Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: 2019 off-season thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the North
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, terrell davis, dr. velcro
    Posts
    36,512

    Default 2019 off-season thread

    woj and others now reporting that both kyrie and durant will sign with the nets. . . aaand just like that, golden state's run is likely over. . . star-struck fanbois wanted to crown them the best team of all time, but in the end, they will probably finish with three titles. . . exactly half as many as the six the vaunted MJ bulls ended up with, but that's only because that punk shot mike's dad. . . just goes to show you that the bulls truly were the G.O.A.T. squad, that no one else really comes close, and that no one is ever likely to. . .

    yes, the warriors managed to eclipse chicago's legendary 72-win season. . . by a whopping one game, and the effort cost them so much they came up short in the finals that year. . . 6-0 >>> 3-2 every damn time-- let alone 6-0 >>> whatever sorry finals record lebron has. . .


    reports also have kemba walker headed to boston to replace pea-brain irving. . . now we just need to see where kawhi and jimmy butler land, and all the major dominos will be in place. . . i'm hoping they both stay put-- particularly the king in the north. . . IF that happens, we could actually see a wide-open NBA title race for the first time in about a decade. . . let's make this thing fun again! just a bunch of excellent teams, no manufactured superteams. . . would be beautiful timing for a nuggets squad that is absolutely stacked with nasty young talent. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the North
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, terrell davis, dr. velcro
    Posts
    36,512

    Default

    PBT reporting that the bucks will re-sign both brook lopez and kris middleton. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    woj and others now reporting that both kyrie and durant will sign with the nets. . . aaand just like that, golden state's run is likely over. . . star-struck fanbois wanted to crown them the best team of all time, but in the end, they will probably finish with three titles. . . exactly half as many as the six the vaunted MJ bulls ended up with, but that's only because that punk shot mike's dad. . . just goes to show you that the bulls truly were the G.O.A.T. squad, that no one else really comes close, and that no one is ever likely to. . .

    yes, the warriors managed to eclipse chicago's legendary 72-win season. . . by a whopping one game, and the effort cost them so much they came up short in the finals that year. . . 6-0 >>> 3-2 every damn time-- let alone 6-0 >>> whatever sorry finals record lebron has. . .


    reports also have kemba walker headed to boston to replace pea-brain irving. . . now we just need to see where kawhi and jimmy butler land, and all the major dominos will be in place. . . i'm hoping they both stay put-- particularly the king in the north. . . IF that happens, we could actually see a wide-open NBA title race for the first time in about a decade. . . let's make this thing fun again! just a bunch of excellent teams, no manufactured superteams. . . would be beautiful timing for a nuggets squad that is absolutely stacked with nasty young talent. . .
    Well, the two teams that three-peated are different, and the GSW has a claim to the best team ever with Durant, going off of an individual season. Not sure that's being a fanboi.

    They also did blow that lead, which is pretty funny and will never be forgotten, which is why they're not the best ever, IMO, without Durant. With Durant the rules of the era probably dictate the winner.

    Regarding LBJ, dude has an argument to be the GOAT, although I'm not sold yet. Not sure that he's really all that sorry, or his record is sorry, within the context of his career. He's had more success as an individual than many franchises have.

    Kawhi should come home and be a Laker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,
    Posts
    43,360

    Default Kevin Durant to sign with Brooklyn Nets, Kyrie Irving reportedly will join him

    NBA star Kevin Durant will sign a four-year deal to play for the Brooklyn Nets, bringing an abrupt end to one of the most hotly anticipated sagas of the league's free agency season.

    Durant's decision was confirmed in an Instagram post on an account for The Boardroom, an online series looking at sports business produced by the superstar and business partner Rich Kleiman. However, Fox Sports and other outlets reported that Durant was bound for Brooklyn approximately one hour before the official 6 p.m. ET Sunday start of the NBA's free agency period.

    ESPN reported that Durant's contract will be worth $164 million. The deal cannot be officially signed until July 6 because of the league's annual moratorium.

