Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Rams 08/24/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Rams 08/24/19

The preseason is almost over!! Time for the regular season dress rehearsal!
    Getting really excited for what Chubb and the other guy....uh #58 can do together this year.

Go broncos !

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don’t mean to bust your bubble sneaks, but this won’t be the dress rehearsal. That was kinda last week. Fangio has already publicly stated the starters won’t play tonight and Hogan will start at QB with Rypien backing him up.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Yeah i have little interest in this game especially if Hogan gets most of the snaps.

I do wanna see Rypien but idk how much work he'll see if they are actually hiding him as has been reported as a possibility.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Yeah i have little interest in this game especially if Hogan gets most of the snaps.

I do wanna see Rypien but idk how much work he'll see if they are actually hiding him as has been reported as a possibility.
    Unless they intend to showcase him for a possible trade (unlikely) they shouldn't play Rypien at all so he can be on the practice squad. It should be 100% Kevin Hogan. Had Drew Lock been healthy, he would have started, but now. . .

And the Rams aren't playing any of their starters because, why would they? The preseason is a joke. All it does is get guys injured.

Still you can tell some stuff by who they actually do start. On the OL Bolles, Risner and McGovern are playing, but Elijah Wilkinson and James are not.

With Leary's injury never healing Wilkinson is your starting RG and James is a veteran. The others need all the work they can get.

Garrett Bolles has 28 penalties in his first 2 seasons and more this pre-season. Nobody else in the NFL has anywhere near that total. He is far and away the most penalized lineman in the NFL and it's not even close. The problem is that with Leary injured Bolles pretty much has to start because Wilkinson is your swing T and he's forced to start at RG.

He'd better turn it around instantly or they will have to search the waiver wire for a G so Wilkinson can play that LT position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t mean to bust your bubble sneaks, but this won’t be the dress rehearsal. That was kinda last week. Fangio has already publicly stated the starters won’t play tonight and Hogan will start at QB with Rypien backing him up.
    I’ve seen all I want to see from the back-ups in the last two games, and it’s not worth my time to watch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Unless they intend to showcase him for a possible trade (unlikely) they shouldn't play Rypien at all so he can be on the practice squad. It should be 100% Kevin Hogan. Had Drew Lock been healthy, he would have started, but now. . .

And the Rams aren't playing any of their starters because, why would they? The preseason is a joke. All it does is get guys injured.

Still you can tell some stuff by who they actually do start. On the OL Bolles, Risner and McGovern are playing, but Elijah Wilkinson and James are not.

With Leary's injury never healing Wilkinson is your starting RG and James is a veteran. The others need all the work they can get.

Garrett Bolles has 28 penalties in his first 2 seasons and more this pre-season. Nobody else in the NFL has anywhere near that total. He is far and away the most penalized lineman in the NFL and it's not even close. The problem is that with Leary injured Bolles pretty much has to start because Wilkinson is your swing T and he's forced to start at RG.

He'd better turn it around instantly or they will have to search the waiver wire for a G so Wilkinson can play that LT position.
    I doubt Rypien is going to the practice squad, and my guess it that has been the plan all along that Rypien would make 53 as the 3rd quarterback.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

I doubt Rypien is going to the practice squad, and my guess it that has been the plan all along that Rypien would make 53 as the 3rd quarterback.
    Hes the insurance policy. Id hate to see him pinched off the PS.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Happy Gameday, Broncos fans.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kevin Hogan to start #DENvsLAR, Fangio to hold out most starters

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Most of the Broncos’ starters will not play against the Rams on Saturday, Head Coach Vic Fangio announced Thursday.

“It’s our fourth [preseason] game, not our third,” Fangio said. “I just feel like that it’s the best thing to do for our team right now.”

Kevin Hogan will start at quarterback, and Brett Rypien will also play. Fangio said Rypien will play “a good bit” on Saturday but that reps will not be split evenly. He did not indicate which quarterback would receive more reps.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/k...-most-starters

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Boring.....

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Boring.....
    Gators/Hurricanes this evening. Go Canes!

16. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Gators/Hurricanes this evening. Go Canes!
    I gotta go Gators here. But at least the game will mean something with Florida's ranking.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Very few teams can afford to carry 3 Qbs on the active roster. Nobody I've heard commenting on it on the radio thinks Rypien will do anything but go on the practice squad. He hasn't done anything really in the NFL so far, wasn't even drafted after playing at Boise State, which is not exactly like he starred in the SEC.

Nobody wanted him then and NFL GMs have no reason to alter their opinion now.

Unless they showcase him by letting him play and he does something spectacular in the pre-season to attract notice he's going to easily slide through to the practice squad. Why would they waste a roster spot on him? He's not going to play at all if Flacco and Lock are healthy.

Just let him sit, and sign him to the practice squad in case Flacco gets hurt and Lock has to start, then they slip him onto the 53. If Lock has to start it means the season is shot anyway since he's not ready.

I'd still like to see Lock to see what they have because obviously you're never going to win any SBs with Joe Flacco. Yes he did it in 2012.

In 2012 it was 7 years ago and I had more hair. That was a long-ass time ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Boring.....
    I would be more interesting to watch if Rypien played the whole game. I can’t stomach that 3rd & 4th team defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I would be more interesting to watch if Rypien played the whole game. I can’t stomach that 3rd & 4th team defense.
    I would be fine if they played the starters for the entire first half. Cardinals and Vikings are doing that currently. I just know how bad our backups are and its probably going to be a very ugly game and uninteresting for me in terms of excitement.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information