Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Seahawks 08/08/19

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Back home and watched the game last night - I have some thoughts.

I wasn't that impressed with our opening drive (the one starters' drive) that everyone is talking about. We had the one big (nice, well blocked) 50 yard run. Other than that, we got run stuffed a lot and Flacco threw two checkdowns and one fade (my least favorite pass in football). Limited sample size but I'm not seeing any kind of excitement there.

I thought Lock looked good, much better than last week. He seemed nervous last week, and this game appeared much more confident and capable. He's still a work in progress, but we may actually have something there if he develops. I agree with those that say he needs to get reps over Hogan. We know what Hogan is. Don't screw around with our rookie just because we've had other failures there.

Speaking of our failures, I thought Lynch looked like the best QB on the field (after Benkert did last week as well). I know that's not saying much and he was playing against backups, but I honestly can't remember him ever looking that good in a Bronco uniform. Is he just "getting it" now? Or is our defensive depth a concern?

And related to that last part, the penalties are unacceptable. We should be used to it by now but it's still ridiculous, especially when Fangio emphasized this when he was hired. This was death by inches.

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information