Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Seahawks 08/08/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck
    ‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    2h2 hours ago

#Broncos Andy Janovich will undergo MRI after suffering shoulder/pec injury on special teams. A pectoral tear would lead to missed time and place regular season games in jeopardy. Again, should know more today on the bruising fullback #Denver7

Troy Renck
    7h7 hours ago

#Broncos @I_CU_boy on what Joe Flacco was like in huddle. “Oh, smooth. Calm. He was asking us questions, what we wanted. He’s just confident in what he does. He just makes everybody more confident. This year is going to be a great year.” #Denver7

Troy Renck
    7h7 hours ago

“it felt good to get back out there and get some rust off. This is the first time I’ve been hit and tackled since the (wrist) injury. It felt good to just be out with my teammates and have fun.” — #Broncos @I_CU_boy after Thursday’s game. #Denver7

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm watching the replay now. Lock definitely looks much better than a week ago and clearly has quite a bit of raw talent.

Hopefully he can continue to grow and improve. Based on what I've seen so far I don't know that Hogan should be ahead of him. Hard to tell though

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm watching the replay now. Lock definitely looks much better than a week ago and clearly has quite a bit of raw talent.

Hopefully he can continue to grow and improve. Based on what I've seen so far I don't know that Hogan should be ahead of him. Hard to tell though
    Hogan should definitely not be ahead of Lock. Wasting reps on Hogan is asinine. Just like wasting reps on Siemian was asinine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Griese kept pointing out how he's relying way too much on his arm and being lazy about transferring power using his legs/feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

8. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Griese kept pointing out how he's relying way too much on his arm and being lazy about transferring power using his legs/feet.
    Lol. He'll get coached up I'm sure

I thought it was a good game. It went down almost exactly how I expected and the people here are reacating pretty much exactly how I expected. Its funny.
    Klis or someone tweeted before the game that we did not do any prep work for the seabirds and to expect a shit show. I am glad they did. Now we know what we need to work on. I thought it was a great game. The starters looked great! Missed an opening TD by an inch. Give them a few more weeks and that will be money.

I see us as a 10-6/11-5 team right now. Better than I thought.

Lock has really made strides. I was not so sure about him but he looked a lot lot better. Some of his throws were really really really good throws. That throw to Fumagali. Talk about right out of the break! An incredible throw with a rusher coming down the pipe!

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Griese is 100% correct. He was. I like it because Lock didn't miss too many throws. The ones he did was because he didn't follow through. That is an easy fix. Not a change in motion or aim or anything. Just follow through. Easy.

Lock had some other good throws that were just dropped. Easy drops. He left that poor kid from San fran out to dry. But what QB has not done that before??? remember what Peyton said to JT back when we set records? He said make sure to bend the route in before the safety. JT did not and got blasted. Same thing here. The WR did not bend the route, but Lock should have put more on it too.

Lock is still super raw, I still like Chad Kelly better, but Lock looked good. As he builds on that we will be ok me thinks.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Yes, Griese is correct. It's just that I feel a bit dirty saying that.

I still think we are an 8-8 team at best. But I live to be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    1h1 hour ago

While there is fear Fort has torn ACL, MRI scheduled for later this morning to determine full extent of injury. Jano MRI also forthcoming. #9sports

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    1h1 hour ago

Fangio on penalties: “Penalties were ... because you have poor technique or you’re not good enough. W/either you have to cheat, you have to grab guys ... We have to make guys aware of proper technique and hopefully they’re good enough to play honest downs w/out fouling. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

14. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Hogan should definitely not be ahead of Lock. Wasting reps on Hogan is asinine. Just like wasting reps on Siemian was asinine.
    My man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Well, obviously they are on vastly different time-tables. Hogan is a pure backup and the Broncos have Zero notion of his ever being anything more than an backup emergency starter.

Lock is the QB of the future. Everything depends on whether they can develop him over the next couple of years.

If the Joe Flacco experiment is underwhelming (almost every national observer assumes that he's pretty much washed up) then they might need Lock sooner rather than later. Every rep he can get they need to give him in the pre-season.

He's on a rather steep learning curve.

Going into the season with Siemian as the starter to begin with was asinine. If Paxton couldn't beat out Siemian in his first season, then they needed to go back into the 2017 draft and get a QB then and not wait.

19. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Well, obviously they are on vastly different time-tables. Hogan is a pure backup and the Broncos have Zero notion of his ever being anything more than an backup emergency starter.

Lock is the QB of the future. Everything depends on whether they can develop him over the next couple of years.

If the Joe Flacco experiment is underwhelming (almost every national observer assumes that he's pretty much washed up) then they might need Lock sooner rather than later. Every rep he can get they need to give him in the pre-season.

He's on a rather steep learning curve.
    You say that as if the opinions of national observers matter whatsoever.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Waste of two years. If they insist on veteran, groom the rookie. Groom the rookie. I don’t understand it, either. Frankly, I think Elway might be gun shy on rookie quarterbacks at this point, while the rest of the sport realizes they need to play.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Waste of two years. If they insist on veteran, groom the rookie. Groom the rookie. I don’t understand it, either. Frankly, I think Elway might be gun shy on rookie quarterbacks at this point, while the rest of the sport realizes they need to play.
    Yea, i agree.

At this stage its better to figure it out now and sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You say that as if the opinions of national observers matter whatsoever.
    Well, they're probably right. The opinion outside of Denver is basically "did John Elway actually SEE Joe Flacco the last 5 years?"

Outside of a lot of hype coming out of Dove Valley, what evidence is there that Flacco is any good? It can't be based on anything Flacco has done since 2014.

I'm hoping its all wrong. But, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are all right.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information