Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why Peyton Manning Turned Down Monday Night Football

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

manning is already part-owner of the memphis grizzlies (though it's in his wife's name). . . i don't see it as much of a stretch to think he'd like to be involved in an NFL ownership group someday. . . he can still be an ambassador for the game-- or maybe ambassador to ireland, like rooney was. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    What do you contribute to the conversation by being deliberately stupid?

You know perfectly well my point is true. Elway took a business opportunity to create great wealth, enough to make him an owner in the Arena League.

That wasn't a step in itself but part of his plan to get back into football at the owner level. Essentially he's acting as the Broncos Owner right now, running the Football Operations.

But, to really run a team permanently, he'd have to be at least part owner. So, that's commonly expected to be his next step somewhere, perhaps in Denver.

Now what part of that mass of obviousness do you object to? Are you really that far out of the loop that you think "you don't know what Peyton wants"?

What the frig else would Peyton want? He has a couple of hundred Million $. He doesn't have to work.

Peyton has long been thought by all his former teammates and radio commenters to want to do the same thing. To become a team owner. And run things. His way.

And perhaps as part of that he becomes an NFL team president somewhere and runs an organization, like Elway.
    No one knows if your point is true because there is no hard evidence that I'm aware of to support what you just said. You keep acting you're some that Manning and Elway confide in.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    No one knows if your point is true because there is no hard evidence that I'm aware of to support what you just said. You keep acting you're some that Manning and Elway confide in.
    No, actually I keep acting like someone who is paying attention to Broncos news on the radio, TV and on the internet, from Broncos beat reporters and the like. There is quite a lot of news on that front, but apparently you are taking a long summer's nap.

In short, you pay no attention to what insiders are saying, then you complain "I never head that! HOw do you know?" Then I tell you what a LOT of people are saying is taken for granted as obvious stuff, then you complain "You don't know that! Fake news!" Etc. Round and round.

The problem is that you aren't listening, then when I say something simple and obvious like "Peyton would like to become a part owner and potentially run a team" you act like it's some wild, unheard of rumor.

Its not. It's not "hard evidence" because there can be NO "hard evidence" until Peyton does something, but it's not mere wild speculation either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    No, actually I keep acting like someone who is paying attention to Broncos news on the radio, TV and on the internet, from Broncos beat reporters and the like. There is quite a lot of news on that front, but apparently you are taking a long summer's nap.

In short, you pay no attention to what insiders are saying, then you complain "I never head that! HOw do you know?" Then I tell you what a LOT of people are saying is taken for granted as obvious stuff, then you complain "You don't know that! Fake news!" Etc. Round and round.

The problem is that you aren't listening, then when I say something simple and obvious like "Peyton would like to become a part owner and potentially run a team" you act like it's some wild, unheard of rumor.

Its not. It's not "hard evidence" because there can be NO "hard evidence" until Peyton does something, but it's not mere wild speculation either.
    There are a lot of people who have paid attention myself included and we don't make things up out of thin air. As far insiders come on, your go to "insider" is DMac the most unreliable reporter out there.

Yeah it is wild speculation when your "reliable sources" are the DMacs of the world.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'd be surprised if 18 didn't try his hand at football management/ownership at some point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information