Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullying/harassment

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    That's just the latest - I've been pretty consistent in bitching about the banning of all regulars for like 10 years now... It's just such a wildly silly charade imo for one adult to slap another adult on their wrist in this whole thought policing exercise. I thought we were done with those days when the board changed ownership.
    10 years and you still choose to stay? In the past 2 months there have only been 4 bannings, 2 regulars (who broke the rules and agreed to them when they stayed) and 2 others that were either trolling or had dupe accounts. I dont see this mass problem you seem to think is happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    10 years and you still choose to stay? In the past 2 months there have only been 4 bannings, 2 regulars (who broke the rules and agreed to them when they stayed) and 2 others that were either trolling or had dupe accounts. I dont see this mass problem you seem to think is happening.
    Yeah and I don't see the mass bullying problem so we're even.

Point is - banning people is stupid, it always has been, and in my experience here I'd rather cater to the people being banned than the whiners.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That's just the latest - I've been pretty consistent in bitching about the banning of all regulars for like 10 years now... It's just such a wildly silly charade imo for one adult to slap another adult on their wrist in this whole thought policing exercise. I thought we were done with those days when the board changed ownership.
    Why would you think that?

We've let P&R turn into an absolute shit show not worthy of a look because that's what you all wanted. So now we get to see four posters call each other names.

So fun.

This anti-mod thing has been brought up here before and nearly everyone was opposed.

P&R shows why.
    I opted out of that a long time ago.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Why would you think that?

We've let P&R turn into an absolute shit show not worthy of a look because that's what you all wanted. So now we get to see four posters call each other names.

So fun.

This anti-mod thing has been brought up here before and nearly everyone was opposed.

P&R shows why.
    The Lounge has been mostly great - same moderation approach. P&R is going to be a cesspool by definition because it accurately reflects society.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Point is - banning people is stupid, it always has been, and in my experience here I'd rather cater to the people being banned than the whiners.
    Who are the Whiners? No one complaining.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

We cater to both. Rules are enforced.

Not hard.

8. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

I would hate to see this place turn into that other Broncos site, which is pretty decent overall, but the P&R section is so out of control and hateful that it bleeds over into football talk and makes it less enjoyable. I’m in favor of stronger moderation if it keeps that from happening. At the end of the day, this is a football site.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

We cater to both. Rules are enforced.

Not hard.
    Meh - we should post the complaint log so that all of those whiny losers can be publicly shamed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

But i guess you are in the minority so why not go elsewhere where the moderating is a lot more to your liking? I was part of the Mane for a while but hated how loose the moderating was so i left. I didnt try to change what the majority wanted so i found a board (here) that i was more satisfied with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

But i guess you are in the minority so why not go elsewhere where the moderating is a lot more to your liking? I was part of the Mane for a while but hated how loose the moderating was so i left. I didnt try to change what the majority wanted so i found a board (here) that i was more satisfied with.
    Well if enough good regulars get run off, that'll probably be the logical outcome... I quit the other board for this place once P&R went away and the over-moderation got out of control. It's mostly been a good balance here - but this idea that we need to suspend other rational adults who we've known for a decade because they said something we didn't like is just asinine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well if enough good regulars get run off, that'll probably be the logical outcome... I quit the other board for this place once P&R went away and the over-moderation got out of control. It's mostly been a good balance here - but this idea that we need to suspend other rational adults who we've known for a decade because they said something we didn't like is just asinine.
    I think there is a difference between just a random "disagreement" versus verbally attacking people for just the "hell of it". I mean seriously Buff, if you look at the ban list its 90% of the same offenders and they all have had valid bannings. I would probably agree with you it if was high mixture of different people but the names are generally always the same. At that point the onus is on them to address their online behavior and not the other way around. I miss guys like Weazel but in the end he was the one that made the choice not to come back after his banning but that is his decision, not anyone else's.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

idk Buff is there a real problem?

Why bring it up NOW with 1st game next week?

I get along with nearly everyone except 1 or 2 here so whatever.

I think there is a lot of antagonism going on tho

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'd contend we've lost more good posters to over-moderation and catering to a whiny minority than we have to bullying.
    I think message boards in general are just dying due to the rise of places like Reddit and Twitter to talk about sports. I don't think any change in how this place is moderated will really reverse that trend. Every message board is naturally going to have attrition. What's happening is hardly anyone actually joins message boards anymore, for the reasons listed above. The few message boards I still use pretty much all mostly consist of the same people who have been there for over a decade.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think message boards in general are just dying due to the rise of places like Reddit and Twitter to talk about sports. I don't think any change in how this place is moderated will really reverse that trend. Every message board is naturally going to have attrition. What's happening is hardly anyone actually joins message boards anymore, for the reasons listed above. The few message boards I still use pretty much all mostly consist of the same people who have been there for over a decade.
    Thats actually a valid point, even most music message boards that i am a part or was a part of are a dying breed. There are so many now that can be created on the dime by anyone so the over saturation has played a part in thinning out membership.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I agree with all of this - which is why we ought to be sending thank you cards to anyone who is still a contributing member to the community... Instead we have this weird misguided approach where we feel like we're doing (someone?) a favor by trying to regulate the interactions between like 25 people who all "know" each other...

I think it's different when you've got some random troll who isn't a member of the community negatively contributing -- but on the balance the moderators get it wrong as often as they get it right and I'm arguing we'd be better off to scrap the idea...

Anyway - I really am not losing any sleep about it, and I don't contribute as much as I used to anyway -- I just think it's silly that we still ban people who have literally been here for a decade.

21. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information