Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Heurerman on Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Are these the same analysts that think Sam Darnold and the NYJ are going to win the AFC?

Its like don't even play a game because the Jets are gonna win it all and Darnold is a HoFer. Don't even play a game.

Yeah ok!

I love that everyone is looking past Denver.
    Probably. Like some analysts who are calling the 2018 draft class "the Hall of Fame Five". I don't think they are kidding.

Darnold is already in the Hall of Fame you see. Hasn't done anything whatever in the NFL but he's clearly headed for Canton. Or something.

Josh Rosen is also apparently headed for inevitable stardom despite bombing his first year and being traded for a snickerdoodle. Lamar Jackson is also an inevitable star, even though he throws like Tebow on a 3-day bender.
    Last edited by Cugel; 05-28-2019 at 11:31 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    For some reason the national press has the delusion that Flacco is actually worse than Keesum. Joyner cannot possibly have watched Keesum play if he thinks that of course. "Huge drop off from the solid vertical passing numbers Case Keenum posted" --- that might be the funniest take on the Broncos off-season I've heard yet.

"Two of their top 3 CBs" -- well it looks like the Broncos will re-negotiate Chris Harris for this season, so that part is not true. It's unfortunate that Elway refuses to offer Harris a long term deal but that will have zero impact this season.

As for losing Bradley Roby, he played out his contract, including the fifth year option, but he wasn't very good when promoted to the #2 CB last year. The Broncos signed Callahan and Kareem Jackson, which more than made up for the loss of Roby, who had to sign a 1 year, "prove it" deal with the Texans for $9.5m.

The Texans have no commitment to him after the 2019 season. Nobody thinks losing Bradley Roby will negatively impact the Broncos except the sporting press for some insane reason.
    Smh @ Joyner -Talk about Lazy... how much more could a 6-11 team decline? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    But they "lost 3 starters off their OL." Never mind that, other than Paradis, they richly deserved to be replaced. Unless people think that Jared Veldheer and Billy Turner were "der awesome." And Paradis is coming off 3 major surgeries in 2 years. Nobody in the NFL was willing to give him a long term deal for that reason. Instead he's got a 1 year deal for under $10m, which is a steal if he's completely healthy. But, is he going to be completely healthy? That's the risk. Elway was unwilling to give Paradis top $ for that very reason, and given the injury history that made sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    But they "lost 3 starters off their OL." Never mind that, other than Paradis, they richly deserved to be replaced. Unless people think that Jared Veldheer and Billy Turner were "der awesome." And Paradis is coming off 3 major surgeries in 2 years. Nobody in the NFL was willing to give him a long term deal for that reason. Instead he's got a 1 year deal for under $10m, which is a steal if he's completely healthy. But, is he going to be completely healthy? That's the risk. Elway was unwilling to give Paradis top $ for that very reason, and given the injury history that made sense.
    Denver could trot out 5 Undrafted FAs for starters in 2019 and have as good a season as the last two they were ao mediocre. Puhleeze.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

$10 M for any C is not a “steal”.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    $10 M for any C is not a “steal”.
    If he was completely healthy, it is a steal for one of the top centers in the NFL, which Paradis is. Elway said the reason they decided not to re-sign him to a long term deal was "injury concerns". He's had 3 surgeries in 2 years, and while he claims to be coming along and will be ready to play next season, big linemen hitting 30 with significant health concerns normally do not get more healthy as they get older.

So, how long of a deal will teams want to give them? Although Andrew Whitworth will be 38 this season and he's still playing LT for the Rams. So, an older OL isn't always a problem. But, when they start having health concerns it is a problem.

Ten million a year for Paradis isn't a problem, but bad hips or legs is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Paradis and C is probably one of the easier OL positions to Draft for. Far easier than Ts

9. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Paradis and C is probably one of the easier OL positions to Draft for. Far easier than Ts
    Except that they didn't draft a C this year. They're using Connor McGovern who isn't great. And drafting a rookie next year would mean he might be any good in 2021 or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Except that they didn't draft a C this year. They're using Connor McGovern who isn't great. And drafting a rookie next year would mean he might be any good in 2021 or later.
    Center is easier to fill via Draft or FA than G or T im just saying. Its a position that is very mental, and you can overcome some physical or athletic deficiency if youre smart. Ts especially are way better athletes than interior lineman. Same on Defense.

Bolles is the best example of this. Exceptional athlete, he just hasnt grasped the mental ticks yet.

12. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Center is easier to fill via Draft or FA than G or T im just saying. Its a position that is very mental, and you can overcome some physical or athletic deficiency if youre smart. Ts especially are way better athletes than interior lineman. Same on Defense.

Bolles is the best example of this. Exceptional athlete, he just hasnt grasped the mental ticks yet.
    Hello! It doesn't matter if it's "easier" to do something if you DON'T do it!

The Broncos did not draft a C. They are going with McGovern.

The earliest they could draft a C is in 2020. That's not going to help them THIS year when they did NOT draft a C!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Hello! It doesn't matter if it's "easier" to do something if you DON'T do it!

The Broncos did not draft a C. They are going with McGovern.

The earliest they could draft a C is in 2020. That's not going to help them THIS year when they did NOT draft a C!
    Risner could play C too his versatility was a huge draw. Just sayin nthing is carved in stone.

15. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Paradis is a dime-o-dozen stiff, Bye Felicia.

If McGovern fails just replace him too, it’s not hard.

Watch Sam Speedbump Jones come in a earn the starting job and I will rest my case.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yes, they drafted a guy who can play three different positions offensive line including center. McGovern was also thrown into playing center more than half-way through the season. That aside he played well given the circumstances. If he had been there from day one of camp I think he would have been fine. This year he will be at center from day one and will see if the criticism has any real legitimacy.

18. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information