Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Seahawks 08/08/19

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Nothing screams GM Elway louder than post Broncos Paxton Lynch out dueling present Broncos Paxton Lynch.
    Yeah. I didn't like seeing that, but Paxton is now in his 4th season, while Drew Lock is a raw rookie. If Paxton had played like this his rookie year, he'd be the Denver franchise QB right now.

Against the 2nd and 3rd team defense in a meaningless pre-season game? You just watched what is probably the season highlight for Paxton. He obviously will never be a starter in the NFL.

I'm reminded of a great performance Bradley Van Pelt put up in the pre-season one year that had wags talking about how he was going to be a good NFL QB.

I’m on vacation with the family so I missed this game. Fill me in quickly - Lynch carved us up and we couldn’t do diddly poo offensively?

3. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The NFL is hideous. It's really hard to watch. I hope the regular season isn't this bad. It's become a game more about officiating than anything else and it's just horrible to watch.
    They really just can't help themselves. They have to make things more and more complicated and more and more boring. Get rid of all the technology, make the game simpler and more streamlined and it would be more fun.

Nope. Refs make a controversial call, everybody complains (and even files a ridiculous lawsuit "the Saints were robbed!") so they have to make things even worse with the officials.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I’m on vacation with the family so I missed this game. Fill me in quickly - Lynch carved us up and we couldn’t do diddly poo offensively?
    The starters had one drive and marched it right down the field. We'll be fine.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I really wasn't that bothered by this game. Biggest concerns I see coming out of this game, are the TE position and OL depth. I also am curious to see how ILB shakes out, I wouldn't be surprised to see us add a vet TE and vet ILB in the next couple weeks. I laugh at all the people trashing Lock his first drive with half competent personnel was pretty good and he looked better then last game, then he was behind complete scrubs and Carrol was blitzing like a madman.....he did have a couple bad throws because of pressure, and I want to blame him for the safety but he had like 3 seconds, I'm not bothered by it that much. Even Hogan wasn't that bad on a couple throws. Penalties and scrub players is what hurt our offense the second half.....

I'm a Flacco hater and to be honest I was fine with what our first string offense did including him. I do think we will be better on offense this year. I also think we will have a pretty nasty defense and run game.

Bottom line is its pre-season and Seattle's 3rd and 4th stringers overall played better then we did.....a little pissed our 3rd and 4th string defense made Paxton look halfway decent, but again 3rd and 4th string in pre-season.....

Oh and Fant better not block like he did this game anymore or he wont see the field much.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Nailed it on one. The offense looked like a replay of Vance Joseph's greatest hits. Drives stall in the red zone. Kick FGs instead of TDs. Fall behind by about 15 points. Mount a desperate 4th quarter come-back drive that falls well short but makes the garbage time score look closer than the game actually was.

Explain to me all the reasons this season is going to be better again? Theoretically, Fangio can't possibly be as bad as VJ, so that means at least 2 more wins. Right?

Somehow, I'm not seeing it.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-09-2019 at 06:08 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Nailed it on one. Looked like a replay of Vance Joseph's greatest hits.

Explain to me all the reasons this season is going to be better again? Theoretically, Fangio can't possibly be as bad as VJ, so that means at least 2 more wins. Right?

Somehow, I'm not seeing it.

you guys are hilarious...... I must have missed the part where it was week 1 reg season.....Paxton carved up our 3rd and 4th string most of who wont even be on our roster....and most of our 3rd string offense wont be around for week 1 either.....seriously 3rd and 4th quarter of pre-season week 1....lets be concerned if we look this bad week 3......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    you guys are hilarious...... I must have missed the part where it was week 1 reg season.....Paxton carved up our 3rd and 4th string most of who wont even be on our roster....and most of our 3rd string offense wont be around for week 1 either.....seriously 3rd and 4th quarter of pre-season week 1....lets be concerned if we look this bad week 3......
    You missed the point. The game looked just like last year's regular season. Whether it's first string against 1st string or 3rd against 3rd, it's that whole score 6 points through 3 quarters then try and come back in the 4th and fall short.

We've seen that before. In fact that's the story of the last 3 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You missed the point. The game looked just like last year's regular season. Whether it's first string against 1st string or 3rd against 3rd, it's that whole score 6 points through 3 quarters then try and come back in the 4th and fall short.

We've seen that before. In fact that's the story of the last 3 years.
    No I got your point it just wasn't very good. Our 1nd and 2nd against their first and second and we evened out....in week 1 of the pre-season....not to mention Seattle was blitzing a lot so I liked how our OL performed overall.....Play calling was a bit to generic in some situations, but again its pre-season....We get 6 points in 3 quarters with the starters in week 3 you may be onto something.

Cleveland for example scored 30 points against Washington and 14 of those were on a INT and Return TD, their 1 and 2 offense scored 10 points, we scored 6 and they are suppose to be the offensive AFC juggernaut. Seattle has a much nastier D then Washington as well across the board.....its week 1 of the pre-season that's the point.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

I only watched the first half, and then I think one Broncos drive in the second and then went to bed. Will watch the rest this weekend.

Glancing through the last few pages of this thread, I'm surprised so many people are down on Lock. I thought he looked much better this week than last, and that's what we want to see in someone that raw that played the style he did in college.

More concerning for this year, since I expect Lock to be the number three QB, is that Hogan looked worse this week than last. Last week, I thought, "Ok, not a world beater, but if he had to come in and we can run it, we should be ok" but this week in his couple drives, he looked very inconsistent.

While still likely, especially since Rypien didn't play at all, I don't now consider it a foregone conclusion that Hogan is number 2.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I only watched the first half, and then I think one Broncos drive in the second and then went to bed. Will watch the rest this weekend.

Glancing through the last few pages of this thread, I'm surprised so many people are down on Lock. I thought he looked much better this week than last, and that's what we want to see in someone that raw that played the style he did in college.

More concerning for this year, since I expect Lock to be the number three QB, is that Hogan looked worse this week than last. Last week, I thought, "Ok, not a world beater, but if he had to come in and we can run it, we should be ok" but this week in his couple drives, he looked very inconsistent.

While still likely, especially since Rypien didn't play at all, I don't now consider it a foregone conclusion that Hogan is number 2.
    Lock progressed as the defense got softer. No one is saying he’s a failure. Lock has a long lease, and time to get better everyone knows this. Concerning is at the depth of oline and defense. You could see backup player’s frustration (even in a meaningless game). Who wants to get shown up by your former teammate (Lynch). Seahawk fans are very annoying.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Lock progressed as the defense got softer. No one is saying he’s a failure. Lock has a long lease, and time to get better everyone knows this. Concerning is at the depth of oline and defense. You could see backup player’s frustration (even in a meaningless game). Who wants to get shown up by your former teammate (Lynch). Seahawk fans are very annoying.
    Our 3rd and 4th stringers got only themselves to blame, bad angles, poor tackling, stupid penalties and piss poor coverage they made Lynch look good....I guarantee they are getting reamed in film study today....same with our 3rd and 4th string OL and some of the position players.....I think They will talk to Lock about a couple of his bad throws nd maybe the safety...but it was better then last week which is probably what they want to see....I like how the coaching staff is helping to keep him grounded and working hard...

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm just referring to his first couple drivers, compared to last week. He was clearly more comfortable and making better throws/decisions. He wasn't pro ready when drafted, which is OK as Flacco can hopefully function in the Shanahan style offense, so for me, it's simply about seeing him progress week to week and then learn behind a veteran.

19. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Oh cool. You're back for another year of bitching about how much you hate football.

*fart*
    Deal with it cupcake.

Austin Fort tore his ACL and is out for the year

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information