Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Training camp news and notes

Default Training camp news and notes

Football is back, kind of. We open camp today. Here’s some Elway:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago
    Elway, on whether he expects Drew Lock to be signed by the first practice: “We’ll see."

Ryan O'Halloran‏Verified account @ryanohalloran 7m7 minutes ago
    Elway says "nothing surprises me anymore," when asked if surprised Lock is unsigned. #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago
    Elway on Emmanuel Sanders: "Emmanuel looks good. He's not going to to go on PUP. He'll practice from Day 1. We'll work him in slowly."

James Palmer‏Verified account @JamesPalmerTV 3m3 minutes ago
    The leader in the clubhouse right now at LG in John Elway’s eyes is rookie Dalton Risner.

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 3m3 minutes ago
    On the tight ends group: "We're excited about it. Obviously very young ... we feel like we're in really good position." On Garett Bolles: "I think Mike Munchak will help him tremendously."

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 3m3 minutes ago
    More Elway: "It's an exciting time of year. We've got a lot of work ahead of us. We always have high expectations of ourselves." On expectations: "We know what our goals are. ... We walk into every game with the idea we're going to win."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago
    #Broncos Elway on Expectations. "I will let you guys set that. I never went into a season thinking we would be 10-6. Bottomline is that we have to execute, play well, get a little lucky and play well." #Denver7

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 2m2 minutes ago
    On the new-look secondary: "We have a lot of flexibility ... it gives the coaches a lot of options." On Joe Flacco: "He's got the ability to make every throw, throw with touch and throw the ball downfield ... He moves well in the pocket."

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 26s26 seconds ago
    On Vic Fangio: "He's proven to win and he's proven to be an expert on the defensive side. ... I think he's more than ready." On Courtland Sutton: "He's only scratched the surface of what we think he can do. ... We're thrilled he's on our team."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago
    “everybody is under pressure. We need to win,” #Broncos Elway aaid. #Denver7

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago
    John Elway said trying to solidify the QB position since Peyton Manning retired has been "a battle," but he likes that they've taken shots and is confident Joe Flacco can steady the offense.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago
    Elway, on the QB position and Joe Flacco: “When your football team has confidence in the guy that’s at that position, it makes your team better. What Joe proved and showed our football team is that he can be that guy."

Elway, on Dalton Risner: “I think we’ll try him in some different spots,” but the primary goal will be to get him comfortable at LG.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 17s17 seconds ago
    Elway, on Joe Flacco becoming a Bronco and joining an organization committed to trying to win year in/year out: “I think Joe knows coming in here that he’s going to have a chance to finish it up right."

James Palmer‏Verified account @JamesPalmerTV 10s10 seconds ago
    “In this process, a lot of our players will get to learn a lot about Mr. Bowlen.” - John Elway on the experience of playing in the Hall of Fame game for this team.

4. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Why would they move Risner around? Stick him at left guard. Leave him. Hope he’s an anchor for a decade. Why would you tinker with that?
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 07-17-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Here’s Fangio:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago
    Vic Fangio, on the training-camp schedule: “The rain dictates here that you practice in the morning. We are going to roll the dice on a couple of those afternoon practices because those are all happening after the players have the day off."

Ryan O'Halloran‏Verified account @ryanohalloran 2m2 minutes ago
    Fangio says Scangarello will call offensive plays from coach's box. #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago
    Vic Fangio said Phillip Lindsay "is ready to go. Obviously we'll ease him in."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago
    #Broncos Fangio said it will be adjustment coaching from the sideline. Only once did he do it as a coordinator. #Denver7

Fangio on Sanders, Lindsay: "We'll ease them in, but we'll get them in quickly."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago
    Vic Fangio: “We have some things to figure as to exactly how we align our secondary, how we line the starters up at different positions.” Said in the secondary that they have “versatility,” Kareem Jackson will work at safety and CB.

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 23s23 seconds ago
    Fangio with some classic "back-in-my-day" stories about NFL training camps: Says the Saints had an 80-yard grass field, no cafeteria and guys had to eat at a "greasy deli" nearby for lunch.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8s9 seconds ago
    Fangio said Rich Scangarello has "exceeded" his expectations.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6s6 seconds ago
    Fangio on @VonMiller: "I think he's got more to give. He's got to make himself a better player with us guiding him and giving him resources. He's a guy that should be mentioned for Player of the Year and stuff like that....A guy with his talent level, a little bit becomes a lot."

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Vic Fangio asked again about the longer camp with the HOF game. "First of all, I keep hearing this. But it's like five extra practices."

Vic Fangio: “It’s five extra practices … it’s good. I’m glad we have them. I think it’s a great opportunity … We need it. We’re a new staff, a new team, a lot of new things going on.” There are “no negatives,” he says. Extra game gives an extra chance to evaluate young players.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8s9 seconds ago
    Fangio on @ChrisHarrisJr: "He's going to have to dive in and really learn the ins and outs of what we're doing, because he missed a couple months of that. ... So he's a little bit behind. And he's got 2 positions to play. ... The nickel position is totally different from corner."

