Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs 49ers 08/19/19

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I wouldn’t take anything out of playcalling from that game. It’s clear that Scangarello just wanted to test out players in screen passes. I know I can be skeptical, and the screen passes were excessive, but in this case I just don’t think it means a thing.
    Well I get its pre-season to and most good coordinators don't show a lot if they can help it either, but we have some concerns still on offense like scoring TD's and personnel so hopefully we are more convinced next week after they play even longer into perhaps the 3rd quarter, if we still score 9 points into the 3rd, we have legit concerns.....plain and simple.....I'm still not convinced about Flacco either, but he is much more composed then any of our Qb's have been the last few years post manning so that's a plus.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The D 1s look very promising

So does the offense, but the OLine still needs work

Flacco was somewhat unimpressive, but still better than what We have seen the past few years. Much better decision making in the pocket.

But JFC Garrett Bolles seriously?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    All things considered - I’m not liking our scouting department...
    Yea, still a long way to go but im not really impressed with a lot of our "talent" including our blue chipper rookies. Both Drew and Fant have been very unimpressive, at least more than i thought i would see from them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    We still can't score a td in the red zone. Bolles is still god awful even with being coached up. Lbers, even starters are a HUGE concern. Just sort of blah. Didn't have high expectations so not horribly disappointed.
    If i had to do it all over again i would have taken Bush. But, thats just me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    2nd week in a row no Rypien. Very disappointing.
    I wonder what the deal is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Hogan is really bad. He's missed some wide open throws
    Im still on the fence with him. He gets to play with some really bad depth players as well as receivers who cant catch anyway. I saw a few games he played in Wash and he looked decent and he at the very least looks more confident in the pocket than Drew at this point. (which is to be expected based on experience)

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Troy Renck
    ‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    55s55 seconds ago

#Broncos Fant walked into lockerroom with a limp, favoring his right ankle #Denver7
    FML

I still like Fumagalli anyway. How did he look last night? I didnt get to catch the entire game.

We have no depth anywhere, which is a real concern. We've been run out of the building in the second half of the last two games.

Lock looked pretty good again, especially when he was in there with most of the starters. After that, he (and Hogan) was under pressure almost every snap.

Special teams were terrible again. Fangio called it "unacceptable", so let's see if anything comes out of that.

First team D will be fine. Chubb is due for a monster year.

First team O was ... okay. This looks like another year of painfully moving the ball an inch down the field at a time and then settling for field goals. Then again, that was the Flacco offense in Baltimore too, so we'll get what we paid for.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

DOMINANT!

The word is DOMINANT! You dominate a game. Your defense is dominant. I know you are trolling me.
    Eye dew knot no watt ewe mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Cut Bolles
    There I said it, the team has been cursed since his arrival. The holding call he showed good hands and position then quit on the play by holding instead of pushing. He's a momentum killer and it's past time we sent him off to Buffalo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoTech View Post
    Cut Bolles
    There I said it, the team has been cursed since his arrival. The holding call he showed good hands and position then quit on the play by holding instead of pushing. He's a momentum killer and it's past time we sent him off to Buffalo.
    I had hoped Munch woulda corrected him
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I had hoped Munch woulda corrected him
    I had hoped for someone would coach up Paxton but that never happened, he went year to year without improvement.

I forget who I saw quoted as saying he believed Chubb was going to have a big year, but it was one of those front office types on ESPN or NFLN, maybe Riddick. Anyway, those first two drives he was awesome. That’s Joe Staley he was schooling. Shelby Harris played alright, doesn’t get all that great of pressure, especially on running plays. This defense is definitely built for the passing NFL. It’s a badass defense, it just needs some help, but we’ve known that for awhile.

Flacco is a pro. That’s a nice change. Especially the no happy feet. Good passes early, liked that he stepped up and got the ball out on the third down. He makes NFL reads and throws, especially the one over the middle on the second drive. The offense has lacked that the past four seasons. The two red zone passes to end the first drive weren’t fantastic, behind the receiver and in to double coverage on the second. Eh, at least he’s a quarterback that gives me hope.

Great to see Sanders back at what looks like full speed. The end around was fun.

My early assessment, anyway. Just three drives of all the starters, but I feel better after seeing that than I did looking at it on paper.
    I'm glad you can be optimistic. I sincerely envy your ability to be happy with this dog with fleas.

But, what's there to look forward to? Maybe, if the defense doesn't lose any key players to injury they can go 8-8? Maybe?

Well, they are going to have to win every game 15-13 or something because we've seen this narrative before. Move the ball between the 20's and kick a FG because you have almost no offensive weapons in the Red Zone.

Same thing again this year. They've got Sanders, and nobody else who frightens DCs even a little bit. And the defense can only go so long holding them in every game while the offense sputters and fails to score TDs.

Stop me if you've seen this all before.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoTech View Post
    I had hoped for someone would coach up Paxton but that never happened, he went year to year without improvement.
    He went without improvement because he was incapable of improvement, and he had a bunch of hangers on who were telling him how awesome he was at Memphis, and how the Broncos were doing him dirty by not naming him the starting QB.

He probably won't be in the NFL much longer, even as a backup.

I liked Fangio's post game conference where he said if the backups playing special teams weren't up to par he would put the starters in there. Nice turn around from VJ's classic "He's my guy" crap.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information