Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: NBA Power Rankings: Who are the league's best teams now?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,
    Posts
    43,540

    Default NBA Power Rankings: Who are the league's best teams now?

    In our post-Finals Power Rankings, we asked whether offseason chaos was on the horizon.

    Welp.

    Free agency saw Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving team up in Brooklyn, D'Angelo Russell join the Splash Brothers, Jimmy Butler take his talents to South Beach and Tobias Harris and Kristaps Porzingis sign max deals with Philly and Dallas, respectively. And that was just the first 24 hours!

    The league has changed seemingly overnight, and we're here to make sense of where all 30 teams stand heading into a highly anticipated 2019-20 season.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...best-teams-now

    Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris Jr.
    Posts
    18,442

    Default

    2. Denver

  3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,736

    Default

    The Lakers are criminally underrated in that article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, dalton risner
    Posts
    36,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The Lakers are criminally underrated in that article.
    too high. . . the jazz are better, and the warriors may still be as well, if they get a healthy klay back for the playoffs. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    too high. . . the jazz are better, and the warriors may still be as well, if they get a healthy klay back for the playoffs. . .
    I disagree. The two best players on the court are LBJ and AD. The Jazz are also trotting out the most overrated player in the league in Rudy Gobert. But that's a different discussion for a different day. Boogie was playing well last year, and he still had moments in the finals when he was clearly hurt. He won't be what he was, but he's still one of the better centers in the league, with potential to be very, very good.

    The Jazz are a very good team, and I do believe they should receive a high ranking, but not higher than the Lakers.
    GSW could be very, very good. The reports of their death are probably vastly overstated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    68,673

    Default

    I had to fix an error in that article.

    1. Portland Trail Blazers
    2018-19 record: 53-29
    2020 title odds: 25-1
    Previous rank: No. 10

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I had to fix an error in that article.

    1. Portland Trail Blazers
    2018-19 record: 53-29
    2020 title odds: 25-1
    Previous rank: No. 10
    My man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  9. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    40,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I disagree. The two best players on the court are LBJ and AD. The Jazz are also trotting out the most overrated player in the league in Rudy Gobert. But that's a different discussion for a different day. Boogie was playing well last year, and he still had moments in the finals when he was clearly hurt. He won't be what he was, but he's still one of the better centers in the league, with potential to be very, very good.

    The Jazz are a very good team, and I do believe they should receive a high ranking, but not higher than the Lakers.
    GSW could be very, very good. The reports of their death are probably vastly overstated.
    Yeah, there is no way the jazz are better than the Lakers if both are fully healthy. That's just flat out disrespectful to LeBron and AD. I think people forget just how good AD is. He was in the MVP discussion last year before all the trade drama started.

    Right now I think there are 3 tiers in the West. Tier 1 is LAC, LAL, and Denver. Tier 2 is Houston, Utah, and Portland. Tier 3 is a glob of teams vying for those last 2 spots including GS, SA, New Orleans, Dallas, Sac, and OKC. If Klay comes back healthy I'd bump GS up to borderline T1/T2.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  12. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    40,895

    Default

    Looking at all that, I really do think the 7 seed is about the ceiling for GS if Klay misses most of the year. If they finish in that 7/8 range and Klay comes back, that's going to be a dynamite first round series against one of those top teams.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, there is no way the jazz are better than the Lakers if both are fully healthy. That's just flat out disrespectful to LeBron and AD. I think people forget just how good AD is. He was in the MVP discussion last year before all the trade drama started.

    Right now I think there are 3 tiers in the West. Tier 1 is LAC, LAL, and Denver. Tier 2 is Houston, Utah, and Portland. Tier 3 is a glob of teams vying for those last 2 spots including GS, SA, New Orleans, Dallas, Sac, and OKC. If Klay comes back healthy I'd bump GS up to borderline T1/T2.
    The Lakers have two top five players, and everyone's trying to hate.

    Rudy Gorbert doesn't want The Brow to run up on him like that. The Lakers pick-and-roll offense could be historic.

    Regarding your tiers: I don't disagree much. The Clippers are ahead of everyone, but not by all that much. The Lakers have to two top five players. Denver has a great center, arguably the best in the league, and a great overall roster. That's a tough team.

    Houston has a chance to be a top tier team. As much as I don't value RWB's empty stats, he does have a lot of value. The NBA is about talent more than anything else - if that backcourt does function, that's a dangerous team. I suspect Houston to be around a four or five seed. Utah is very good, but they don't have a single star player in a star driven league. Portland is dope as ****, and they could upset anyone.

    As much as I wanted Kawhi, and the glory that comes with that signing, the West is wider open again.

    I'm guessing either LBJ or Curry wins MVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PFT power rankings has Denver dead last in the league
    By broncofaninfla in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 03:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group