Fangio: "We need to put the best combination of players out there. I've often heard, 'Put your best players out there or your best linemen' We need the best combination, and that's what we have to work through. We discussed it last night and we don't know how it will shake out."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 36s37 seconds ago
    Vic Fangio: In the first 2 weeks of camp “We need to be able to build our endurance,” and says they need to be “calloused” to play football “so you’re ready to play in a three-hour, 3:10 game."

Vic, what do you want the identity of this team to be? Fangio: "A winning identity."

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Chris Harris:

Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 3m3 minutes ago
    Chris Harris “we have a lot of potential with this team” #BroncosCountry @KOANewsRadio

.@ChrisHarrisJr: "I think I fit (the system) perfect. ... I like it so far."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago
    Chris Harris Jr. thinks that getting to play zone will help, says that in the past, with the man emphasis, he’s had to play a “hard down” on every down of the game. “I like [the scheme] so far."

.@ChrisHarrisJr: "I've been studying this playbook all summer, so I feel like I'm pretty caught up."

.@ChrisHarrisJr: "I feel like this year I have even more of a chip on my shoulder. If you're not motivated in this league, I don't know what kind of player you are. I don't know if I want to play with you."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago
    Chris Harris Jr. #Broncos @1043TheFan "we need guys that are hungry. We need guys who understand our standard."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 52s53 seconds ago
    Chris Harris Jr., on the 16/18-game proposal: "It’s going to be hard for them to tell me not to play 18 games if I can play … I don’t think that will happen."

Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 1m1 minute ago
    Chris Harris on playing with a 1-year contract “it’s about putting in the work and being confident in yourself. There’s no fear when you put the kind of work I put in” #BroncosCountry @KOANewsRadio

Chris Harris Jr. says he was inspired by how competitive Champ Bailey was “every day” even after playing 15 years. Harris said he was already competitive, but learned more & reached a higher bar by watching Bailey.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Von Miller could have a big couple of years in this defense. Question mark is of course at MLB.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I will have to check these guys out when I am in Denver September 6-12

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Von Miller:

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 44s44 seconds ago
    Von Miller #Broncos @1043TheFan "Chris [Harris] is my guy. I feel like we've grown up together."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 38s39 seconds ago
    Von Miller: "I have a lot to give. I haven't won Defensive Player of the Year ... There's a lot I have to give, and I think as long as I keep that mindset I'll do it. (Vic) has coached all the great ones. Whatever he tells me to do, I'll do it."

Von Miller says he and Bradley Chubb want to play “85, 90 percent” of the snaps. Says Fangio has indicated they will play more this year.

Von Miller asked about the backup OLBs. Mentioned @dekodawatson57: "I don't think there's a guy in the league that has a get-off like Dekoda. He's a special guy."

Von Miller: “Every year is a contract year … especially in the National Football League."

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Von Miller:

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 44s44 seconds ago
    Von Miller #Broncos @1043TheFan "Chris [Harris] is my guy. I feel like we've grown up together."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 38s39 seconds ago
    Von Miller: "I have a lot to give. I haven't won Defensive Player of the Year ... There's a lot I have to give, and I think as long as I keep that mindset I'll do it. (Vic) has coached all the great ones. Whatever he tells me to do, I'll do it."

Von Miller says he and Bradley Chubb want to play “85, 90 percent” of the snaps. Says Fangio has indicated they will play more this year.

Von Miller asked about the backup OLBs. Mentioned @dekodawatson57: "I don't think there's a guy in the league that has a get-off like Dekoda. He's a special guy."

Von Miller: “Every year is a contract year … especially in the National Football League."
    again, I will have to see it for myself. maybe while I'm in Denver September 6-12

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Why would they move Risner around? Stick him at left tackle. Leave him. Hope he’s an anchor for a decade. Why would you tinker with that?

He can play T as well, and RG too. Why not have him as a switch blade that can fill in if needed. Just get him some reps there so he can have a feel for it. Not an always thing. Its not tinkering, its just maximizing his skill and security for us.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    again, I will have to see it for myself. maybe while I'm in Denver September 6-12

Nut, are you going to hit us up when you get here in October 6-12?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    He can play T as well, and RG too. Why not have him as a switch blade that can fill in if needed. Just get him some reps there so he can have a feel for it. Not an always thing. Its not tinkering, its just maximizing his skill and security for us.
    I meant to write left guard (NTL May want to reevaluate his salute). Anyway, my point about sticking him somewhere and leaving him stands.

24. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Risner is from Colorado.

26. The Following 5 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Risner is from Colorado.
    Thanks, Cugel!

28. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information