    The Golden State Warriors were expected to offer Durant a five-year, $221 million contract to remain with the team, one year and $57 million more than any other team could have offered. The New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers were also reported to be pursuing Durant.
    rest - https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kevin...deandre-jordan

    Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

  7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,
    Posts
    43,360

    Default

    Source: Knicks didn't want to offer KD max deal
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...er-kd-max-deal

    Horford leaves Celtics to join Sixers for $109M
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...in-sixers-109m

    Sixers retain Harris with five-year, $180M deal
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...year-180m-deal

    Sources: Pacers land Brogdon, reach $85M deal
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...reach-85m-deal

    Reports: Jimmy Butler to Heat in sign-and-trade deal
    https://www.nba.com/article/2019/06/...eat-sign-trade

    Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

  9. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Source: Knicks didn't want to offer KD max deal
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...er-kd-max-deal

    Horford leaves Celtics to join Sixers for $109M
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...in-sixers-109m

    Sixers retain Harris with five-year, $180M deal
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...year-180m-deal

    Sources: Pacers land Brogdon, reach $85M deal
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...reach-85m-deal

    Reports: Jimmy Butler to Heat in sign-and-trade deal
    https://www.nba.com/article/2019/06/...eat-sign-trade
    Knicks should have made the offer.

    Horford is savvy.

    Sixers gamble hard.

    Brogdon...is..worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the North
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, terrell davis, dr. velcro
    Posts
    36,512

    Default

    unless he's just about that beach life, i don't really get why butler wanted to go to miami. . .

    the bucks ownership could end up regretting going cheap on brogdon in a HUGE way. . . it saves them some immediate coin, but it also lessens their championship odds-- which will in turn cost them money, if they miss out on a title (or titles) they could have won. . . more importantly, did they really want to let giannis know before he signs his extension that they aren't committed to doing everything in their power to put the best possible team around him?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    unless he's just about that beach life, i don't really get why butler wanted to go to miami. . .

    the bucks ownership could end up regretting going cheap on brogdon in a HUGE way. . . it saves them some immediate coin, but it also lessens their championship odds-- which will in turn cost them money, if they miss out on a title (or titles) they could have won. . . more importantly, did they really want to let giannis know before he signs his extension that they aren't committed to doing everything in their power to put the best possible team around him?
    They missed the playoffs barely last year and he has a lot of faith in Pat Riley. Which, to be fair, makes sense because it's Pat Riley.

    The Bucks ownership managed to keep most of those guys together. I don't know if I would want to be in that position, because if Giannis wants another star player soon, it'll be hard to get them. I don't think they could have kept all of those guys, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the North
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, terrell davis, dr. velcro
    Posts
    36,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    They missed the playoffs barely last year and he has a lot of faith in Pat Riley. Which, to be fair, makes sense because it's Pat Riley.

    The Bucks ownership managed to keep most of those guys together. I don't know if I would want to be in that position, because if Giannis wants another star player soon, it'll be hard to get them. I don't think they could have kept all of those guys, right?
    they could have kept brogdon (they had his rights), but it would have put them into the luxury tax. . .

    meanwhile in new york. . . the knicks continue to be lovable losers. . . they traded off porzingis for cap space because they were gonna get kyrie and durant-- and draft zion. . . instead, they now have julius randle and taj freaking gibson for approximately the same cost as one of those guys. . . bwahaha!!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  16. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    40,733

    Default

    At this point I feel like Knicks fans have the right to jump ship with zero criticism. What a complete failure that organization is.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    they could have kept brogdon (they had his rights), but it would have put them into the luxury tax. . .

    meanwhile in new york. . . the knicks continue to be lovable losers. . . they traded off porzingis for cap space because they were gonna get kyrie and durant-- and draft zion. . . instead, they now have julius randle and taj freaking gibson for approximately the same cost as one of those guys. . . bwahaha!!
    Yeah...gotta pay it then. It's why I hate small market teams that are making money and then won't shell out. It's why I wish the NBA had no cap so the teams that cared weren't punished because of the lessers.

    The Knicks aren't lovable - they're morons. I feel badly for their fans. They can't grow hope in the garden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  19. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Izzy Mac
    Posts
    23,420

    Default

    “The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

  20. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:


  21. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,518

    Default

    I nominate Wave and Abe to run the Knicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  22. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


  23. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Izzy Mac
    Posts
    23,420

    Default

    Me as part owner of the Knicks:

    “The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

  24. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:


  25. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,518

    Default

    If Kawhi becomes a Laker (and I'm skeptical) I will...I will actually be a happy person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  26. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 playoff thread
    By dogfish in forum NBA
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 06-18-2019, 11:05 PM
  2. Broncos 2019 UDFA thread
    By VonDoom in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-12-2019, 12:11 AM
  3. 2019 Broncos Draft Thread 04/25/19 - 04/27/19
    By sneakers in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 1517
    Last Post: 04-29-2019, 09:12 AM
  4. Northman's 2019 Mock Draft Thread.
    By Northman in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 04-26-2019, 04:16 PM
  5. The 2018-2019 College Basketball Thread
    By Northman in forum High School and College
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 04-24-2019, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group