Thread: CBS goes dark for 6.5M customers as contract talks with AT&T break down

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default CBS goes dark for 6.5M customers as contract talks with AT&T break down

Amid tense contract negotiations between CBS and AT&T, the network reportedly went dark for 6.5 million DirecTV, U-verse and DirecTV Now customers across the country Saturday.

Some customers also lost access to CBS Sports Network and the Smithsonian Channel, Deadline.com reported.

AT&T said CBS is a “repeat blackout offender” after weeks of negotiations over pricing and streaming rights broke down, The New York Times reported.
    rest - https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ons-break-down

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I say no to traditional cable and the like.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The way TV does things is such a ripoff. Cable sucks. Having 70 different streaming services sucks.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The way TV does things is such a ripoff. Cable sucks. Having 70 different streaming services sucks.
    I've looked into cutting the cord but it's still just not worth it if you really want all the sports channels. They are way too scattered among all the different services.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I've looked into cutting the cord but it's still just not worth it if you really want all the sports channels. They are way too scattered among all the different services.
    I have a digital antenna that picks up the basic CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS - if it's not too windy that is. If it's not on one of those channels, and if I can't find an illegal stream, then I don't watch it. Which means less sports unfortunately, but I've been able to survive.

Having all of these things spread across a bunch of different streaming apps is going to end up being just as expensive and just as big of a pain in the ass as having cable. I just want to pay for the 3 shows I watch, not the 100 shows I don't watch.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

AT&T blows. I have the UVerse cable. They piss me off so much, but the only alternative is DirecTV and they piss me off just as much. Like abe said, having a bagillion streaming apps becomes just as expensive and much less convenient. I am going to probably switch to DirecTV though because not having the NFL channel sucks (AT&T lost that channel a couple months back).
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    AT&T blows. I have the UVerse cable. They piss me off so much, but the only alternative is DirecTV and they piss me off just as much. Like abe said, having a bagillion streaming apps becomes just as expensive and much less convenient. I am going to probably switch to DirecTV though because not having the NFL channel sucks (AT&T lost that channel a couple months back).
    Only reason I have directv is the Broncos. If the NFL ever sells a streaming package game by game....

11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Only reason I have directv is the Broncos. If the NFL ever sells a streaming package game by game....
    You don't have to have DirecTV to get Sunday Ticket. You can buy it through Roku, Apple TV, etc. That's the one thing that I keep thinking about as well because I hate switching cable providers. I know the channel numbers I like, I have my DVR the way I like it, I don't need to look at my remote to do anything, etc. It's a PITA.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I have Sling for junk food cable like Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, ESPN etc. and and Netflix and Amazon Prime for cheap streaming and At&T gives me HBO for free. All that is still cheaper than the last time I had cable in 2006. Everything else I either buy physical media for movies or shows I really like or just rent of VUDU or something. I am not downloading a separate Disney App, Warner Bros App, or any other crap like that just to watch some "exclusive" show. It sucks because we really did have A la carte TV options for a bit there and then they split everything up again. I do like the quality of shows coming to TV/Streaming, but they way they are getting greedy is just going to push people back to pirating everything.

EDIT: Thank GOD I live in Denver and just get every Broncos game over the air in HD for the most part. Other than that Denver sucks though if you are thinking of moving here... yeah, that's the ticket!

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    One thing I loved last season is that the Yahoo Sports app started streaming select games through their app for free. I watched a few Broncos games like that while being stuck at dumb things like birthday parties for friends and loved ones who don't know what "don't plan things on Sunday, Monday, and sometimes Thursday" means.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information