Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck to retire!?!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I think because I have an upper-management position in a pretty big corp i think of business side of things too.

This sucks for the Colts. But it sucks for the fans and season tix holders. Its like robbery.
    The Colts found a franchise QB and for years let him get battered behind bad lines - lines worse than the ones we had in Denver. As Nomad pointed out, that roster construction falls on the people put in power, and the person who put them in power was/is the owner. That'd be Irsay.
    In his earlier years if i remember correctly he was warned about running too much and to slide more wasnt he
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Andrew Luck retires: Let's take a look at the Colts quarterback's injury history in wake of shocking decision

From article:

March 2019: Calf strain

Back in March of this year, Luck underwent an MRI that revealed a calf strain in the quarterback's right leg. There was quite a bit of mystery surrounding Luck's diagnosis, but he sat out parts of the Colts' OTAs in May and June, then carried the leg issue into training camp.

As he continued to sit out, Luck was candid about being cautious with his health -- especially after some of his previous struggles.

"I could not live with myself if we get to a point in the season and say, 'Hey, I could've done this to take care of this issue, but I didn't because of X, Y, Z, whatever that is,'" Luck said, via Business Insider. "I'm not going to allow that to happen. It's something, again — 2016. I still have some emotional scars from that and that lives with me still, but I'm trying to use it in a positive way certainly for myself."
    Full article - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...king-decision/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

In his earlier years if i remember correctly he was warned about running too much and to slide more wasnt he
    Do you really think that's the cause of his consistent injuries? I'm sure early on he probably needed to learn some things, but the failure here wasn't on Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Some interesting stuff here

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck?lang=en

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Colts owner Jim Irsay on possibility of Andrew Luck returning from retirement: 'I don't rule it out'

Andrew Luck shocked the world when he announced his decision to retire from the NFL on Saturday, but Colts owner Jim Irsay hasn't given up hoping he'll see the quarterback in an Indianapolis jersey down the road.

Irsay spoke with reporters following Luck's announcement and gave his opinion on if Luck might return to the team.

"I don't rule it out because as quickly as this thing descended on us and mysterious as it was, it could leave the same way," Irsay said. "That's just a fact. It's very hard to measure sometimes our human experience and we all perceive life from our chair. I would say it's possible."

But Irsay isn't banking on the slim chance Luck will have a change of heart.
    rest - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...m1uhbnxnjqzqwg

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 11.44.34 AM.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	14822

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

it may just be coincidence, but it's interesting to note that his dad is the commissioner of the XFL. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

Default Sources: Colts won't recoup money from Luck

Despite the fact that they could have recouped $24.8 million from their former quarterback, the Indianapolis Colts have reached a financial settlement with Andrew Luck and will not take back any of the money they are owed, league sources told ESPN.

The Colts essentially are telling Luck to keep it all, even though it is within their rights to reclaim the money.

The settlement was reached late last week, according to a source familiar with the talks.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oup-money-luck

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Despite the fact that they could have recouped $24.8 million from their former quarterback, the Indianapolis Colts have reached a financial settlement with Andrew Luck and will not take back any of the money they are owed, league sources told ESPN.

The Colts essentially are telling Luck to keep it all, even though it is within their rights to reclaim the money.

The settlement was reached late last week, according to a source familiar with the talks.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oup-money-luck
    So they knew last week. Great.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

From that same article, the owner basically said they were going to give Luck half a billion dollars.
    You know why the Colts aren't freaking out? Because they'll suck and be in line to draft Lawrence or Tua. It's the same franchise that gave PFM the boot when he clearly had more gas in the tank - and while some doctors were skeptical of him being able to play, most had him cleared and that's why we signed him. So, was that wrong for the Colts to do, to basically throw away that season?

Be consistent now. Because if the franchise can boot a player because of health, then a player can do the same, too. And if the player realizes his health is shot close to the season, so what? He was clearly trying to get back into playing shape this offseason, too.

The Colts organization isn't sympathetic. Luck isn't the bad guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No. They reached an agreement last week. Either way, Luck said in his speech he wouldn’t go through what he did in 2017 again. He said he talked with trainers and coaches and worked directly with the trainers throughout the last three years. I doubt this completely blindsided Colts management.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I wonder if part of his contract is guaranteed for injury and that's why they reached a settlement.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    From that same article, the owner basically said they were going to give Luck half a billion dollars.
    You know why the Colts aren't freaking out? Because they'll suck and be in line to draft Lawrence or Tua. It's the same franchise that gave PFM the boot when he clearly had more gas in the tank - and while some doctors were skeptical of him being able to play, most had him cleared and that's why we signed him. So, was that wrong for the Colts to do, to basically throw away that season?

Be consistent now. Because if the franchise can boot a player because of health, then a player can do the same, too. And if the player realizes his health is shot close to the season, so what? He was clearly trying to get back into playing shape this offseason, too.

The Colts organization isn't sympathetic. Luck isn't the bad guy.
    All of this. The NFL is a cold hard business. Teams will be loyal insofar as a player is useful to them. It's a brutal sport and players have every right to look out for themselves and their own long term health interests. If they colts didn't want luck to retire young, they shouldn't have let him get killed for 7 years.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information