Page 42 of 169 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 College Football Season

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Great stuff from the Michigan defensive coordinator about going up against Army’s flexbone.

Dont know much about him but that is some great explaining. Probably more than the people deserved but he really broke it down nicely.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Dont know much about him but that is some great explaining. Probably more than the people deserved but he really broke it down nicely.
    I loved that he knew the exact number of triple options Army runs and that it’s low. People always look at the flexbone, wishbone, power I and see triple option and that’s not always what is run out of it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Teams should forfeit games if they don't throw the ball at least ten percent of their plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Teams should forfeit games if they don't throw the ball at least ten percent of their plays.
    The #1 rule of football is you keep doing the same thing until the other team proves they can stop it. If I get 10 yds per play on any play, I go back to it over and over again, don't care if it's run or pass.

Plus a football factory like Michigan has no business losing to a team like Army where the players make a 5-year commitment to serve in the military after they earn their degree. That means there are zero players at Army, Navy or Air Force dreaming of an NFL career. Meanwhile, more than half the kids at Michigan expect to be in the NFL. It's an enormous mismatch in talent. So the academies have to balance the mismatch any way they can, including using exotic schemes that the football factories don't see regularly.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 09-10-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    The #1 rule of football is you keep doing the same thing until the other team proves they can stop it. If I get 10 yds per play on any play, I go back to it over and over again, don't care if it's run or pass.

Plus a football factory like Michigan has no business losing to a team like Army where the players make a 5-year commitment to serve in the military after they earn their degree. That means there are zero players at Army, Navy or Air Force dreaming of an NFL career. Meanwhile, more than half the kids at Michigan expect to be in the NFL. It's an enormous mismatch in talent. So the academies have to balance the mismatch any way they can, including using exotic schemes that the football factories don't see regularly.
    That game was so boring when Army had the ball. I understand strategy, and I understand why they run that offense. With that being sad, **** no. Get that shit off TV. That's unwatchable garbage.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

That game was so boring when Army had the ball. I understand strategy, and I understand why they run that offense. With that being sad, **** no. Get that shit off TV. That's unwatchable garbage.
    You would've hated the Nebraska glory days!

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    You would've hated the Nebraska glory days!
    Back then that was tolerable football.

In 2019, that shit's awful. Especially since UM would probably have bitten on an occasional PA pass.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Nobody's forcing you to watch. How many other college games were on at the same time?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I lost a lot of respect for Tebow after seeing this. What a bunch of out of touch nonsense from someone who grew up in a family with a lot of money. It's really easy for him to say college athletes shouldn't be paid when you didn't grow up in poverty like many college athletes.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I lost a lot of respect for Tebow after seeing this. What a bunch of out of touch nonsense from someone who grew up in a family with a lot of money. It's really easy for him to say college athletes shouldn't be paid when you didn't grow up in poverty like many college athletes.
    Eh. I don't. They get a free education, room & board (and a lot of meals, I think) while many of those other "poverty stricken" people have zero chance to even go to college. I view it as an apprenticeship - a chance to make millions if you're good and can prove yourself.

That said, I also don't really have a problem giving these athletes a little stipend to help them out. The have little opportunity to get a job to give them some income because of their commitment to their sport.

So, in short, I understand both sides of the argument, and don't respect Tebow any less because of his view.
    Last edited by BroncoJoe; 09-13-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Eh. I don't. They get a free education, room & board (and a lot of meals, I think) while many of those other "poverty stricken" people have zero chance to even go to college. I view it as an apprenticeship - a chance to make millions if your good and can prove yourself.

That said, I also don't really have a problem giving these athletes a little stipend to help them out. The have little opportunity to get a job to give them some income because of their commitment to their sport.

So, in short, I understand both sides of the argument, and don't respect Tebow any less because of his view.
    Where he went over the line was calling people selfish for wanting to be compensated for their work. That's fine if he didn't want/need that, but that isn't the case for everyone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

There’s an argument to be made that their payment for playing is a scholarship and a degree (if they follow through as they should). There are millions of students who aren’t afforded that full ride (at the highest levels, DII, DIII, NAIA are all different).

That said, that is an absurd argument against athletes being allowed to profit from their own image. I think, of all the arguments, for paying players, paying them their licensing fees for jerseys and the use of their likeness is the best.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There’s an argument to be made that their payment for playing is a scholarship and a degree (if they follow through as they should). There are millions of students who aren’t afforded that full ride (at the highest levels, DII, DIII, NAIA are all different).

That said, that is an absurd argument against athletes being allowed to profit from their own image. I think, of all the arguments, for paying players, paying them their licensing fees for jerseys and the use of their likeness is the best.
    Right, I'm not even talking about schools paying players. Tebow was saying they shouldn't even get to profit off their likeness, which is just bullshit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I do think the endorsement ban is complete BS, BTW. It was absolute BS what happened to that CU kid because he was a championship skier, and pretty damn good football player.

I can't think of his name ATM...

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The only other comment I will put forth is what would that do to the team? If one or two guys on a pretty big team are raking in the $$, and the other 99 guys aren't? Seems like that could cause potential problems/resentments at that age.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information