Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Training camp news and notes

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    They gonna cut a lot of The Walking Dead at TE come 53. If Butt cant show something hes gone, sorry.
    Yeah, I really want to see Butt succeed, but the best ability is availability.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

2. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Yeah, I really want to see Butt succeed, but the best ability is availability.
    I live my life by this.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Moral of the story, I'd be really disappointed if Fangio is just another Fox. I don't want him to rebuild then flame out in 4 years. I want him to be here for the next 10+ years and make us a perineal title contender.
    I don't think he will. The point I was making saying he's fox without the loser mentality is that Fox was a good coach. He turned this team around, but he plays not to lose, which is often playing not to win. Good ole Fox Ball... I don't think Fangio has that same mentality and so he's a good coach with the right attitude to develop a winning team going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If you give VJ PFM capable of throwing the ball...he'd have won 12 games.
    No chance in hell of that...

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    There was McCoy factor too
    HEY! We don't speak that name around here...

8. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

If you give VJ PFM capable of throwing the ball...he'd have won 12 games.
    Well, sure, over the course of two seasons.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Well, sure, over the course of two seasons.
    Are we talking 18 or 20 game seasons?

12. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Mike Evans: "Well for the first 6 days the defense has kicked the offense's butts. It's not a good look so far." It's still early but the defense crushing Denver's offense. They need to get it together for the first pre-season game. I'd like to see Flacco actually connect some throws and the WRs (other than Sanders) not drop about every pass

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos Day 7 Camp report: Offense gets into rhythm

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- In the first six days of practice, the offense seemed to be out of sync.

Sometimes, a frenetic pass rush discombobulated the offense. At others -- particularly in Monday's practice -- the wounds were self-inflicted; that session was marred by drops and bad routes.

Thursday's practice was not perfect for the offense. But with an emphasis on controlled, short-to-intermediate passes to running backs and tight ends and quick slants to the wide receivers, the offense finally got into a rhythm it rarely located during the first week of training camp.

At one point, Flacco targeted running backs or tight ends on five consecutive plays. That paid dividends.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...ts-into-rhythm

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    They gonna cut a lot of The Walking Dead at TE come 53. If Butt cant show something hes gone, sorry.
    I doubt they would just cut him and he has no trade value. Just put him on IR. Then if he's healthy after week 6 you can bring him back. If not he can sit another season. He's under contract for another season next year so if he's not healthy at that point, he can get cut with no salary cap hit.

Nice story about Coach Fangio, his daughter, and training camp.

A day before Vic Fangio started his first training camp as the head coach of the Denver Broncos, he guided his car down a street near UCHealth Training Center as his daughter posed a question.Cassie Fangio wanted to know how her 60-year-old father was feeling. After 32 years as an NFL assistant, he was about to begin his first season as a head coach.

“Are you nervous?” his 22-year-old daughter asked him.

He quickly waved her off. No, he said.

But Cassie, who grew up around the NFL and has spent the start of training camp with her dad and the Broncos, can’t say the same.

“Oh, yeah,” she says after a recent Broncos training camp practice. “I’m very nervous to see what my dad is going to be like on TV and just in charge of the game on the sideline. It’s going to be a change for sure, but I’m excited.”

It’s been a long time coming for both Vic and Cassie. Fangio spent 32 years as an NFL assistant or coordinator before he got the opportunity earlier this year, and he had come to terms with the fact that he might never be destined to earn the top spot.

“It’s obviously something I’ve thought about throughout my career at various times, but I was comfortable enough in my own skin that it didn’t have to happen,” Fangio said at his introductory press conference in January. “I was happy with being a defensive coordinator in the NFL for close to 20 years. If a good situation ever arose and I matched what a certain team was looking for, I’d be all in. I believe I’ve found that here and I’m all in.”

Before he accepted the Denver job earlier this year, though, Cassie wasn’t sure if she would see her dad take the next step in his career.

“I mean, he’s not the youngest guy around," Cassie says jokingly, "so you kind of thought maybe it would never happen."

When it did, his daughter’s reaction was reflective of the work he’s put in during four decades of coaching football at all levels.

“When I first found out, I was pretty much in tears,” Cassie says. “This is what he’s worked for and it’s what my family and I have always wanted for him. He deserves it so much. I see how hard he works outside of the office. He’s the last one to leave every night. He deserves it, and I hope he enjoys it because I know it’s going to be stressful, too. But I hope he enjoys it.”

As he starts his head coaching career, it’s clear he’s enjoying the moments he can spend with his daughter before she heads to Texas for her first job out of college. When the Broncos aren’t on the field for practice, the future U.S. Army nurse and her dad are nearly inseparable.

In the morning Vic and Cassie eat breakfast together. During practice, she stands on the sideline and watches as her father directs some of his first training camp practices. They grab a quick lunch when the morning’s practice wraps up, and she’s around to talk when her dad gets home after a long night at the office.
    the rest is here: https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...ween-hc-vic-fa
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Okay? Saying he won a SB after someone argues he won it in the back of a roster and defense he had little to do with is a bad rebuttal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Okay? Saying he won a SB after someone argues he won it in the back of a roster and defense he had little to do with is a bad rebuttal.
    Then why didn't the previous HC win a title?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5ac5528990bad.image.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	14613
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Stop hatin on Kubes bro he's a Bronco through and through.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information