Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: What was the most fun Broncos non-super bowl season?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Buffalo is turning into a dump.
    Buffalo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NYC. I've had a lot of fun in Buffalo, and didn't feel cheated every time I ordered a meal
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Buffalo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NYC. I've had a lot of fun in Buffalo, and didn't feel cheated every time I ordered a meal
    Oh I didnt say NYC was on my A list far from it. The Bronx is a rathole, SI is a waste site and Manhattan I wouldn't even think of driving in.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Buffalo has a dump of a stadium not just as a team. Or so they say.
    April Showers and Easter!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Buffalo has a dump of a stadium not just as a team. Or so they say.
    Its a Relic... But I kinda like old stadiums

5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    11. We knew there was no chance for long-term success with Tim, but it sure was fun to watch.
    This seems the only answer. Nothing was expected of that team and crazy things happened. The Pats game obviously was pathetic but it was certainly interesting.

96 is the most insane choice to me. The only non-SB year that possibly hurt on the same level is owed to Rahim Moore. Enjoyable? Not to me. It was like a wild relationship where all you remember in the end was the scorched-earth breakup.

05 I thought Denver overachieved and was prepared for the luck to run out. Was never totally sold on that squad so I was bummed but not devastated - I really saw the Steelers’ loss coming. In hindsight that was a better team than I gave them credit for at the time. Loved Anderson that season.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 07-21-2019 at 04:51 PM.

7. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    11. We knew there was no chance for long-term success with Tim, but it sure was fun to watch.
    This seems the only answer. Nothing was expected of that team and crazy things happened. The Pats game obviously was pathetic but it was certainly interesting.

96 is the most insane choice to me. The only non-SB year that possibly hurt on the same level is owed to Rahim Moore. Enjoyable? Not to me. It was like a wild relationship where all you remember in the end was the scorched-earth breakup.

05 I thought Denver overachieved and was prepared for the luck to run out. Was never totally sold on that squad so I was bummed but not devastated - I really saw the Steelers’ loss coming. In hindsight that was a better team than I gave them credit for at the time. Loved Anderson that season.
    Once Pitt beat Indy and had to come to Denver I thought they were gonna be Super. Still was a great year.

Once Pitt beat Indy and had to come to Denver I thought they were gonna be Super. Still was a great year.
    2005 was nice, but 2003 should have been what 2005 was. Injuries prevented that. I have always said that the 03 Broncos were better than the 05 version.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

2005 - Was so much fun because of how dominant Champ Bailey was, Jake Plummer looked pretty good with Ashley Lelie's surfing TD celebrations. Went to my first ever regular season Broncos game in Buffalo, which was a Sunday/Monday nighter (I forget which), was such a memorable season along with beating the Pats in the playoffs.

2011 - As everyone else stated Tim Tebow 4th quarter heroics was something I don't think NFL fans have ever quite seen.

2008 - Felt like a fun season because Jay Cutler felt like at the time he was going to make an eventual step to becoming an elite level talent. Eddie Royal looked class, Brandon Marshall was well on his way to becoming a top WR in the league. Peyton Hillis felt like a force coming out of the back field. Felt like we had a young offensive team that could do some damage for years to come.

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    They drink like fishes because they live in Buffalo! Have you ever been to Buffalo in the winter? There is no other way to survive a winter in Buffalo if you're not stone drunk from November through April.

Of course they're pretty much drunk all the other times of the year too, so maybe I'm wrong about that.

I live an hour from Buffalo and it's safe to say, Buffalo has always been a dump (for as long as I can remember). I think there's a huge portion of us Canadians that make the trek down (some come down in grey hound buses) and because alcohol is so much cheaper for us in the States vs north of the border, I think they/we use it as an excuse to even get more wasted than usual. But you guys are right as well... there isn't anything pleasant about the area, and the stadium is a shit hole, and an even colder shit hole, mid October onward.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I finally got to Denver to see a game. Is this how normal people enjoy football games? haha

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information