Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullying/harassment

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I just like shooting the shit here with people and sometimes meeting up with them to drink or watch football. The thing I like about this place as opposed to Facebook or Instagram is that we aren't seeing everyone's greatest hits of their life carefully curated, but rather all their faults and shitty hot takes and mood swings. The minute it stops being fun here is when people get personal or say shit online that they would never say to someone's face. If its not welcomed and that fact is made known, it needs to stop. I remember when I was a mod the only thing that led to bans were people not being self-aware enough to know when a joke went too far or when to stop certain behaviors after multiple warnings. Also I was a horrible mod because I didn't care about most of you ******** or your petty complaints.

I come here out of habit on some level, but also because I enjoy this weird little community we have. But like any community not everyone will get along, and that is fine because we tend to have areas we stick to. I could live in the Entertainment forum most of the off season and review movies or see what satan-loving music North is listening to then pop in to draft/training camp threads and read the meltdowns and chuckle. The day I let any of you ******s here ruin my day or make me want to report you is the day I leave this forum forever, but I know not everyone has the android-like emotional core that I do. But if someone came after me after I told them to stop that is when this would become less and less of a habit to me and then how would you guys know what movies to watch or the latest Star Wars news? I mean... google.. but that is besides the point!

If people like busting balls, you can find a place to do that. If you like funny but slightly offensive pics, there is a place for that. If you want to lose all respect deep down for one another, go to P&R! The forum is your oyster, but when someone tries to get up in your business via MHS or Private messages a line has been crossed because you aren't putting yourself out there, that is someone targeting you. Putting out an opinion on Broncos thread is fair game, but going after someone pointedly in private is not.

2. The Following 11 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    No offense to the cool kid club clique that is making life miserable for certain people here, but if a sports fan site is the only place you have that kind of influence and power, what a sorry, lame ass life to live.
    This post was so good it ended my hiatus

Banter is only banter if both enjoy it. If they don't, it's just mean. If it continues it's bullying. It's really that simple no matter what other people think about the behavior or comments made

I can't believe buff is so off the mark on such an issue

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Ok, I'll lay this out clear...

He was banned for bullying a member who had requested not to be anymore. He has not been banned in recent history and protocol calls for 3 days for initial ban.

My posting of the history was to show why I'm not comfortable with his "ribbing" because of the past. We have never gotten along and there is no reason for the 2 of us to have anything to do with each other, yet it still happens.
    I totally understand, agree, think that is a healthy outlook. there are people I don't want to have anything to do with for similar reasons (outside of this group, irl if you will), even after they have changed their behavior. first impressions just weigh too heavy

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I like his humor too. I'm not sure humor, or the appreciation of it, is the issue though.
    it's not appreciated by all, that's all I'm saying. have a good day

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don’t think the rules are applied evenly across the board. Just my opinion.

Also, lol at me, Wave, Beef and WTE being a “clique.”
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

Banter is only banter if both enjoy it. If they don't, it's just mean. If it continues it's bullying. It's really that simple no matter what other people think about the behavior or comments made

Dave I missed you. When you come out here to Denver I am taking you here: https://www.watercoursefoods.com/ I am usually the only one there wearing Broncos gear, but we can dress like cowboys also.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

Also, lol at me, Wave, Beef and WTE being a “clique.”
    You ******s are always sitting at the same table laughing every time I walk by.

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Beef may have crossed the Line but its a bigger problem than him alone im sorry
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The thought of me ever being a part of the "clique" on here would have been hilarious just a few short years ago. I used to be more ridiculed/mocked here than even Shazam.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

I can say that this is true, and simultaneously believe wholeheartedly that the mods really try to apply the rules evenly across the board.

It's a virtually impossible task. Moderation is more an art-form than a science, and thankfully we get to hash these things out here. Also, the mods are human, and therefore imperfect. It's just the way it is.

I probably should not have made the comment I made that kicked this controversy off. Beef's not one to create an "I'm taking my ball and going away" drama, and I inadvertently did it for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I can say that this is true, and simultaneously believe wholeheartedly that the mods really try to apply the rules evenly across the board.

It's a virtually impossible task. Moderation is more an art-form than a science, and thankfully we get to hash these things out here. Also, the mods are human, and therefore imperfect. It's just the way it is.

I probably should not have made the comment I made that kicked this controversy off. Beef's not one to create an "I'm taking my ball and going away" drama, and I inadvertently did it for him.
    I understand the difficulty of it. I understand I’ve made it difficult, but I feel like, despite what Shazam is pussyfooting around, I’ve changed my behavior and am a better poster.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

In principle, I agree with you - I just don't think the facts are as straight forward black & white as they're being presented - and a lot of people are casting stones from their glass houses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

In principle, I agree with you - I just don't think the facts are as straight forward black & white as they're being presented - and a lot of people are casting stones from their glass houses.
    I miss Weazel.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont think a lot of members are spending excessive amounts of time harassing people when they have been asked to stop either.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information