Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Heurerman on Flacco

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Heurerman on Flacco

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...9-ELC9fvjNq7eU

Surprise, surprise: Joe Flacco is comfortable in the system specifically tailored to him.

While other Broncos players, including his fellow quarterbacks, are learning to crawl before they walk, the 34-year-old former Super Bowl champion is sprinting without a hitch.

“I wouldn’t say he’s a step ahead, he’s probably six years ahead," tight end Jeff Heuerman noted Tuesday. "He’s been around. He’s seen a lot of football and played a lot of football. Like I was saying, his experience factor is huge for us. To have a guy calling plays that’s been around—what year is he on? Twelve? Yeah, he’s got a lot of experience on a lot of guys. That’s huge at the quarterback position. There are a lot of us that really appreciate that and it helps kind of the flow of the offense and getting everybody where they need to be and what they need to do.”
    What's next for the Broncos? Do not miss any breaking news or in-depth analysis! Sign up for our FREE newsletter, and get every breaking story delivered to your inbox!

Largely by design, Denver hired an offensive coordinator (Rich Scangarello) who runs a Gary Kubiak-like offense, and acquired a signal-caller whom Kubiak himself once coached.

Thus, it's taken Flacco days — not weeks — to assimilate in a process that, he said, remains ongoing.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I kind of figured Flacco would pick up on offense pretty quickly. Hopefully, Lock's picks up on the offense pretty quickly himself.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I am surprised that the guys at camp have not been raving left and right about our star in the making WR Brendan Langley. He must just be taking things slowly to start.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im suprised Rypien hasnt won the job yet by sending Flacco to the bench and putting Lock into tears pirate style.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I am surprised that the guys at camp have not been raving left and right about our star in the making WR Brendan Langley. He must just be taking things slowly to start.
    He's a longshot to make the team, which Elway told him. He's way down on the depth chart right now. But, he wanted to be a WR in college, but was forced to switch to CB when his team needed defensive help. So, he has the athleticism going for him. But, he needs to run routes and prove he has the hand strength to compete at that position.

He has to prove he will make it in the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im suprised Rypien hasnt won the job yet by sending Flacco to the bench and putting Lock into tears pirate style.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-15-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    He's a longshot to make the team, which Elway told him. He's way down on the depth chart right now. But, he wanted to be a WR in college, but was forced to switch to CB when his team needed defensive help. So, he has the athleticism going for him. But, he needs to run routes and prove he has the hand strength to compete at that position.

He is from Marietta GA. He played football at Lamar.

His 40 time was 4.43 and he was drafted in the third round.

He made his professional regular season debut during the Denver Broncos' season-opening 24–21 victory over the Los Angeles Chargers.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think he was a wide receiver in college and switched to defensive back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Nah, not yet. my spies tell me he has one more position switch to go before he blows up. He will be playing next to Josey Jewell at ILB before the start of game 3.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

My only question is, can he play safety?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    He is from Marietta GA. He played football at Lamar.

His 40 time was 4.43 and he was drafted in the third round.

He made his professional regular season debut during the Denver Broncos' season-opening 24–21 victory over the Los Angeles Chargers.
    You aren't going to pass a Turing test like that, cugbot.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I think he was a wide receiver in college and switched to defensive back.
    According to his interview, he wanted to play WR in college, but was switched to DB by his coaches because they had a weakness there. He was drafted as a DB, but never was that into it. He struggled at CB and finally decided to go to Elway and tell him he wanted to switch back to WR.

Elway is giving him the chance, but given the Broncos depth at WR Langley is a long shot to make it.

Right now behind Sanders and Sutton they already have DeSean Hamilton, River Cracraft, and Tim Patrick all of whom are starting out ahead of him. Plus 5 rookies. So, basically he's competing with 5 other dudes for 1 roster spot - if the Broncos keep 6 WRs (they could possibly keep 5).

So, long shot, but not at all impossible for him to make it. He has the speed and athleticism, but he's not polished at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Nah, not yet. my spies tell me he has one more position switch to go before he blows up. He will be playing next to Josey Jewell at ILB before the start of game 3.
    That would be pretty funny actually. (He's listed at 6'0", 199 lbs.)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

According to his interview, he wanted to play WR in college, but was switched to DB by his coaches because they had a weakness there. He was drafted as a DB, but never was that into it. He struggled at CB and finally decided to go to Elway and tell him he wanted to switch back to WR.

Elway is giving him the chance, but given the Broncos depth at WR Langley is a long shot to make it.

Right now behind Sanders and Sutton they already have DeSean Hamilton, River Cracraft, and Tim Patrick all of whom are starting out ahead of him. Plus 5 rookies. So, basically he's competing with 5 other dudes for 1 roster spot - if the Broncos keep 6 WRs (they could possibly keep 5).

So, long shot, but not at all impossible for him to make it. He has the speed and athleticism, but he's not polished at WR.
    In others word what I just said, he started off as wide receiver and was switched in college.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

When the Martian’s land and want to bone up on the Broncos they will keep you around.

22. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information