Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Training camp news and notes

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Kevin Hogan to start Pro Football Hall of Fame game, Drew Lock and Brett Rypien to follow at QB

article - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/k...brett-rypien-t

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck
    ‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    12m12 minutes ago

McGovern, Bolles, Risner will play a few snaps. Bolles is starter at LT. Fangio said he’s had a great camp and is the “starter hands down.” #Denver7

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Troy Renck
    12m12 minutes ago

McGovern, Bolles, Risner will play a few snaps. Bolles is starter at LT. Fangio said he’s had a great camp and is the “starter hands down.” #Denver7
    Munch at work?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Kevin Hogan to start Pro Football Hall of Fame game, Drew Lock and Brett Rypien to follow at QB

article - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/k...brett-rypien-t
    I ****in love it amd cant wait for Thurs. I wanna really see these young QBs.

I wanna see more of what Rypien has honestly. I love wht they did here. Hes like an insurance policy should the unlikely event taht Lock is not ready for primetime.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Troy Renck
    12m12 minutes ago

let the crying commence. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Fangio details plan for first game as head coach
    Vic Fangio explains how he'll operate during his first game as the head coach of the Denver Broncos.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...-as-head-coach

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

OC Scangarello: Coaching from the box 'a lot easier'
    Offensive Coordinator Rich Scangarello talks about the Broncos' plan for the team's first preseason game and why he likes to coach from the box.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...x-a-lot-easier

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Donatell on DeMarcus Walker: 'Everyone says his play has spiked'
    Defensive Coordinator Ed Donatell talks about what he's seen from third-year defensive lineman DeMarcus Walker so far during training camp.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...lay-has-spiked

McMahon: A different player will return each punt vs. Falcons
    Special Teams Coordinator Tom McMahon explains what he'll look for from the team's potential punt returners and the young players on Thursday against the Falcons.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...unt-vs-falcons

Hogan focused only on what he can control
    Kevin Hogan says he's thankful for the opportunity to start this Thursday's Pro Football Hall of Fame game.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...he-can-control

Drew Lock hoping to be 'really clean quarterback' in first outing
    Drew Lock talks about his expectations for his first NFL game, as the Broncos face the Falcons on Thursday.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...n-first-outing

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

McMahon: A different player will return each punt vs. Falcons
    maybe one of them will even manage to not completely blow. . .

it's good to hear that walker has shown something-- i was really hoping the new staff could get some production out of him. . . it would be huge if we could get some interior push to complement the savages coming off the edge. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not quite Broncos related, but presented without comment...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/vikings...onsistent/amp/

In Vikings backup QB battle, Kyle Sloter has been inconsistent

In the battle between Sean Mannion and Kyle Sloter for the Vikings backup quarterback spot, it appears early that Mannion has the edge.

Mannion has been getting the majority of the second-team reps, which has led to some shaky performances from Sloter.

Sloter isn’t making excuses, well, actually he kind of is.

“I’m not one to make excuses, but it’s tough because right now they’re giving Sean the reps,’’ Sloter said via the Pioneer Press. “I know I’ve got to be on point with the few reps that I do get. But I think that there’s a pretty clear reason why practice isn’t necessarily always 100 percent smooth is because I’m not out there getting the reps.

Of course, it’s hard to prove yourself if you’re not getting the opportunity, but it’s up to Sloter to take advantage of the opportunities he gets.
    Last season, Sloter outplayed Trevor Siemian in preseason play, but Siemian still ended up as the team’s backup quarterback.
    This is still very early in the process, obviously, considering we are less than a week into camp. But through the first week, Mannion is in the lead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

I wanna see more of what Rypien has honestly. I love wht they did here. Hes like an insurance policy should the unlikely event taht Lock is not ready for primetime.
    They're both rookies, if Lock isn't ready doesn't mean by any stretch that Rypien will be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

They're both rookies, if Lock isn't ready doesn't mean by any stretch that Rypien will be.
    I dont expect them to be anything but rookies in a preseason game.

Some good stuff from Yahoo's Charles Robinson here:

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    39m
    I’m departing my Denver #Broncos camp visit with a surprisingly full notebook. Here’s a thread emptying some of it out...

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    38m
    1. After arriving to camp in the low 230’s in 2018, LB Von Miller is a rocked up 250 this year for #Broncos. His power addition has been remarkable. So much so, Miller is almost unusable as a teaching tool in 1 on 1 drills because he destroys his opposing lineman every single rep

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    37m
    2. I’ll have a story about it down the line, but some #Broncos personnel guys are amped to see the way players respond to Vic Fangio and Mike Munchak. A few guys were quietly seething over the nonchalance of some players in 2018 practices. They’ve been happy with a renewed focus.

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    36m
    3. FWIW, no #Broncos player has managed to get to the facility before QB Joe Flacco. It‘s gotten to the point that some defensive guys have started a challenge to see if someone can beat Flacco into the building. Earliest attempt has been just before 6 am. Flacco was already in.

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    35m
    4. #Broncos are feeling really good about RB Royce Freeman right now. To the point that they are hoping to finally establish the true split-touch situation that they envisioned between Freeman and Phillip Lindsay last season. They feel like that plan is fully on track for 2019.

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    35m
    5. #Broncos offense could still use some more vocal leadership. Flacco isn’t quite that guy. Phillip Lindsay brings juice, but there have been a lot of dropped passes in camp and the staff would like to see some vet players rip ass occasionally over mistakes. A work in progress.

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    34m
    6. For all the talk about pass rush guys in Fangio’s scheme, #Broncos staff likes the potential of players like CB Chris Harris and FS Justin Simmons being playmaking machines in the secondary. Some zone looks will provide those guys a litany of aggressive turnover opportunities.

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    33m
    7. Young #Broncos of note: WR Courtland Sutton (big up arrow); rookie G Dalton Risner (already helping LT Garett Bolles); DE DeMarcus Walker (“most pleasant surprise of the spring/summer”); OLB Bradley Chubb (Big leadership step. Also playing Khalil Mack role in Fangio’s scheme).

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    32m
    8. Rookie QB Drew Lock’s preseason games will be huge if he intends to ascend to backup. The biggest struggle the #Broncos staff can see is his processing of info and just moving things quickly. Tools are apparent, but fans shouldn’t be alarmed if he’s the No. 3 QB to start 2019.

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    ·
    32m
    9. Undrafted rookie TE Austin Fort could end up taking someone’s job on #Broncos final roster. He’s fast, agile, making plays, and has some development potential. Unless he tanks in the exhibition opportunities, it’s unlikely he could be a practice squad stash. He’s one to watch.

Charles Robinson
    @CharlesRobinson
    10. Everyone is talking about Vic Fangio and Mike Munchak, but an underrated addition on the coaching staff appears to be OLB assistant Brandon Staley, who came over from the #Bears with Fangio. Von Miller said Staley is a pretty hands-on teacher who is adding a lot to the OLBs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That note about Miller beefing up and being unblockable gets me feeling funny down below.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Not quite Broncos related, but presented without comment...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/vikings...onsistent/amp/
    Still better than Simien Lynch Keenum or Osweiler.

23. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information