his career went belly up, which why he was their back-up QB at the time he started his protest. I understand that a team in the last league that went belly up, I forgotten its name already & don't feel like taking the time looking it up, offered him a contract that he rejected because it wasn't near what he signed with the 49ers right after his last glorious season.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by faninaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritguy View Post
    if this is true makes for an interesting story at least!

the reason that he's not playing is he's insisted on being paid the salary the 49ers gave him right before his career went belly up, which why he was their back-up qb at the time he started his protest. I understand that a team in the last league that went belly up, i forgotten its name already & don't feel like taking the time looking it up, offered him a contract that he rejected because it wasn't near what he signed with the 49ers right after his last glorious season.
    aaf?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Ok looks like I got some egg on my face.

This from that twitter acct.

I’m Richard Harrison, a 59-year-old professional sports insider & analyst for ESPN. (Parody)
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    aaf?
    Yes
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Going to suck when Chad Kelly beats him out too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Going to suck when Chad Kelly beats him out too.
    That 90yd p6 Sat was horrible.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The reason that he's not playing is he's insisted on being paid the salary the 49ers gave him right before his career went belly up, which why he was their back-up QB at the time he started his protest. I understand that a team in the last league that went belly up, I forgotten its name already & don't feel like taking the time looking it up, offered him a contract that he rejected because it wasn't near what he signed with the 49ers right after his last glorious season.
    That's what it's always been about, too: That's why Kaep didn't find his Black Power Salute until AFTER his salary for that year was FULLY GUARANTEED. He knew SF wouldn't start him (because he sucks,) so he wanted them to cut him and let him get a big payday starting for one of the QB-desperate teams (because there are SEVERAL of those EVERY season) AND keep the $17 mil or whatever it was SF was still obligated to pay him whether he rode their bench, started for someone else or went on an extended Bahamian vacation. The 'Niners weren't stupid enough to pay that kind of money to provide a COMPETITORS QB though, so he tried to force their hand by making himself a colossal PR headache.

He miscalculated in two big ways though. First and foremost, SF wasn't going to trade him to anyone unless the new team gave them back that money in one form or another. Maybe a cash payment wouldn't fly with the cap rules, but something equivalent; a bunch of future 1st rounders, or a bunch of current All Pros--SOMETHING. And no one was going to give them that for a flash in the pan running QB with arm as powerful as a cannon but slightly less precise.

The other mistake was that the particulars of his maneuver didn't just make him a pariah in SF, but EVERYWHERE. Ironically, America-bashing might have hurt him less in SF (and Oakland) than anywhere else. It got fewer headlines, but he belatedly figured that out a few months later when he decided to publicly bash the left to make clear that he doesn't like ANYONE; at this point the feeling's pretty much mutual.

Kaepernick's the Anti-Tebow: Instead of scattershot running QB trying to use the NFL as an excuse to talk about nothing but his political agenda, we have a scattershot running QB trying to use his political agenda to talk nothing about football. I don't know if that'll ever reach its logical conclusion, but if it does I DO know I'll be voting third party.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Talk about going from Stud to Dud. Yeah, his antics will go over like a lead balloon in the heartland.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Talk about going from Stud to Dud. Yeah, his antics will go over like a lead balloon in the heartland.
    The NFL is missing out on a real money-maker here cause I'd pay good money to watch the heartland bitch and moan like stuck pigs as Kap shoves his ''antics'' straight up their puckered asses.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 08-29-2019 at 11:19 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    They’d pray for him.

19. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The NFL is missing out on a real money-maker here cause I'd pay good money to watch the heartland bitch and moan like stuck pigs as Kap shoves his ''antics'' straight up their puckered asses.
    I can only speak for myself, but I don't care what the 3rd string QB is doing on the sideline.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information