Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matt Nagy is an insane person and the bears will never recover

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default Matt Nagy is an insane person and the bears will never recover

If you think we have an unhealthy fixation on Rahim Moore - the curse of Cody Parkey is going to live with Matt Nagy forever...

It seems to literally be driving him insane...

If you want the simplest, hardest piece of news from Kalyn Kahler’s fantastic writeup for Sports Illustrated of the Chicago Bears’ offseason kicking saga, it’s that the decision to cut Cody Parkey was made immediately upon the second doink. If you want the most important and still-relevant piece of news, which emerges gradually but clearly from the story as a whole, it’s that Bears coach Matt Nagy is a madman, an Ahab figure, from whom something fundamental was taken by that missed field goal and who can never rest until he gets his revenge on the goalpost.

https://deadspin.com/it-is-hazardous...agy-1837468851
    Madness at 43 Yards: The Bears Kicker Competition Through the Eyes of Those Who Lived It - https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/21/ch...y-eddy-pineiro

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

That SI link is priceless. Reads like a short fictional story.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Parkey is Nagy's Finkle.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That isn’t a good sign.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Thanks for the link. Went down the rabbit hole looking for the Why Your Team Sucks 2019: Denver Broncos and was not disappointed in the Broncos fans comments:

I still hate Rahim Moore for jumping that route.

I want “**** Rahim Moore” etched on my gravestone, so my grandchildren know I care so little for them.
    https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-s...cos-1836907091

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'll maintain until I die that the hate for Rahim Moore is the dumbest, most misplaced hatred held by the broncos fanbase.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Also this one :

In 1997 I was living in Saratoga Springs, NY in a 200 sq ft studio, broke, depressed and alcoholic. However I had the Broncos and they were finally not going to shit the bed. The four people in my life who I hadn’t driven away by that point came over to the my pathetic apartment and we proceeded to watch Bill Romanowski try and spear Mark Brunell 109x and either miss and allow Mark to scramble for a first, throw for a first or draw a penalty for a first down.

I was drinking tequila straight from the bottle by the fourth quarter. The game ended, I collapsed and started crying. My friends did a reverse Kool-Aid man in leaving so fast and then I spent the rest of the night throwing stuff against the wall and playing Twisted Metal 2 on the PlayStation while polishing off the bottle.

Honestly one of the lowest points of my entire life. That game hurts more than the SBs win felt good.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Also this one :
    I still maintain that the shitty call against Tory James changed the momentum in that game for us. I was so pissed at that BS PI call.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'll maintain until I die that the hate for Rahim Moore is the dumbest, most misplaced hatred held by the broncos fanbase.
    I'll maintain that you should GTF-O of my thread with dumbass takes like this.

16. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

John Fox is the villain in that game. Moore tried to make a play to win the game and he messed up. Fox sat on the ball with Peyton ****ing Manning. Blaming that loss on Moore is the easy simpleton take, but it's the incorrect one. Even on that one play Champ botched it too.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

John Fox is the villain in that game. Moore tried to make a play to win the game and he messed up. Fox sat on the ball with Peyton ****ing Manning. Blaming that loss on Moore is the easy simpleton take, but it's the incorrect one. Even on that one play Champ botched it too.
    Fox being a coward doesn't change the fact that Moore made the single most infamous play in the franchise's 60 year history.

You can relitigate this all you want - but that doesn't change the way I feel in my bones. I like the gravestone idea that the deadspin commenter had.

22. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fox being a coward doesn't change the fact that Moore made the single most infamous play in the franchise's 60 year history.

You can relitigate this all you want - but that doesn't change the way I feel in my bones. I like the gravestone idea that the deadspin commenter had.
    You are definitely free to sit there and be wrong in your wrongness!

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

You are definitely free to sit there and be wrong in your wrongness!
    The only reason beef high fived you is because he was drunk and flirting with ravens fans and totally emotionally unaffected by the game. Just like you - because you guys weren't as invested as me, a real fan.

26. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The only reason beef high fived you is because he was drunk and flirting with ravens fans and totally emotionally unaffected by the game. Just like you - because you guys weren't as invested as me, a real fan.
    If you didn't look like this for at least TWO MONTHS after that ******* game thinking about how a dude jumps a play with no help behind him, I don't think I could drink a cran-vodka with you:

28. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information