Thread: Bill Self, College Basketball, and Sneaks

Default Bill Self, College Basketball, and Sneaks

What do you all make of the recruiting scandal of Bill Self? I wish the story was bigger than it is because certain schools and coaches get a pass for bad behavior, generally speaking. Regardless, those text messages between he and alleged 'bagman', Gassnola don't look good.

I think the public sentiment is that almost every school is doing it, at least big time schools. I don't think this means Bill Self is a bad person, or that it damages his coaching credentials. I do know, however, that we're about to have an epic legal battle over these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Dont know much about it but watched a old game from earlier this year between Kansas and Baylor. He seemed kind of like a smug dude in his close win over Baylor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The entire sport is doing this. While I have no love for Self and I’d love to bury his “ah, shucks” ass, the team I root for, Arizona, has a seedy coach too. The whole sport, coaches, programs, AAU coaches, parents, shoe companies are exploiting these kids.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Did you watch The Scheme on HBO?

Athletes have been getting paid for decades now. The fact that the NCAA still exists is a joke. If you want to be competitive at a big time program, you pay your players. All of the big time coaches are complicit in one way or another.

Eh, if Calipari was caught doing this the scandal would be 1,000 times larger. The media is letting Self off the hook. The sports media pathetic and should have higher standards like (I mean this sincerely, Mo does) and I wish ESPN would just have the balls to hire Mo.

That's my new ******* goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Eh, if Calipari was caught doing this the scandal would be 1,000 times larger. The media is letting Self off the hook. The sports media pathetic and should have higher standards like (I mean this sincerely, Mo does) and I wish ESPN would just have the balls to hire Mo.

That's my new ******* goal.
    I tried to do this several years ago when someone posted an article about how FOXSports was stealing most of ESPN most popular analysts, but no one had my back, including MO
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information