Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most fun Broncos non-super bowl season?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    That Chargers game in 2012 was one of the beat Broncos games of all time.
    That pinpoint touchdown pass to Wes Welker on the sideline to get us back in the lead. .. ..Wow. That game was a great roller-coaster ride.

About 4:35 in this highlight video:

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That was a strange year. The defense was amazing but the offense was so frustrating to watch. I was at the browns game that year and the offense tried to give that game away half a dozen times.

Having won it all obviously paints that season in a much better light, but I wouldn't say that was one of the more fun Broncos teams to watch overall.

The 12 and 13 teams were more fun to watch for me.
    I agree completely, but I know my heart rate was elevated EVERY GAME that year. So many close victories, so many times I was pissed or dejected at the offense choking it away only to have the D ride in and save the day and make me elated for the finish.

I voted Tebow year as the most exciting non SB year, but it still pales in comparison to 50 in my mind. Those moments in the playoffs, particularly the Pats game, were amazing.

Tebow's year was a blast, I expected a loss every week and was happy as hell to see the team keep grinding. It was awesome, and I agree, probably because the expectations were zero, but I could never choose that over that 50 season.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    That pinpoint touchdown pass to Wes Welker on the sideline to get us back in the lead. .. ..Wow. That game was a great roller-coaster ride.

About 4:35 in this highlight video:

That game was amazing. What a comeback. For the team, the organization, and Manning himself.

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I agree completely, but I know my heart rate was elevated EVERY GAME that year. So many close victories, so many times I was pissed or dejected at the offense choking it away only to have the D ride in and save the day and make me elated for the finish.

I voted Tebow year as the most exciting non SB year, but it still pales in comparison to 50 in my mind. Those moments in the playoffs, particularly the Pats game, were amazing.

Tebow's year was a blast, I expected a loss every week and was happy as hell to see the team keep grinding. It was awesome, and I agree, probably because the expectations were zero, but I could never choose that over that 50 season.
    Yeah, the 2016 playoff run was just incredible. The media pretty much completely wrote us off in all 3 games and called us the worst 1 seed of all time (which does kinda play into my point of that regular season not always being the most fun to watch), but that defense just came out and totally grabbed that title for us.

Easily my favorite playoff run, mixed emotions on the regular season though. Overall that might have been the third best regular season teams in Manning's 4 years here, but they just hit another level in the playoffs.

Just goes to show how you can pretty much throw out the regular season when the playoffs start.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, the 2016 playoff run was just incredible. The media pretty much completely wrote us off in all 3 games and called us the worst 1 seed of all time (which does kinda play into my point of that regular season not always being the most fun to watch), but that defense just came out and totally grabbed that title for us.

Easily my favorite playoff run, mixed emotions on the regular season though. Overall that might have been the third best regular season teams in Manning's 4 years here, but they just hit another level in the playoffs.

Just goes to show how you can pretty much throw out the regular season when the playoffs start.

Gary Kubiak did a tremendous job leading that team. At the moment it happened, I felt bringing Manning back in against the Chargers was absolutely the wrong decision. I felt like it was a panic move. But it was absolutely the right call, and the rest is history.

No way we win the SuperBowl if we didn't have home-field advantage through the playoffs. And that team earned home-field, in part due to that decision that led to a win over the Chargers. Kubiak did a tremendous job handling that whole Manning injury and it's impact on the team.

10. The Following 7 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Gary Kubiak did a tremendous job leading that team. At the moment it happened, I felt bringing Manning back in against the Chargers was absolutely the wrong decision. I felt like it was a panic move. But it was absolutely the right call, and the rest is history.

No way we win the SuperBowl if we didn't have home-field advantage through the playoffs. And that team earned home-field, in part due to that decision that led to a win over the Chargers. Kubiak did a tremendous job handling that whole Manning injury and it's impact on the team.
    No doubt. That decision saved our season. Totally agree we probably don't beat the pats if that game is played there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Thinking back about those 2012 and 2013 seasons, we totally could have won 3 rings with Manning. 2012 was probably the most complete team in the league and just lost on the biggest fluke ever. 2013 would have been the best team in almost any other year but just ran into a historic buzzsaw of a defense that we matched up terribly against.

We had a lot break right for us in 15 but we deserved it after those two heartbreaks.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

1984 was a really fun year, until the playoffs...

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    1984 was a really fun year, until the playoffs...
    I remember bits and pieces, I was only 7 but watched with Dad.

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Tebow year. Every game was a nail biter but in the end you were screaming for joy by the end of it. The Chicago game was really crazy from the word go.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The Tebow year. Every game was a nail biter but in the end you were screaming for joy by the end of it. The Chicago game was really crazy from the word go.
    75% because of the Denver D.
    20% because opposing DCs freaked out and went prevent defense allowing the Tebow magic.
    5% Tebow magic.

If those opposing DCs had kept to their game plan Denver wouldn't have caught a wiff of the playoffs that year. The Cheatriots showed the league how to deal with Denver but not many paid attention (especially Pittsburgh).

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    75% because of the Denver D.
    20% because opposing DCs freaked out and went prevent defense allowing the Tebow magic.
    5% Tebow magic.

If those opposing DCs had kept to their game plan Denver wouldn't have caught a wiff of the playoffs that year. The Cheatriots showed the league how to deal with Denver but not many paid attention (especially Pittsburgh).
    Obviously all correct BUT it still didnt change how the season unfolded. I mean, its not Tebow's fault that the rest of the league allowed us to stay in games. Even going back to that Chicago game (cant remember their RB's name) if that guy doesnt go out of bounds we lose that one.

23. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

That bears game in 2011....all he had to do is stay in bounds.

nope, it was tebow time

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Obviously all correct BUT it still didnt change how the season unfolded. I mean, its not Tebow's fault that the rest of the league allowed us to stay in games. Even going back to that Chicago game (cant remember their RB's name) if that guy doesnt go out of bounds we lose that one.

Don't get me wrong, that season was an absolute BLAST! I just couldn't (and still can't) believe the number of DCs that thought Tebow was anything more than third tier pedestrian talent. Especially Pittsburgh in the wildcard game that apparently didn't bother watching tape from the Cheatriots game.

27. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

What season was Steve Atwater's monster hit on Christian Okoye?

I think in terms of good and Bad Broncos games, and then extrapolate to a season.
    Favorite plays like a number of Manning TD throws to Julius Thomas in 2013.

I was sure people would say 2011. But for me, I hated 2011, because I couldn't stand Tim Tebow. I was afraid that if Tebow's miracle run continued, we'd be stuck with him for a long term.

And it was obvious that he simply wasn't a viable long term QB for reasons that now are blindingly obvious. He never learned to throw an accurate forward pass. And there's just nowhere for you to go in the NFL as a QB if you can't do that. Ultimately 3 different teams gave him a chance to prove he could (eventually) learn to be an accurate passer who knew how to run an offense from the pocket. But, he never learned. So, he bounced out of the NFL.

Contrary to all the blind Tebowites, I felt this was obvious from the beginning, so I loathed Tebow and didn't want to see him continue as the Broncos QB. It would never have worked. Tebow proved that by failing everywhere he went. Chance after chance, flub after flub.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information