Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 476

Thread: Training camp news and notes

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    10,098

    Default

    Butt will just never be healthy


  2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:


  3. #422
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    10,098

    Default

    I hear we’re looking for LB help


  4. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:


  5. #423
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    13,413

    Default

    Butt is a goner. Fumagalli, Heurman, Fant... He can never stay healthy.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  6. #424

    Default

    Butt's knees remind me of Courtney Brown whose micro-fracture surgery left his knees flaring up every he tried to play. The #1 overall pick of the first round he never lived up to his draft status either in Cleveland or Denver because he had a bone on bone condition in both knees.

    Courtney played a key role in the 2005 season where the Broncos went 13-3 and got to the AFC Championship, but had to retire shortly thereafter.

    I think Butt is going to have to spend another season on IR and give it another go next spring. I don't know if the Broncos are going to want to keep him on the active 53 man roster but they could just bite the bullet and designate him for IR on August 31, which would preclude him from coming back this year.

    Keeping him on the 53 man roster and then designating him for IR would leave him eligible to return at some point. Or they could just give up on him altogether.

    Still, neither Fant, nor Fumagalli, nor Heurmann are exactly great at this point, and Heurmann and Fumagalli have been hurt themselves. I see the Broncos keeping 4 TEs and hoping that maybe 3 of them will be healthy enough to play most of the games.

  7. #425
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    13,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Butt's knees remind me of Courtney Brown whose micro-fracture surgery left his knees flaring up every he tried to play. The #1 overall pick of the first round he never lived up to his draft status either in Cleveland or Denver because he had a bone on bone condition in both knees.

    Courtney played a key role in the 2005 season where the Broncos went 13-3 and got to the AFC Championship, but had to retire shortly thereafter.

    I think Butt is going to have to spend another season on IR and give it another go next spring. I don't know if the Broncos are going to want to keep him on the active 53 man roster but they could just bite the bullet and designate him for IR on August 31, which would preclude him from coming back this year.

    Keeping him on the 53 man roster and then designating him for IR would leave him eligible to return at some point. Or they could just give up on him altogether.

    Still, neither Fant, nor Fumagalli, nor Heurmann are exactly great at this point, and Heurmann and Fumagalli have been hurt themselves. I see the Broncos keeping 4 TEs and hoping that maybe 3 of them will be healthy enough to play most of the games.
    Can you possibly see a scenario where he will last a full season? He played what, 10 snaps vRams and hes not practicing again?

    Cant wait on him anymore. Broncos need production out of TE desperately. Butt is clearly not the answer.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  8. #426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Can you possibly see a scenario where he will last a full season? He played what, 10 snaps vRams and hes not practicing again?

    Cant wait on him anymore. Broncos need production out of TE desperately. Butt is clearly not the answer.
    You think they would just cut him? If they keep him on the 53 after August 31, they can immediately designate him for IR, then add an additional player from some other team's roster after their cuts.

    Due to the horrible lack of depth on this team, the Broncos are expected to add several players released by other teams: PR/KR, ILB, WR, TE, OL are all possibilities. There aren't 53 quality players on this team.

    And when has Elway just given up on one of his draft picks before he absolutely has to? Unless they just don't want to pay him any more they would let him rehab for a season. Besides their TEs are hardly reliable. They could even add a TE from the waiver wire.

  9. #427

    Default

    Besides, Butt wouldn't start anyway. They will start Heuerman (veteran) then Fant (1st round pick) before Butt. So, he's more of a depth player anyway.

    I suppose they could cut him, but I'd be surprised.

  10. #428
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, dalton risner
    Posts
    36,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Agreed on all counts, though I would point out that most of the Steeler WR finds not named Emmanuel Sanders turn out to be sociopaths and/or lunatics
    antonio brown is obvious, but i'm not sure who else you're referring to. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  11. #429
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons
    Posts
    30,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    antonio brown is obvious, but i'm not sure who else you're referring to. . .
    Santonio ring a bell?

  12. #430
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    20,078

    Default

    people knew butt would be a multiple year thing. its why he was a first rounder that dropped so far.

    i am more interested in who they are planning to sign since a couple people were cut.

    I want to see Hogan replaced by Sloter. Vikings may have to release.

  13. #431
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    22,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    antonio brown is obvious, but i'm not sure who else you're referring to. . .


    The other guy whom the raiders traded a 3rd rd pick for last year. Hes fast af. Drug problems i think. Super fast, looks like s lunatic. He ripped us apart as a steeler a few years ago.


    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    people knew butt would be a multiple year thing. its why he was a first rounder that dropped so far.

    i am more interested in who they are planning to sign since a couple people were cut.

    I want to see Hogan replaced by Sloter. Vikings may have to release.


    Clive walford from.miami. I'd like to see him be picked up.
    Tuff Buff
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    You start with a half pint of beer, you must take two drinks, add something and pass it on!! One day we had all sorts in there, and my mate squatted in a massive log, the next guy never took two drinks and added to it - he necked the whole thing, chewed down that turd!
    He was pretty famous after that

  14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:


  15. #432
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    21,123

    Default

    Clive Wolford, Jordan Leggett.

    I hope they keep Butt around, you can see how good he is when he's on the field, Butt at 80% is better than the other stiffs at 100%.
    Last edited by Jaded; 08-28-2019 at 01:17 AM.
    "Run through a mother****er face, they just ain't gonna want that."
    "You have to hate what you're firing at! Hate it!"
    “I already cashed that check ... **** you”.

    War Pop/Little Boy!

    Charles Snowden OLB, Paulson Adebo CB, Justin Herbert QB, Jacob Phillips/Patrick Queen ILB, Isaiah Simmons ILB, D’Andre Swift RB. LaViska Shenault WR. LaVonte Taylor NB. Steven Montez QB. Tristan Wirfs RT/G, Jalen Hurts QB. Binjimin Victor WR, Javon Kinlaw DE, Andrew Thomas/Isaiah Wilson T. Leki Fotu NT.

  16. #433
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    20,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    antonio brown is obvious, but i'm not sure who else you're referring to. . .
    Ju-Ju is pretty good, but was a 2nd round pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Timmy's right
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

  17. #434
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    5,603

    Default

    I expect Butt to get put on IR or PUP maybe if that's possible. In any case if he doesn't see the field this year I don't expect him to be in Denver much longer enough is enough. Hopefully Heurman stays healthy because he isn't that bad, just always hurt, I'm kind of over him as well, enough is enough.... I expect us to grab a TE and LB and a return specialist from another team after cuts happen
    Prove me wrong Flacco! Otherwise in Lock I trust!


    2020

    DL- Derrick Brown, AJ Epenensa, Raekwon Davis
    CB- Jeff Okudah or Paulson Adebo
    OL- Andrew Thomas

  18. #435

    Default

    There's virtually no advantage from cutting Jake Butt.

    Jake Butt signed a 4 year, $2,700,938 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $300,938 signing bonus, $300,938 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $675,235. In 2019, Butt will earn a base salary of $645,000, while carrying a cap hit of $720,234 and a dead cap value of $150,470.
    They would save about $500k of salary. That's peanuts for a team with a $195,000,000 salary cap in 2019. If he could come back in November sometime after Heuerman inevitably goes back on IR and have 1 great game and score a winning TD it would be worth it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Training camp practice / press conference notes
    By VonDoom in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 2149
    Last Post: 09-03-2017, 10:28 AM
  2. Training Camp Notes - Monday - 8-15
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group