Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs 49ers 08/19/19

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Owen Daniels, slow as f*** but still an effective blocker with good hands, was instrumental in SB50 and only here for 1 year. He coulda been had for like nothing.
    Jeff is a good blocker which is the only reason I think he sticks around in Denver since he is so f'in fragile and always injured.....If someone like Daniels was on the market cheap right now I'm pretty sure we would have already gotten them. We wanted Virgil back but he thought he was the next Antonio gates....and we weren't paying that for a blocking TE.....

We have a glaring need even more then special teams at the TE position....ILB is worrying if Davis and Jewell aren't healthy as well. and if any our starts get hurt on the OL were in trouble....It would not shock me at all to see 3 or 4 players added when teams do their cuts.....as for street FA its bone dry at those positions.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Owen Daniels, slow as f*** but still an effective blocker with good hands, was instrumental in SB50 and only here for 1 year. He coulda been had for like nothing.
    Jeff is a good blocker which is the only reason I think he sticks around in Denver since he is so f'in fragile and always injured.....If someone like Daniels was on the market cheap right now I'm pretty sure we would have already gotten them. We wanted Virgil back but he thought he was the next Antonio gates....and we weren't paying that for a blocking TE.....

We have a glaring need even more then special teams at the TE position....ILB is worrying if Davis and Jewell aren't healthy as well. and if any our starts get hurt on the OL were in trouble....It would not shock me at all to see 3 or 4 players added when teams do their cuts.....as for street FA its bone dry at those positions.
    I don't worry too much abiut the deficiencies on D. Offense now is the greatest need. Lets hope ST isnt a shit show and gets ironed out. Thisnis what the preseason is for.

I expect some improvement from the Offense but i wont sound the alarm for anything... Yet.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I don't worry too much abiut the deficiencies on D. Offense now is the greatest need. Lets hope ST isnt a shit show and gets ironed out. Thisnis what the preseason is for.

I expect some improvement from the Offense but i wont sound the alarm for anything... Yet.
    Right. Blue pill and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

Right. Blue pill and all that.
    We talking about The Matrix or *that blue pill?

Its preseason. Im not gonna get crazy about it. Flacco and the 1s look good and the 1s on D look... Great? Not gonna sweat it in Aug.

We talking about The Matrix or *that blue pill?
    "I'm Bob Dole, and Bob Dole approves this block."
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

There are thousands of TE's like Daniels in the phone book, thousands of Davis/Jewel's too.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    There are thousands of TE's like Daniels in the phone book, thousands of Davis/Jewel's too.
    Awesome; could you call a couple of them, please?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Heuerman sticks around because he was the only veteran they had. Now he's injured again, Butt is injured, Fumagalli's been on and off, etc. Their entire TE group is just one big tub party.

"Heuerman returned to practice last week but was held out of Monday's preseason win over the 49ers. He now appears questionable, at best, for Saturday's exhibition matchup with the Rams. Fellow tight end Noah Fant (ankle) also is absent, leaving Troy Fumagalli and Jake Butt with a nice chance to get some snaps with the starters."
    Butt is the biggest disappointment. He's shown well every time he's been on the field, but every time he does anything, he's down for a couple weeks with more undisclosed injuries. We'll see if he can survive this game without a "setback" which means his knee flares up whenever he tries to play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

Heuerman sticks around because he was the only veteran they had. Now he's injured again, Butt is injured, Fumagalli's been on and off, etc. Their entire TE group is just one big tub party.

"Heuerman returned to practice last week but was held out of Monday's preseason win over the 49ers. He now appears questionable, at best, for Saturday's exhibition matchup with the Rams. Fellow tight end Noah Fant (ankle) also is absent, leaving Troy Fumagalli and Jake Butt with a nice chance to get some snaps with the starters."
    Butt is the biggest disappointment. He's shown well every time he's been on the field, but every time he does anything, he's down for a couple weeks with more undisclosed injuries. We'll see if he can survive this game without a "setback" which means his knee flares up whenever he tries to play.
    That void at TE is a handicap to an already needy offense. It must be addressed asap. Its one thing for a talent void at a position, but its been a snakebitten group for years injury after injury.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Awesome; could you call a couple of them, please?
    If I had that kind of authority I wouldn't waste it on scrubs.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information