Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who Saw the Practice at the Stadium Today...and what did you see?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Thanks Zig...

Dog don't jump my ass for expressing some concern at this stage in camp - but I'm mildly concerned about our WR corps from all the reports I've heard combined with how they finished the year last season.

Also a little discouraged that Fant hasn't really popped yet in camp. We need both position groups to make a big leap for this team to improve. Maybe the improved OL play will start to pay dividends over time.

...Side note: Our interest in Theo Riddick seems to back up the idea that we'll see a lot of passes to RBs.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Thanks Zig...

Dog don't jump my ass for expressing some concern at this stage in camp - but I'm mildly concerned about our WR corps from all the reports I've heard combined with how they finished the year last season.

Also a little discouraged that Fant hasn't really popped yet in camp. We need both position groups to make a big leap for this team to improve. Maybe the improved OL play will start to pay dividends over time.

...Side note: Our interest in Theo Riddick seems to back up the idea that we'll see a lot of passes to RBs.

I think Juwann Winfree can be our marcus Colston from the saints. But he will need a year to really go. I am with you, on paper our WR look great. But when I saw them at practice it was meh. I am really let down by Desean Hamilton. Dude has the quicks and route running, but doesn't get open all that much for some reason. He should be beasting. I do not like Sutton with the drops.

Oddly enough the stupid Cb turned wr has impressed me a ton with his hands. He just sucks. langly. I hope he can stick around only because he can actually catch the football.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Thank you. Dramatic midgets are creepy.
    yet oddly hot. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    By the way, Dalton Risner is going to be very very good for a very long time if he stays healthy.
    i can't remember the last pick i liked this much. . . never thought he'd make it to 41. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Thanks Zig...

but what if i wanna jump your ass?

nah, in all seriousness, i hear ya. . . i'm just not sweating it because my expectations are tempered. . . given the situation as a whole, i simply don't think the offense is going to be all that good this year. . . i want to see progress on the line, and from lock-- and i'm hoping skanks will look like a capable playcaller. . . this team is built to dominate on defense. . . i'm fine with that, and okay with being patient while the offense develops. . . IMO, if lock ends up hitting, we can probably get by with what we have in the receiver group. . . if he doesn't, then we have bigger problems anyway. . .

on a related note, i'm gonna start a thread about fant. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Wete talking about practice

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information